PDA

View Full Version : CDMTCI Annual Manfeild Open Day 2007

Busted
13th September 2006, 21:48
Yes people its on again. Back by popular demand and our 21st one no less!

Saturday 13th January 2007.

Check out the events page for more details.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

phoenixgtr
11th December 2006, 10:23
I am very keen to do a track day on my FXR before I move up to a bigger bike.

Just one question: What level of gear is needed. I have a jacket, gloves, boots etc. so thats fine, but I only have Draggin jeans. Are these ok?

Thanks

quickbuck
11th December 2006, 13:29
I'm pretty sure they are. You could always PM Busted directly. Or, ring him at AFC in Palmy.

jimbo600
11th December 2006, 18:46
Nice one. Went on the last trackday you guys organised and thought that it was very well run. Will be in for this one for sure.

Trudes
11th December 2006, 18:52
AWESOME!!!!!! Kendog did the one you guys had earlier in the year I think, and it looked wicked and I was itching to get out there and promised myself next time!! Cool :banana: s. So we just register on the day, don't have to pre-register or anything? And can I ride without my mirrors? Thanks!!

kiwifruit
11th December 2006, 18:53
yep, had a blast last year... will definitely be there again this time

Busted
11th December 2006, 22:58
Just one question: What level of gear is needed. I have a jacket, gloves, boots etc. so thats fine, but I only have Draggin jeans. Are these ok?

Thanks

Draggin jeans are fine in the "Slow / Novice" group. But that is the limit I'm afraid.
You should be fine in there on the FXR so that should be all good.

Good to hear people are looking to come back and join us once again.
Look forward to seeing you all there.

NinjaBoy
13th December 2006, 16:15
Yep... made the Journey from Aucks last time. Looking forward again to it again next year

slydesigns
15th December 2006, 07:34
what level of bike can go in the slow/novice class? I've been racing MX for about 15yrs but only recently started on the road bikes with a KR1 (AFC and Phil Turnbull guys will know it). Its averagely fast in a straight line with me twisting the grip but not so hot on this whole "lean it over and drag a knee" thing yet. Its unnatural anf freakish. I keep wanting to stick a leg out instead by instinct. So I'm pretty sure, confidence-wise I'm going to be a true novice, ego-wise anything else until I drop it.

skelstar
15th December 2006, 07:55
Yeah I'll be there I think.

Long track (wishful thinking) or short track?

Trudes
15th December 2006, 09:35
Hey sly, I hope you don't go sticking that leg out in front of me, it'll freak me out!! :gob: Oh, and we are planning on going too. Yahhhhh!!

Grub
15th December 2006, 10:15
How slow is slow? My partner is a new commuter but not rider. Her corners are terrible (and dangerous). They are a nice bell curve ... but round the wrong way.

I would like to have some track time with her on structure lines through a set of familiar corners but these days don't really sound liek the right time/place. We would be holding people up.

I just don't know how else to do this properly and safely.

Brett

jimbo600
15th December 2006, 11:07
How slow is slow? My partner is a new commuter but not rider. Her corners are terrible (and dangerous). They are a nice bell curve ... but round the wrong way.

I would like to have some track time with her on structure lines through a set of familiar corners but these days don't really sound liek the right time/place. We would be holding people up.

Brett

Slow is pretty slow and other folk are good at passing safely. I'd say that she'd be OK. Its an ideal environment to upskill on corners etc.

Grub
15th December 2006, 11:22
Slow is pretty slow and other folk are good at passing safely. I'd say that she'd be OK. Its an ideal environment to upskill on corners etc.

Thanx Jimbo, I'd say that if we're that welcome, we'll be there.

Hmmm Whitby too huh? We might just have to hook up for coffee sometime. You can't miss me if you're out between 6.30-7.00am ... mine's the one with <gasp> pink wheels

Brett

jimbo600
15th December 2006, 11:33
Thanx Jimbo, I'd say that if we're that welcome, we'll be there.

Hmmm Whitby too huh? We might just have to hook up for coffee sometime. You can't miss me if you're out between 6.30-7.00am ... mine's the one with <gasp> pink wheels

Brett

Cycling to work at that time of day mate. I'll keep an eye out for the CBR.

Java sounds good.

jumma
16th December 2006, 20:08
Very keen for this, as are my flatmates. See you there!

ajturbo
16th December 2006, 21:47
should be there with both luke and me... on the buckets....to "TEST" stuff... like how late i can break before i fall off, and ....

Busted
27th December 2006, 21:29
what level of bike can go in the slow/novice class? I've been racing MX for about 15yrs but only recently started on the road bikes with a KR1 (AFC and Phil Turnbull guys will know it). Its averagely fast in a straight line with me twisting the grip but not so hot on this whole "lean it over and drag a knee" thing yet. Its unnatural anf freakish. I keep wanting to stick a leg out instead by instinct. So I'm pretty sure, confidence-wise I'm going to be a true novice, ego-wise anything else until I drop it.

