PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

Bob
23rd June 2004, 08:09
Just thought I'd do the quick intro thing.

Name is Bob - I found this place through Moko and also know someone else in here (don't know how he is logging on, so can't name names!)

As it says on the profile, outside of the day job, I'm into bikes (obviously) - currently riding a bright yellow Suzuki SV650S.

Other interests? Watching cricket (member of Surrey CCC) - used to watch a lot of rugby league, but the blasted team kept moving home, eventually to a ground that is pretty inaccessible.

Married to Laura,who also rides a bike (currently owns an XV250 Virago)

Hopefully I'll be logging in here a fair bit more from now on.

Right, enough of the 'Friends Reunited' bit - hope to get to know you all better,

Bob

James Deuce
23rd June 2004, 08:55
Welcome Bob!

Look forward to hearing some more from you.

Bandito
23rd June 2004, 09:02
Welcome again Bob it will be good to share ideas and experiences with some body from the other side of the globe.

Ms Piggy
23rd June 2004, 09:05
Welcome. Nice to know we'll have places to stay when we pop over to Pommy land :apint: Lotsa cool people round here too!

vifferman
23rd June 2004, 09:08
Welcome, Bob! (pronounced in Blackadder fashion, of course). :doobey:

Firefight
23rd June 2004, 09:09
welcome Bob, always great to get contact from overseas, I assume you are in England,don't recognise the term UK, we have a few riders from there, including some x pat Kiwis.. hope you enjoy the site.

Firefight.

"Scotland" a free state.

Dr Bob
23rd June 2004, 10:02
Howdy Bob

Welcome to a civil and jovial discouse that provides a forum for delightfuly zealous individuals to eloquently partake in discourse that broadens our comprehension of our collective experiences of engaging in motorised bicycling activities.

kerryg
23rd June 2004, 10:21
Just thought I'd do the quick intro thing.

Name is Bob - I found this place through Moko and also know someone else in here (don't know how he is logging on, so can't name names!)

As it says on the profile, outside of the day job, I'm into bikes (obviously) - currently riding a bright yellow Suzuki SV650S.

Other interests? Watching cricket (member of Surrey CCC) - used to watch a lot of rugby league, but the blasted team kept moving home, eventually to a ground that is pretty inaccessible.

Married to Laura,who also rides a bike (currently owns an XV250 Virago)

Right, enough of the 'Friends Reunited' bit - hope to get to know you all better,

Bob

Please forgive the egregious circumlocution and obfuscation of Dr Bob

jrandom
23rd June 2004, 10:35
... but your real name's Kate. Right?

Bob. 'Bob'. Booooob.

Bob.

How DOES one write the Blackadder pronunciation?

Oh yes, and welcome aboard, it's a lot friendlier here than in uk.rec.motorcycles, although you might have a little more difficulty organising local rideouts. Ho ho.

wari
23rd June 2004, 19:30
WElcome inn Bob ... nice to see you madeit.:spudwave:

Feel free to ignore some of the silly posters ... I do :)

Bob
23rd June 2004, 20:10
Gosh!

Where to start? Erm...

Yup, UK is, essentially, England (though with 3/4 of my ancestors being Irish, I tend to use the more general term).

Blackadder thing? I always thought it should be Bobb... of even Bobbb. Still brings a smile to the face when I think of those episodes - even with all the flack I got afterwards!

Talking smile, I had to smile to see someone called 'Bandito' - for years I used "Ex Bandit Bob", as I'd just thrown one down the road when a chum started up a site and used something I'd emailed him to get it going. He was stuck for a name and came up with the above... which stuck for a long, long time.

In fact, if you do a Google search for "ex bandit bob" (v. important to put it in quotes), theres an article out there somewhere under that name!

But thanks again for the warm welcome - I get the feeling I'm gonna like it in here...

Zed
23rd June 2004, 21:50

Hi & welcome L-Plate Rider Bobbb.

If you reach 200+ posts on KiwiBiker you are obligated to travel down here and ride our roads for 1 week! I'd say with a bright yellow SV650 you would have to be one of the safest bikes on the road.

Enjoy your stay. :niceone:

Zed

bluninja
23rd June 2004, 23:15
Hello Bobbb, at the rate poms are announcing themselves on the board we'll all have to meet up and do a KB (UK) ride out.

TTFN