PDA

View Full Version : Chicks on Chicks:

Panther
17th September 2006, 13:22
to the fellow biker angels ONLY:

So whats up with chick bikers and the stereotype that they play for the other team?

I'm sure that some chicks on bikes do and thats totally fine by me, its just that the stereotype seems to follow me! im far from butch or anything!

to the biker angels does this happen to you often?

cos id have to say its the most embarrassing thing about riding a bike!

And it mite even be why there isnt more younger gals on bikes, apart from having helmet hair everywhere you go and tht th helmet smushes your make up and that footwear options are limited....etc

Coyote
17th September 2006, 13:25

Bah!

I've never considered biker chicks to be butch. I always thought they were hot and far superior to chicks that don't ride. That's just my opinion though

Marknz
17th September 2006, 13:28
I think that is Alarumbas subtle way of saying he'd like to see you in leathers :yes:

Colapop
17th September 2006, 13:29
I'll chime in with another boy's view - none of the 'chicks' from KB that I've met have been hard arsed butch b*tches ('cept for PF ....:bleh:).

I'm happy to ride with whoever regardless of persuasion (except for Maurice)

And don't sweat the boy's replying - it's just one of those things...

Coyote
17th September 2006, 13:29
I think that is Alarumbas subtle way of saying he'd like to see you in leathers :yes:
Yes

Pictures please

bobsmith
17th September 2006, 13:30

Funny, the first four replies to this thread is by male members.... :scooter:

[edit] - make that five

Panther
17th September 2006, 13:38
Well guys do want in on anything to do with girl on girl conversation!

Coyote
17th September 2006, 13:41
We're only human. And what's more I'm a teenager

This thread is useless without pics

Marknz
17th September 2006, 13:57

It's not the conversation we want in on lovee...

:love:

Oh shit, did I say that rather than just think it?

Bah!

I've never considered biker chicks to be butch. I always thought they were hot and far superior to chicks that don't ride. That's just my opinion though

That's some good spading there boy... 10/10 for effort.

Ms Piggy
17th September 2006, 16:44
If someone is stupid enough to assume you're a dyke b/c you ride a bike then they wouldn't be the type of person I'd want to waste a lot of time on anyway, just get out there and enjoy riding with those who don't have such small minded hang ups. :ride:

Coyote
17th September 2006, 17:19
That's some good spading there boy... 10/10 for effort.
Not at all. I was mearly discussing my opinion. Is that so wrong?

u4ea
17th September 2006, 17:57
If someone is stupid enough to assume you're a dyke b/c you ride a bike then they wouldn't be the type of person I'd want to waste a lot of time on anyway, just get out there and enjoy riding with those who don't have such small minded hang ups. :ride:

exactly.....and ive never had any problems with others assuming anything.the male riders tend to be very courtios and considerate when theres girls on their bikes!!!!and as for helmet hair .....why worry lol.......its not all about image

Panther
17th September 2006, 18:30
So what about the perception from non bikers-the average members of the public? have you had any assumptions/negative comments?

Ixion
17th September 2006, 18:36
Maurice might be able to help with the helmet hair problem. He knows a LOT of hairdressers. Plus Dover of course.

MyGSXF
17th September 2006, 18:43
It's not the conversation we want in on lovee...

:love:

Oh shit, did I say that rather than just think it?

Wipe ya chin.. you're dribbling.... :drool:

Rashika
17th September 2006, 18:49
reminds me of a funny little story...

my sister was on the back of my bike on a trip up to nelson. Pitstop at Mariua springs cos it was pissing down. Chatted to some nice bloke in a busfull of wankers...his mates told him not to talk to us cos we must be gay.
My sis...who can be a sarky one at times replied...well it'd be a fkn incestuous relationship then! He was a nice bloke and told them all to f off...and then started to chat about bikes. :rockon:
And later we roared passed them on the bike.... hehehe.

so yup, people do assume... a lot... actually seems to happen more from blokes esp non bike blokes. Most bikers are usually just chuffed about it instead ;)
as most of the above seems to point to :yes:

MyGSXF
17th September 2006, 19:07
Years ago, (the year Kaikoura flooded) my x & I were on a hell mission trip from ChCh to Nsn, 2 up on the XV750. Absolutely pissing down torrents of rain!! He was riding first the first half. Stopped at Maruia to thaw & dry out by the fire. Another bloke came in on an old Triumph to do the same. We chatted for a while, he left first then we carried on too. I was riding now. We caught up with him down the road a while later. Did the big wave as we roared past him. Stopped at the Kohatu much later for a beer. The other guy called in too. When the x went for a pee, the guy raised his pint to me & said.. "bloody good to see a chick on a bike.. especially one who knows how to ride..!!!" I reckon that secretly/or not.. some guys get off on seeing a chick decked in leathers & on a bike.. (riding that is..) give it heaps girl & don't give a toss what anyone else thinks!!! :whocares: Stand tall & be proud to be a chick biker!!! I do!! :rockon:

Kendog
17th September 2006, 19:08
Probably because I usually have the hubby with me when I'm in biker mode, I haven't really noticed this much. But I'm of the opinion, "fuck em, they can think what they like, I know who I am". In the end it's the people that need to stereotype others that have the problem, not us.:yes:
Mrs KD.