You'll be fine in the novice group to start out with. And if you feel confident enough you can always move up later in the day.

Busted
27th December 2006, 21:30
Yeah I'll be there I think.

Long track (wishful thinking) or short track?

Just short track as normal sorry.

Busted
27th December 2006, 21:33

Brett

The slow/novice group are lead at around 120 kph so not to taxing at all. You usually also find that you can find a bit of clear space mid group. You'll have no drama's carrying out a bit of coaching in the group.

wilber
28th December 2006, 14:21
Is the noise db enforced because I know for sure mine wont be under 85db dont want to come up there only to told no can do.

kiwifruit
28th December 2006, 14:37
you'll be sweet wilber, i wouldn't worry about that :)

wilber
28th December 2006, 17:15
Cheers kiwifruit ,really would like to try the tl on the track and not have to worry about the boys in blue in your mirrors ,see you there .

Grub
28th December 2006, 21:15
We've never been to one of these things so excuse the dumb questions.

- Do we have to pre-register?
- No race licence needed?
- No scrutineering?
- What cost?
- Anything else?

Grub 'n' Nasty

NinjaBoy
28th December 2006, 21:33
We've never been to one of these things so excuse the dumb questions.

- Do we have to pre-register?
- No race licence needed?
- No scrutineering?
- What cost?
- Anything else?

Grub 'n' Nasty

Copied from the Calendar:
CDMTCI 21st Annual Manfeild Open Day

Cost $40 for a full day of the track.
Novice, Medium, Fast and Race bikes caterred for.

Sign in and Scrutineering Strictly 9am to 9:45am
Bikes presented for scrutineering must be of WOF standard
All glass to be taped. Sorry no sidecars
Bikes must be under 85db to comply with Manfeild regulations
All riders must comply with the following:
Minimum age of 15
Must hold and present a NZ Motorcycle Licence
Appropriate protective gear to be worn while on the track
CD’s reserves the right to refuse entry and/or to expel any rider who does not comply with event rules on the day

Grub
28th December 2006, 21:44
Copied from the Calendar:
CDMTCI 21st Annual Manfeild Open Day

Appropriate protective gear to be worn while on the track

Cool Ninja ... thanx.

What does "appropriate protective gear" mean exactly? My jandals are leather and my shorts are too ... so are they ok?

NinjaBoy
28th December 2006, 21:56
Cool Ninja ... thanx.

What does "appropriate protective gear" mean exactly? My jandals are leather and my shorts are too ... so are they ok?

Leather Jandals are OK but Titanium is better !:yes:

At all the Trackdays I've been to it means: Proper Motorcycle boots/gloves and Leather or Cordura jacket and pants + Full face helmet.

However, I should let Busted comment on this.:shutup:

Busted
3rd January 2007, 05:22
Is the noise db enforced because I know for sure mine wont be under 85db dont want to come up there only to told no can do.

We do have to comply with Manfeilds reg's, And their guys are on site for the day. And if either they or us deem it to be too loud you will be asked to remove it from the track and the day.

It is part of our condtions of track hire.

Busted
3rd January 2007, 05:29
Cool Ninja ... thanx.

As noted above "motorcycle gear" is required. If you rock up in "casual gear" dont expect to be doing anything more than the slow novice group if your lucky!

Cordura is fine as are 2 piece leather suits that dont zip together. Boots, gloves and helmets are a given. We do check the gear on the dummy grid and if we deem it to be unsuitable for the group you will be sent back to the pits to sort it.

Bear in mind we run this day with an elemnt of risk taken on board by the club. Trust me when I say we will cover our selves and ask you to leave (or sort it) if we deem you to be a risk.

Beemer
10th January 2007, 16:45
I just had a call from someone asking about taking a pillion. I was pretty sure that was okay in the slow/novice laps but I checked with Andy to make sure and he said yes. Just be aware any pillions must also have good bike gear - helmet, gloves, boots, cordura or leather pants/jacket.

Skunk
11th January 2007, 09:03
should be there with both luke and me... on the buckets....to "TEST" stuff... like how late i can break before i fall off, and ....
I'll be there for you to lap...

Beemer
13th January 2007, 17:46
Lose something after CDMTCI track day?

Andy spotted something lying on the side of the road between Feilding and Sanson on his way home from the Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club Inc's track day at Manfeild today (January 13). They don't call him eagle-eyes for nothing!

For obvious reasons, I won't be disclosing what said object is, suffice to say it is possibly motorcycle related and therefore may or may not have been dropped by someone attending the track day.

If you have got home and thought "shit! lost my (whatever) that I use all the time", please send me a private message and describe what you have lost. A full description, including colour and condition of said object, will be required before it will be handed over!

roogazza
14th January 2007, 09:20
Thanks CDMTCI for a fun day, after a slow start with sign on and working out what was going to be the standard for bike and helmet checks , everything worked out just fine.
Hard work getting those sticky leathers on and off each time with the hot temps.

