PDA

View Full Version : 1WG FZR400 Fuel Filter

Sniper
14th September 2006, 11:58
Anyone know the actual part number and where I can get one? I have tried Repco, BNT, Appco and a couple of others to no availe. Dont tell me its better to just chuck it out.

Alos, what would one expect to pay for one?

Cheers

S

Flyingpony
14th September 2006, 12:39
Not a single motorcycle I've own has had a fuel filter, so I guess motorcycles, unlike cars, don't need fuel filters. Not sure of the reasoning behind this 'no requirement' feature. Or maybe, Suzuki just make awesome bikes :yes: (this is my third Suzuki in a row). Maybe they have tap filters?

Wouldn't any generic motorcycle fuel filter fit?

MSTRS
14th September 2006, 12:47
Is this an inline filter or part of the fueltap fitting?? If it is an inline then anything with the correct hose fitting should do the job.

Sniper
14th September 2006, 13:11
Is this an inline filter or part of the fueltap fitting?? If it is an inline then anything with the correct hose fitting should do the job.

Inline filter. I was thinking of just chucking a generic one in, but Im not sure how it alters the fuel flow ect.

HDTboy
14th September 2006, 13:12
Have a look on 400greybike forums, there's tonnes of poms with FZRs

MSTRS
14th September 2006, 13:18
Inline filter. I was thinking of just chucking a generic one in, but Im not sure how it alters the fuel flow ect.

Just make sure that it is fitted the right way round and there shouldn't be any problem

imdying
14th September 2006, 17:42
Repco, BNT, Appco Any $5 generic one from these guys will work. Measure your fuel line (probably 5/16" / 8mm) and get one with that size inlet/outlet.