R6_kid
17th September 2006, 19:48
funny you should mention it. I get asked a lot if i know any girls that ride, then if there are any my age, then if they are hot, then if they are single (assuming they havent already asked if they play for the other team).

Best part is when i tell them about my friend who is 18 and rides a Busa, and that she could piss on pretty much anything that they've ever driven.

McJim
17th September 2006, 19:59
Best part is when i tell them about my friend who is 18 and rides a Busa, and that she could piss on pretty much anything that they've ever driven.

In some cultures they pay a lot of money to see an 18 year old girl piss on things......best not stir the animals then.

KATWYN
17th September 2006, 20:02

So whats up with chick bikers and the stereotype that they play for the other team?

I'm sure that some chicks on bikes do and thats totally fine by me, its just that the stereotype seems to follow me! im far from butch or anything!

And it mite even be why there isnt more younger gals on bikes, apart from having helmet hair everywhere you go and tht th helmet smushes your make up and that footwear options are limited....etc

Hey there Sallo,
I have been on road bikes and off road bikes for 8 years. As far as I know I have never been accused of being gay for riding bikes (I don't give a dam if I was labelled anyway)-if people think that cos I ride a bike.they are narrow minded and not worth knowing anyway. But the comments I get from other non riding females (often - when it comes to conversations about chicks on bikes) are for example recently a lady said when she saw my bike (she was a very "girly" lady), that she thought woman who rode bikes are soo sexy and she would love to ride one herself one day.

Woman who ride bikes are confident self assured woman - this may come across as "batting for the other team perhaps?

I cant believe how many more woman ride bikes from when I started 8 years ago. Its just great. You would be surprised at how many woman will look at you riding and be inspired to "just do it"

WINJA
17th September 2006, 20:50
reminds me of a funny little story...

my sister was on the back of my bike on a trip up to nelson. Pitstop at Mariua springs cos it was pissing down. Chatted to some nice bloke in a busfull of wankers...his mates told him not to talk to us cos we must be gay.
My sis...who can be a sarky one at times replied...well it'd be a fkn incestuous relationship then! He was a nice bloke and told them all to f off...and then started to chat about bikes. :rockon:
And later we roared passed them on the bike.... hehehe.

so yup, people do assume... a lot... actually seems to happen more from blokes esp non bike blokes. Most bikers are usually just chuffed about it instead ;)
as most of the above seems to point to :yes:
YEAH SISTERS , ID GET MY EGGS TWICE AS FAST IN THE MORNING

Ixion
17th September 2006, 21:24
I blame the electric starter. Or the Welch. I su[[ose the rot set in when they began fitting auto-advance units.

Coyote
17th September 2006, 21:46
I reckon that secretly/or not.. some guys get off on seeing a chick decked in leathers & on a bike.. (riding that is..)
Yes

10 characters

Maha
17th September 2006, 22:41
Dam.....thought the thread title said...Chicks with Dicks.....ah well, back to forum search......:done:

Nicksta
17th September 2006, 22:51
hey ya....
well, i dont think i've been mistaken for being anything but straight when i'm out riding.... its out socially that i get hit on by the wrong kind.... lol....
it is a stereotype thats out there... but i've had no probs... just been mistaken for being tougher than i am....

Kendog
18th September 2006, 06:23
Dam.....thought the thread title said...Chicks with Dicks.....ah well, back to forum search......:done:

You may be searching on the wrong forum if you are looking for threads with that title :puke:

dangerous
18th September 2006, 06:42

Chatting with just girls wont answer your question, they will generaly just back you up.

You arnt the 1st chick to mention this...(only a very few it bothers and they do stand out) what a load a shit, I have never seen the attitude in 20+ years of riding... to me it appears that you are insecure with your own sexuality.
why would this bother you if you have no problems with gays?

Rashika
18th September 2006, 07:45
You arnt the 1st chick to mention this...(only a very few it bothers and they do stand out) what a load a shit, I have never seen the attitude in 20+ years of riding... to me it appears that you are insecure with your own sexuality.
why would this bother you if you have no problems with gays?

but Dangerous old fella....you'd find it physically impossible to experience this!
Being a bloke and all...but if you really wanna test the theory, how about we dress you up as a girl and stick a chick on the back and see how you go? :dodge:

Funnily tho i dont get this much now cos i am on my own on the bike, whereas i used to have my sister on the back all the time. Not that it bothered me before, its just like the rest of the typical assumptions that people make about those on bikes. All in all its just what uneducated people do, we just have to educate them, sweetly of course :innocent:

Thing that does amuse me more now is the surprise on peoples face when I speak (with my helmet on)... "Oh you're a girl" they say (and they actually DO say that!) and i get a wee smile on my face that says...ahuh gee you're observant eh?
And the one thing that does piss me off about assumptions is people who assume that that cos I'm a woman, I must be a learner and the Buell is only a small bike.... yeah right mate, 250 cc's doesn't sound remotely like this. :nono:

u4ea
18th September 2006, 08:47
so far it sounds like its the males who dont ride that are making the most assumptions.........thats an easy one to figure out...............some girls have bigger balls (tecnically speaking)and these blokes cant handle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:killingme :killingme :killingme

Joni
18th September 2006, 09:01
I have never been in that situation myself... strange huh!