Anyway , well done , even if I did shag another set of tyres !!!!! Gaz.

ajturbo
14th January 2007, 10:44
I'll be there for you to lap...
didn't quite get to lap ya... tried so hard... but was a bit of a nananana around most of the corners.. but my braking was ok eh....

jimbo600
14th January 2007, 13:14
Cheers CDMTCI for putting that on. Well organised and run. My bike was scrutinised before I even realised it. Great value too. Shame about my bike being too loud but hey rules are rules. I've fit a baffle to it now though so it all should be good for the 4th March

Cheers again.

Skunk
14th January 2007, 14:03
Yep, cheers CDMTCI for that. I'll be back on the 4th of March too. Thanks to the marshalls for the flag waving stuff too.
Posted some pics in Kendogs photo thread.

Grub
14th January 2007, 15:34
(My thanx to the club is in the other thread) but wasn't the heat a real killer yesterday!

For those of you riding back to Welly and wondering why you couldn't get coold and then suddenly at Paekak getting blessed relief, at 1600 yesterday (stats courtesy of Metservice)...

- Palmerston North 28 deg C
- Levin 26 deg C
- Wellington 20 deg C (what a relief that was!)

Nasty 'n' I had to have a jackets-off break and lie on the cool damp grass in Waikanae just to chill ... nice to lie there and wave at all the hot KBers going past

Brett

Leong
14th January 2007, 17:05
(My thanx to the club is in the other thread) but wasn't the heat a real killer yesterday!

For those of you riding back to Welly and wondering why you couldn't get coold and then suddenly at Paekak getting blessed relief, at 1600 yesterday (stats courtesy of Metservice)...

- Palmerston North 28 deg C
- Levin 26 deg C
- Wellington 20 deg C (what a relief that was!)

Nasty 'n' I had to have a jackets-off break and lie on the cool damp grass in Waikanae just to chill ... nice to lie there and wave at all the hot KBers going past

Brett

Don't believe it!! We rode back to Taupo and on the Desert Road (1700hrs) there was wind and rain you wouldn't believe!! Wish I didn't have my pack on the back as it was like a huge sail. I thought it was probably less than 5 deg C and I bet RM125king thought it was less!! Got quite dark too.

Thanks for a great event Busted and the rest of the crew. Well organised yet very friendly, anformal and enjoyable atmosphere!! We'd be keen to do your 2nd event in March!!

et al
14th January 2007, 19:50
I also want to express my big thanks to CDMTCI for running this event. It will have been a long hot day for the organisers and helpers who had to stand around in the hot sun while we had fun out there - much appreciated.

NinjaBoy
14th January 2007, 20:13
We rode back to Taupo and on the Desert Road (1700hrs) there was wind and rain you wouldn't believe!!

It was a nice cool change and the wind was a little challenging but the fog was still above ground level. Although the sight of a soldier in full Camo trying to cross the road caught me by surprise :gob:

Thanks to CDMTCI for organising a great day... obviously learnt a few things from last year's effort and was very impressed with the turn-out. Looking forward to the next one...

Busted
14th January 2007, 20:17
Cheers to you all for the positive feed back.

Trust me the day's not a chore when it runs as well as it did yesterday and every one goes home happy. Makes it all very worth while indeed.

Look forward to seeing you all back on deck on Sunday March the 4th for another great day. Here's hoping for cooler weather mind you.

Cheers people.

Beemer
15th January 2007, 09:55
Levin 26 deg C

It was actually 29C on the news in Levin and trust me, it was a damned sight hotter than that in reality! I was there and had every door and window in the house open and there was NO breeze at all. No sun for most of the day either, so I couln't even shut the curtains to cool the house. We live on top of a ridge so it was stinking hot. Humidity was 99% and inside temperature was in the 30s...

Hopefully I will be at the next track day and it will be a bit cooler, I was certainly pleased NOT to be wandering around in bike gear in that heat!

quickbuck
25th January 2007, 18:25
Look forward to seeing you all back on deck on Sunday March the 4th for another great day.
Cheers people.

Missed this one Busted, but March 4th sounds great.
I was asked if I wanted to do the Gut Buster in Wellington, but heck that sounds like a fitness thing (and I'm doing enough of those this year!).

So, March 4th it is MANFEILD.
I will encourage a few lads (from base) to come along too.

redhed
1st March 2007, 21:06
Will they let bulls out on the track without mirrors do ya know?
I've got a pair of gloves with the ends torn out of them. but thats only for cooling.!!
I've only got 45* between my V's, will that be a disadvantage on the track, cause I see we have some really good experts saying like 62* or 90* is better.
Does 90* degrees give twice as much power as a 45* V??
Just wondring ?? I don't want to imbarress myself.
Cautiously optomistic there will be some corners on the track.

Busted
2nd March 2007, 20:45
Would suggest you buy some full finger motorcycle gloves prior to the track day if you dont wish to be turned away.

As for your other comments, I dont think they require a serious answer.

Cheers

redhed
2nd March 2007, 21:06
Oh com'on, don't be like that.!