However what I found is people presume that because you ride a bike that automatically means you are "rough", a petrol head.... cant be feminine, you have to be butch... :spudwhat:

And I agree about what was said... its men who dont ride that have the issues, they dont have the balls to do something, and then they see a woman doing it and thier little egos cant handle it... thats why they have stupid comments to make.

jrandom
18th September 2006, 09:05
I have never been in that situation myself... strange huh!

Nobody would mistake you for gay, Joni.

Nobody.

Ixion
18th September 2006, 09:12
Ms Joni is then dour, gloomy, glum, morose, saturnine, sulky, sullen ?

jrandom
18th September 2006, 09:18
... dour, gloomy, glum, morose, saturnine, sulky, sullen?

Perhaps I should have spelled it with an aitch.

Joni
18th September 2006, 09:28

Nobody.
Ahem... :o

I'm not sure if thats a compliment or an insult... however I will not ask for further explanation...:sunny:

SARGE
18th September 2006, 09:30

Emo?? (http://www.dobi.nu/emo/girls.htm)

10 blah blah blah

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 09:46

lol...

let me help here...

Dour.. hmmm... no...
Gloomy - about as much as the his peace keeping Muslim buddies love the Pope right now
Morose.... nope
Saturnine (Is this another dwarf planet?)
Sulky, yes - when pissed off, pissed on, (but not when she's pissed...)
Sullen... no.

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 09:55

To answer the original question - yes, there are some on here that are gay, some that are Bi, and some that aren't... no big deal. Likewise the guys.

It's interesting the stereo type is there, and I'm glad it's not 100% accurate... there's very few things as sexy (to me) as a woman riding a bike. Having met and spoken at length with a number of women on here, there are only one or two I don't really see eye to eye with, and the general attitude of being a motorcyclist shines through stronger than them being anything else.

Assumptions of anyones sexual preference based on their involvement in anything is stupid. Really really stupid.

MDU over and under

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
18th September 2006, 10:13
I've never given a flying f what people think about me riding bikes - been doing so since 15 and more often than not I have been the rider and my pillion is a male. An older gentleman did say to me once "it's not very feminine Shirl". Kids are great - they are usually in awe and will ask lots of questions first about the bike then you inevitably get "are you married" No. "Wouldn't your husband let you have a bike!!". I took a teenager to school on my bike - he just thought it was the bees knees but then proceeded to tell them I was his mother.
Otherwise comments have all been positive - and many woman have said I'd love to ride a bike - I say go for it "you are never too old".
A group of guys once invited me to ride with them, and one of them thought he'd drag me off!! Ha creamed him totally which was not a good look, then he proceeded to lie about it!! Well the trip was just beginning. My rule has always been you don't pass the leader. I was hard pushed not to and I was taking it easy cos my tyres were a bit shonky and I did not have full protection clothing on. They made sarcastic comments such as -= gee you must have been really riding hard - cos I open mouth and foot falls out telling them why I was taking it so slowly. They never asked me to ride with them again. Have always ridden on my own. Go on my first KB trip and what do I do - bin the bike - first road accident!
One will never have glamorous hair with a helmet. Great excuse really. No-one would ever know that I hadn't brushed my hair! lol
I ride cos it's in my blood - I love it and I'm really doing it hard without a bike at present and all this good weather we are having.

Magua
18th September 2006, 10:17

You may have addressed it to the biker angels, but with a thread title like chicks on chicks you're asking for trouble. :D

Oh and I've never heard of such a stereotype before. :S

placidfemme
18th September 2006, 10:25
haha don't know if I should even comment on this... cause I am gay :)

Screw what people think of you and what they say, if your on your bike and your having fun... fuck them!

Or you could just be a smart ass and say "I'm not a lesbian... but my girlfriend is"

*thinks chicks who ride bikes are hot*

LilSel
18th September 2006, 10:30
haha don't know if I should even comment on this... cause I am gay :)

Screw what people think of you and what they say, if your on your bike and your having fun... fuck them!

Or you could just be a smart ass and say "I'm not a lesbian... but my girlfriend is"

*thinks chicks who ride bikes are hot*

:laugh:.... Yeah... What she said :D

KATWYN
18th September 2006, 11:14
To answer the original question - yes, there are some on here that are gay, some that are Bi,

....and some that are tri

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 11:15
....and some that are try

That'd be me then....

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 11:17

:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

"What others think of you is none of your damned business" - a favourite saying of mine.

Joni
18th September 2006, 11:20
yeah my closest friend always says "If you dont like it - then dont look..."

Damn I wish I was as tough as her...

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 11:24
yeah my closest friend always says "If you dont like it - then dont look..."

:gob: ...but some of my most amasing times have been when I couldn't stop looking...

LilSel
18th September 2006, 11:29
:yes: spot on MDU/Joni!!

It doesn't bother me what people have to say etc...
I just smile, even if it was a nasty verbal attack. Only person it is affecting at the end of the day is the person spouting it.

McJim
18th September 2006, 11:37
....and some that are tri

Of course - being in New Zealand 'Tri' is in fact a preference - men/women/livestock - must be why The_Dover likes it here so much - same kind of outlook as the North Sea Islands...

Meekey_Mouse
18th September 2006, 12:10
I haven't been able to ride in town on a bike yet, but all the guys at youth group who are my age think it's awsome... most think it's hot and all of them know me too well to think I was at all gay or butch for it. I know most of their parents will be terrified when they see me ride to youth group for the first time on my bike :D a moment I'm really looking forward to!! Just watching the parents jaws drop :gob: hehe, esp. as I'll be in leathers and not cordura.

But I totally agree with basically every one else who has posted on here.... who cares what other people think?

Ride because you love it :love: , not because of what other (small minded) people think :whocares:

That'd be me then....

I thought at the moment you were asexual?

KATWYN
18th September 2006, 13:26
I thought at the moment you were asexual?

I learnt in Psych101 a few years ago (yes - the paper EVERYONE does) that everyone is gay or could be gay.... something like that anyway. I guess its whatever the word "gay" is defined as maybe??? (its a theory)

*waits for the responses :corn: *

Lissa
18th September 2006, 13:27
One of the reason's I hadn’t learnt to ride yet, was the perception it would give to others. I haven’t had any other neg. comments about it being butch, and I don’t think I could ever be taken for being butch. But to be perfectly honest I don’t care what other people think at this point in my life, I am doing it for me, not anyone else.

I learnt in Psych101 a few years ago (yes - the paper EVERYONE does) that everyone is gay or could be gay.... something like that anyway. (its a theory)

I'm a male lesbian.

LilSel
18th September 2006, 13:53
I learnt in Psych101 a few years ago (yes - the paper EVERYONE does) that everyone is gay or could be gay.... something like that anyway. I guess its whatever the word "gay" is defined as maybe??? (its a theory)

lol... everyone is happy or could be happy?

Im Gay!! :D<---see

KATWYN
18th September 2006, 13:56
lol... everyone is happy or could be happy?

Im Gay!! :D<---see

EGGSZACHERY

buellbabe
18th September 2006, 13:58
You arnt the 1st chick to mention this... I have never seen the attitude in 20+ years of riding...

Ditto... I've been riding for 20yrs and have NEVER had any bloke think I was a 'dyke on a bike', infact when I first joined the Harley scene I only knew a couple of other chicks who were riding and we were treated with total respect by all the guys (still are).
I will always remember my first visit to the Puhoi Pub (4 u southerners, thats the Fav Biker pub just north of Auck). In those days anything Japanese was frowned on and the clientele was decidedly rough. No sooner had I gotten off my bike and barely got my helmet off when a scary looking biker came over and introduced himself and said "bloody good to see a lady riding... girls on bikes are hot!"

Pwalo
18th September 2006, 14:00

I did Phsyc 101 a long, long time ago. Still shit? Sorry but riding a bike is just riding a bike. Nothing special. Doesn't make you gay, bad, or whatever.

McJim
18th September 2006, 14:00
There's possibly something about having over 150kg of throbbing power between your thighs that transcends sexuality I would have thought - something gays and straights alike can enjoy and often discuss over a pint or two.

Before I rode a motorbike I had no such preconceptions - surprised they exist.

Also in the UK it's predominantly doctors/accountants/bank managers/stockbrokers etc that ride motorcycles because the insurance and running costs put them out of reach of most of the population so I'd always seen that motorcyclists were very rich people.

Swoop
18th September 2006, 14:06
Saturnine (Is this another dwarf planet?)
Hey! Be a bit more politically correct please?
It is a "vertically challenged" planet......:msn-wink:

Joni
18th September 2006, 14:06
Sorry but riding a bike is just riding a bike. Nothing special. Doesn't make you gay, bad, or whatever.Yup, its still the person sitting on the bikes core character that will determine their actions....

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 14:07
Hey! Be a bit more politically correct please?
It is a "vertically challenged" planet......:msn-wink:

oh bugger sorry...

(Can I say "bugger", or does it need to be "rectal intimacy" or something?)

_Gina_
18th September 2006, 14:41
LOL

Other than team WIMA trying to get my attention when I had pulled up with a bunch of guys on sportsbikes, I haven't ever had that misconception fed my way.....

Nope, I have only had the "how cool is that! a chick riding a bike"
(and she can ride it and doesn't bin it every two seconds)
and "bitch, wish I could afford one of those" kinda comments.

Anyway Sallo, don't sweat the petty things or pet the sweaty things.....

Gg

mstriumph
18th September 2006, 15:12
i've been riding a long time and received a cross-section of comment on that - some of which has concerned my sexuality.

gender stereotypes, like any other generalisation/label, are amusing but mostly too limiting for me to bother with

i'm comfortable with who, where and what i am ........

in the context of this thread that happens to be straight but (as i don't think that people who are more attracted to their own sex are any more reprehesable than people who have brown eyes rather than green) i don't consider it an insult if someone thinks i'm gay

...................... now - if someone called me FRENCH ..... :Pokey:

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 15:48
I reckon no matter what or who you do, there'll be someone ready willing and waiting to give you arseholes for it. Just builds that backbone up, stands you more strongly on your own two feet.
Curiously enough though, for men, it is only riding a scooter that can make you gay! Gender imbalance strikes again.

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 15:54
Just to comment on the whole sexuality thing... I've been hit on by guys that are Bi etc... and it's flattering they should give me that kind of attention. I'm not interested personally, but their comments certainly didn't make me anxious or worried at all

Live and let live for Pete's sake.

It's like religion - people can believe what they like so long as they're happy to take "No" for an answer. Force it down my throat (excuse the very bad visual on that one)... and I get pissed off...

McJim
18th September 2006, 15:54
I reckon no matter what or who you do, there'll be someone ready willing and waiting to give you arseholes for it. Just builds that backbone up, stands you more strongly on your own two feet.
Curiously enough though, for men, it is only riding a scooter that can make you gay! Gender imbalance strikes again.

Then how come everyone calls me gay for riding a Honda?

Before I knew about the whole "Gay Honda" reference I thought they were complimenting me on my style and dress sense.

McJim
18th September 2006, 15:56
Just to comment on the whole sexuality thing... I've been hit on by guys that are Bi etc...

It's coz you ride a Honda - I'm telling you...:)

So stop feeling flattered.

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 15:58
Honda doesn't have to make you gay, just slow!! LOL

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 16:01
It's coz you ride a Honda - I'm telling you...:)

So stop feeling flattered.

There's going to be hell to pay when Honda find out Suzuki have been rebadging their bikes then...

Riff Raff
18th September 2006, 16:06
Other than team WIMA trying to get my attention when I had pulled up with a bunch of guys on sportsbikes
Ha ha I've had that happen to me too - put me right off WIMA when they started getting snotty cos I preferred to ride with blokes than with them.

No one needs to question my sexuality because I ride a bike - rather, they should be wondering how sexual I'm feeling when riding!!!!:devil2:

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 16:11
Never trust a girl with a v twin, and that funny smile...
Desire maybe, but trust... no ;)

My mum decided to tell me and some mates (moons ago) why she liked Harleys... That was a disturbingly graphic conversation...

TerminalAddict
18th September 2006, 16:13
There's going to be hell to pay when Honda find out Suzuki have been rebadging their bikes then...

the honda RF900 is the gheyest bike ever !!!

Panther
18th September 2006, 16:19
Never trust a girl with a v twin, and that funny smile...
Desire maybe, but trust... no ;)

My mum decided to tell me and some mates (moons ago) why she liked Harleys... That was a disturbingly graphic conversation...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, don't think about ur mum like tht!

Panther
18th September 2006, 16:22
but hey maybe that would be a good idea for a new thread....!

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 16:27
Good Heavens woman!!
If you had seen my Mum you would know that wasn't an option!!
I was mixing the idea of riff raff (SV 650) with disturbing memories!

ManDownUnder
18th September 2006, 16:29
the honda RF900 is the gheyest bike ever !!!

I'm finding it hard to fault your logic... I guess I need to find it first?

Colapop
18th September 2006, 16:31
I've always found my Yamaha RF to be a bit ghey...

Riff Raff
18th September 2006, 16:31
I was mixing the idea of riff raff (SV 650) with disturbing memories!
So I disturb you, do I? Excellent!

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 16:34
So I disturb you, do I? Excellent!

This foot is going to need surgical removal from either my mouth or my arse...
No, you are a picture of wonderfullness, and my ineffectual innuendo about grills on v twins has simply opened a can of worms...

(its disturbing that you can probably wheely better than me, but meh, I can live with that)

Riff Raff
18th September 2006, 16:39
No, you are a picture of wonderfullness, and my ineffectual innuendo about grills on v twins has simply opened a can of worms...

I'm a modern girl - no grill on my bike. If my man wants someone to cook him some eggs, he has to do it himself!

kickingzebra
18th September 2006, 16:40
But you are quite capable of changing your own batteries of course... at least the ones on cowpoos fly swat :) LOL

Edbear
18th September 2006, 19:57
Yup, its still the person sitting on the bikes core character that will determine their actions....

Yep! My bike's got a core character, too...:sunny:

Ruralman
18th September 2006, 21:24
Been reading this thread with interest. I think it comes down to the thing we have in common and why - an interest in riding bikes because of the sense of freedom and exhileration etc that comes with that, and our acceptance of the risks involved combined with the things we do to manage those risks.
That is part of our character and it is something about us that many find attractive, some find puzzling, some find intriguing and want to pester us to know more. It is also something that some are very jealous or envious of because they either haven't got the balls to get out and do, or their stage of life means its something they have put on hold or can't afford.
So we can be both attractive and envied which means that all sorts, gay, straight and whatever else is out there, will like the look of a chick on a bike, and the envious ones will use put downs and stereo types to cover their feeble excuses for not getting out there and living.

alley cat
19th September 2006, 13:22
Fuck the labeling.
Forget the bad hair, theres no shoe or handbag hotter than a hard ridden bike and an exausted smile!
:whocares:

Rashika
19th September 2006, 14:41
you've been quiet for a bit Skirtster girl... are ya back now?

ManDownUnder
19th September 2006, 15:00
Fuck the labeling.
Forget the bad hair, theres no shoe or handbag hotter than a hard ridden bike and an exausted smile!
:whocares:

:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

buellbabe
19th September 2006, 15:06
theres no shoe... hotter than a hard ridden bike and an exausted smile!
:

oh I dunno about that... sexy boots... AND a hard ridden bike!:yes: :yes: :yes:

alley cat
19th September 2006, 15:21
Yeah m8.
Back in black!
Always keen to ride 2, so if your heading out dont be a stranger!
Im not sure how the pm thing goes but im doing my research.

Rashika
19th September 2006, 15:59
If you look up top right corner, just below your name it says private messages, click on that and a new screen will come up showing you your messages. You can send poeple a message, bit like an email and they can send you back.

Also if you right click (?I think...I'm on a mac) on the name, (or click and hold on a mac) on the name of the person (next to the message they wrote), it will bring up a drop down box and you can PM them that way too, and see a few other things they may have done as well.

have fun! :sunny:

ManDownUnder
19th September 2006, 16:01
oh I dunno about that... sexy boots... AND a hard ridden bloke!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Hard to argue with that... :whistle:

buellbabe
20th September 2006, 06:31
LOL! For a moment there I thought I'd made a 'Freudian slip'...
MDU, you are naughty!
I like that in a person...
he he he

Beemer
21st September 2006, 15:50
Yup, get it quite often from non-motorcyclists. "Oh, so you're a dyke?" - funny how they don't say that when I'm with my husband! It's almost like they take one look at me, think "there's no way that chick would be interested in me because she obviously has an interesting life" and therefore they decide I must be a lesbian and it doesn't matter that they are boring, ugly individuals, THAT is why I don't fancy them!

Hell, I'm happily married and wouldn't be interested even if I drove a Viva and wore twin sets and pearls!

Even my brother, who was a motorcyclist for many years himself, told my mother he thought I was a lesbian! After she snorted coffee down her nostrils she said "whatever gave you that idea?" To which he replied "well, look at her. She has her hair cut short, she rides a motorcycle and she wears Doc Martens!" I told a mate that and he slapped his forehead and said "shit, I have short hair, I ride a motorcycle and I wear Doc Martens - all these years I've been a lesbian and I never knew it! How could I be so blind, I even fancy women!"

It used to bother me, not because I am anti-gays, but because I hate people making assumptions about me. Now I just laugh and say "if you were the only alternative mate, I'd have to be a lesbian!"

LilSel
21st September 2006, 16:45
Now I just laugh and say "if you were the only alternative mate, I'd have to be a lesbian!"

hahaha :niceone:

Good on ya!!!

bert_is_evil
21st September 2006, 17:07
Dammit! Will someone change the name of this thread, I keep getting drawn back to it....

LilSel
21st September 2006, 17:13
Dammit! Will someone change the name of this thread, I keep getting drawn back to it....

hahaha... same here!!!
:whistle:

Insanity_rules
22nd September 2006, 11:22
Oh yeah, nothing hotter than a womam who can ride and ride well. I ride a lot with my mate Serena and she cops it a bit. She's a pretty competitive rider and when its all on she's a real challenge to keep up with.

I think people who say biker chicks are lesbians are just jealous (Not that theres anything wrong with being lesbian).

I'm teaching my wife to ride over summer and can't wait till we can hit the streets together.

Aitch
22nd September 2006, 13:40
Perhaps I should have spelled it with an aitch.

Leave me out of this!

GN1NiteStnd
5th October 2006, 12:22
The problem I get is not that people think I'm a lessie or bi, is that they think I'm a MAN! With my boots, leathers, helmet, gloves, nothing about this atire allows people to even think that I may be female, As well as people assuming that all bikers must be male. I've had young drunk chicks waving out to me while standing on a corner, I was on my way home from work on Friday night. I just wanted to run them over, but I didnt want to wreck my bike.

placidfemme
5th October 2006, 12:27
The problem I get is not that people think I'm a lessie or bi, is that they think I'm a MAN! With my boots, leathers, helmet, gloves, nothing about this atire allows people to even think that I may be female, As well as people assuming that all bikers must be male. I've had young drunk chicks waving out to me while standing on a corner, I was on my way home from work on Friday night. I just wanted to run them over, but I didnt want to wreck my bike.

how you doing? (said in a Joey way) lol just joking... don't worry about what people think about you...

GN1NiteStnd
5th October 2006, 12:32
how you doing? (said in a Joey way) lol just joking... don't worry about what people think about you...

Yeah i thought of getting something pink, like a pink jacket or helmet, but then they would think i'm a gay man. lose-lose situation here, I'd rather be a man.

LilSel
5th October 2006, 12:49
I'd rather be a man.

:laugh: join the club!!

McJim
5th October 2006, 13:12
Rather be a man?!?

Shorter lifespan, lower EQ, uglier and having to shave yer face every day?

Yaz are daft and yaz are all fine the way you are - enjoy yersel's.

LilSel -need to arrange a time to get that vid from your phone - I keep forgetting.

Motu
5th October 2006, 13:39
The problem I get is not that people think I'm a lessie or bi, is that they think I'm a MAN! With my boots, leathers, helmet, gloves, nothing about this atire allows people to even think that I may be female, .

I used to be small and petite,with long hair and unable to grow face hair well into adult hood - jeez,how I wished someone would think I was a man!

Rashika
5th October 2006, 14:19
Yeah i thought of getting something pink, like a pink jacket or helmet, but then they would think i'm a gay man. lose-lose situation here, I'd rather be a man.

I'm sure i probably get a few funny looks cos i often have my shoulderbag/handbag slung over my shoulder and back :lol:
Must be wondering what sort of bloke carries a handbag!

LilSel
5th October 2006, 14:48
I have 'Bad Bitch' decals on the back of my bike...
Smile to myself after leaving hoodied boy racers behind (Even on the ZZR...) 'bet you feel cool after been showed up by a girl' :lol:

mstriumph
5th October 2006, 15:18
Originally Posted by GN1NiteStnd
I'd rather be a man.

:laugh: join the club!!

.............. hell no - it's MUCH more fun being female :love:

LilSel
5th October 2006, 15:19
.............. hell no - it's MUCH more fun being female :love:

This is true... but it would be so much easier to meet women lol :D

GN1NiteStnd
6th October 2006, 09:20
Rather be a man?!?

Shorter lifespan, lower EQ, uglier and having to shave yer face every day?

Better than being a gay man!
Theyre all the above, as well as having to shave your legs, armpits. As well as having no arse or boobs, now that isnt right! Thats like the worst of both worlds.

placidfemme
6th October 2006, 09:26
Better than being a gay man!
Theyre all the above, as well as having to shave your legs, armpits. As well as having no arse or boobs, now that isnt right! Thats like the worst of both worlds.

Well actually... while your dissing something you proberly know nothing about...

Gay men on average are richer than straigth men, due to great networking and work ethics.

Not all gay men shave... you get different types... and those that do... actually wax... which is easier and doesn't require it so often.

Gay men actually live long full lives (Unless they get AID's) due to the fact that they are so anal about thier bodies and being "hot" that they spend a lot of time toning up and getting fit...

Most gay men I've meet have had sexier bodies then your average straight man...

In my opinion...

the worst of both worlds is actually the infliction of "Narrow-mindedness"

*walks away*

GN1NiteStnd
6th October 2006, 09:41
Well yes, When I wrote that I wasnt thinking about the 'Queer eye' type of gay man, I was just thinking of the type that is typically represented on commercials such as the snickers ones. I understand that they dont all fit neatly into these two categories, just as bikers arent all male. I dont aspire to be a man in any respects, and am happy how I am, I just wish that I didn't have to hide under the disgise of the typical male bike, and so allow everyone to get to know who I am without the assumptions.
Didnt mean to affend!

KATWYN
6th October 2006, 11:16
Gay men on average are richer than straigth men, due to great networking and work ethics.

Arr yes the mighty pink dollar. Great for the economy :stoogie:

NighthawkNZ
17th October 2006, 18:24

butch???? I think biker chicks are hot :love:

Skyryder
17th October 2006, 20:48

Nobody.

Happy yes but not gay.

Skyryder

mstriumph
27th October 2006, 16:31
I blame the electric starter. Or the Welch. I su[[ose the rot set in when they began fitting auto-advance units.

my trumpy had a kick start
i was just too bloody-minded to care :innocent:

Roj
1st November 2006, 10:29

My wife has been riding bikes since her teens, she still only has a learner license for a car, her opinion is that's my job to drive, she was recently involved in a serious accident, initially people on the scene thought she was a guy, they assumed this because she was on a big bike (bandit 600), it wasn't untill they were assisting her that they realised differently, as for the hair, she has very long hair and wears it in a plait when riding.

She has usually found that when a guy reliases she is female the respect goes up a notch and seems to be a turn on in some cases, but I am biased, I like women on bikes..

Balding Eagle
10th December 2006, 18:41
If people think you are not straight because you ride a bike, then that is their problem primarily because that shows their lack of perception. Having been on the RRRS course with you at Whenuapai, Sallo, I am very sure that you are normal. (Bet that gets a few responses.) In the reality of life, I find that you are far better to judge people on what they say and what they do. Have too many preconceptions based on appearance and you will soon be proved very wrong.

Relax and don't worry about those who are not perceptive. They are not worth knowing anyway. If they get it wrong, who cares! It is their loss.

Take care and enjoy the riding.

scracha
10th December 2006, 18:43

Oh I'm sorry. I just saw a thread listed on the main board that said "chicks on chicks" and got some stereotypical view in my head.

vixter
10th December 2006, 18:57

i never heard that one girl but im from the uk and never been sterotyped in any way or that i know of!!

Panther
10th December 2006, 20:08
Oh I'm sorry. I just saw a thread listed on the main board that said "chicks on chicks" and got some stereotypical view in my head.

yeah i was sh*t stirring with that one!

Disco Dan
10th December 2006, 20:20
ITS ALIVE! ! !

hello ladies... :innocent:

I think its hard to portray the image of feminity when you ride bikes... but, it is possible and i have met several luvly gals from KB (hey sallo, hey kitty)that are more 'woman' than some gals ive seen in hair salons and nail shops!

But if you wanna be a 'butch' gal, then bikes can def give you that image... its what you do with the 'biker image' that dictates whether people view you as 'butch' or 'feminine'.

Ladies, dont eat me alive here.. im just expressing my opinion!

Oh crap... just remembered you put "biker angles only" at start of the thread... dam.. meh...

...realising people think Im a perv... embarressing.
...finding out ive typed all this and im not meant to post... dumbarse.
...realising this makes me an angel... priceless.

*puts visa card away*

KATWYN
10th December 2006, 20:40
ITS ALIVE! ! !

portray the image of feminity

"The image" ? :laugh: ....Now thats priceless.

Panther
10th December 2006, 21:45
yeah whats this image?
what are you meaning womanly?
and what r u doing pm-ing me apologising for posting in my thread?
does that mean you know u r gonna get the learn if i ever see you?

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 21:48
What a great thread!
Hey when are we going for that ride Sallo. You promised. :p

Panther
10th December 2006, 21:56
who the hell are you?

Panther
10th December 2006, 21:57
and wats with the incubus obsession

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 21:59
Im crazy. No really!

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 22:00

It's catchy look out.

bugjuice
10th December 2006, 22:01
I'm just here for the title.. :o

Panther
10th December 2006, 22:01
i prefer science, its funky. um i seriously dnt think i promised u a ride.

Panther
10th December 2006, 22:02
I'm just here for the title.. :o

hey get out of biker angels

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 22:03

and your obsession with Norwegian bands?

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 22:04
i prefer science, its funky. um i seriously dnt think i promised u a ride.

Yeah I know, I was refering to a previous thread. Can't remember where it was. You challenged me, the Palmerston North hick :D

bugjuice
10th December 2006, 22:06
hey get out of biker angels
that sounds so wrong and so right on so many levels..

Panther
10th December 2006, 22:07
oh yeah, vauge memories, i had the pleasure of spending friday night in levin, there was a fight outside the pub as i went past, its so depressing being home without my bike....and acturus is not only awsome but its namesake will be cruising auckland streets anytime soon....and is the hottest bike ive seen in a while.

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 22:08
Levin your hometown?

Panther
10th December 2006, 22:13
yep
white and proud...or is it fat and proud

yep
white and proud...or is it fat and proud

I thought it was boring nowheres ville and proud?

Panther
10th December 2006, 22:20
you took your time

I'm sorry, am I late?

sugilite
10th December 2006, 23:40
I've always been fascinated with women who ride bikes. I find they are on the whole, freedom loving, courageous go getters creating their own reality in this image driven world we live in.
I find those traits attractive in the fairer sex and have never viewed women who ride as being butch by default and don't give a flying shit if they are. A rider is a rider and they have my respect no matter what their sexual orientation is.

As an aside, most women I know who ride are better than most blokes at it. I feel the only reason women do not excel at the very top level of Super bikes and MotoGP is due to physical limitations, It's certainly not due to a lack of skill or courage. The current NZ 250 GP class champion is a woman :yes:

buellbabe
11th December 2006, 06:14
I'm sure i probably get a few funny looks cos i often have my shoulderbag/handbag slung over my shoulder and back :lol:
Must be wondering what sort of bloke carries a handbag!

ha ha ha...made me think about me and a mate of mine riding...we are both girly girls who never leave home without our lippy on and when riding we both have a girly back-bag... when we pass other bikes they KNOW they have just been passed by 2 chicks hahahahaha

Rashika
11th December 2006, 07:31
As an aside, most women I know who ride are better than most blokes at it. I feel the only reason women do not excel at the very top level of Super bikes and MotoGP is due to physical limitations, It's certainly not due to a lack of skill or courage. The current NZ 250 GP class champion is a woman :yes:

yup, and she is a damn cool chick! Spoke to her at a meet earlier this year... and she asked ME?? if i was going up to Nelson st races.... OMG I thought! Little wee me entering something like THAT? Unlikely...
But I am... and I reckon she would have a lot to do with it... If she can I can! Ok so maybe not to WIN anything, but just to get out there and do it eh?! :Punk:

The Stranger
14th December 2006, 08:11
I think its hard to portray the image of feminity when you ride bikes... but, it is possible and i have met several luvly gals from KB (hey sallo, hey kitty)that are more 'woman' than some gals ive seen in hair salons and nail shops!

So you're a hairdresser then, or maybe a manicurist?

buellbabe
14th December 2006, 08:24

You need to get out more...LOL! I personally don't know ANY butch women. I have quite a few chick mates that ride and there ain't NO mistaking them for blokes!

So you're a hairdresser then, or maybe a manicurist?

Nah, he's just gay.

Biker chicks are cool... but I'm seeing a market that's not being catered to, think of it, leather skirts, and leather suspenders, leather stockings and leather corsets. Oh what a day that'd be.

buellbabe
14th December 2006, 09:59
hahaha... just check out a Harley Rally...

socialites
21st December 2006, 07:27
Yep..can vouch for the fact that Buellbabe is very much a girly girl...no butchness there.......a damn fine specimen infact.....lol

Grantasaurus
21st December 2006, 17:16
I've always been fascinated with women who ride bikes. I find they are on the whole, freedom loving, courageous go getters creating their own reality in this image driven world we live in.
I find those traits attractive in the fairer sex and have never viewed women who ride as being butch by default and don't give a flying shit if they are. A rider is a rider and they have my respect no matter what their sexual orientation is.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I ride a bike for the very same reasons, and greatly respect anyone who does the same, male or female.
Its hard to find a girl who likes bikes, let alone rides one though.

My ex was definitely in the hate bikes category... haha
Thought they were death rockets...

hahaha... just check out a Harley Rally...

Ok, I'll pick you up on Saturday ;)