PDA

View Full Version : Trade Me Super Sellers!

Genesismatrix
17th September 2006, 18:07
We have all seen them.... TradeMe sellers with a huge number of products to sell for cheep rates, Ive been just been looking arround trademe and there seems to be heeps of people doing it.... all making money for surfing the net....

So how is it done? who are the suppliers? What are the good products to sell?

Im assuming they just by a shit load wholesale from a supplier and mark the price up and on sell to us..

So what im really asking is..... Is there anyone out there that makes money on auction sites... and whats to tell us how they do it.

andrea
17th September 2006, 19:00
We have all seen them.... TradeMe sellers with a huge number of products to sell for cheep rates, Ive been just been looking arround trademe and there seems to be heeps of people doing it.... all making money for surfing the net....

So how is it done? who are the suppliers? What are the good products to sell?

Im assuming they just by a shit load wholesale from a supplier and mark the price up and on sell to us..

So what im really asking is..... Is there anyone out there that makes money on auction sites... and whats to tell us how they do it.

one of the ex's friends used to buy computors off trade me and he used to bring them around and fix them up and then sell them back on trade me for a higher price.

Sketchy_Racer
17th September 2006, 19:02
I buy bikes

Fix them and sell em!

Beemer
17th September 2006, 22:13
I drink beer, find Steve Irwin questions and sell the cap!

Seriously though, I've sold my old digital camera (but then saw one go for more than $150 more a week or so later - doh!), flash unit, wedding shoes, an old pair of boots, and now I've got heaps of crap I no longer want listed for sale. I'm absolutely amazed at the stuff that sells - old joke books, old shoes - and I've managed to score nearly all Ian Rankin's books for less than half price.

Clothes don't seem to go too well unless they are the latest fashion, but Tupperware (even used stuff), books, camera equipment and jewellery does well.

I've heard that some people do the rounds of the garage and car boot sales and get stuff really cheap then flog it off on Trade Me, but I prefer to flog off stuff I already own and no longer want!

Highlander
17th September 2006, 22:19
I've seen a number of things sell on Trade Me for more than retail easy profits when there are people buying stuff off trade me and paying a premium to do it.

Clothes don't seem to go too well unless they are the latest fashion, but Tupperware (even used stuff), books, camera equipment and jewellery does well.

Who do you think the number 1 users of trade me are? Students.

I swear, if it was legal to sell weed and crisps on TradeMe I'd be an instant millionaire.

Beemer
18th September 2006, 15:16
I am amazed at the prices people will pay for things they could probably buy cheaper in the shops! I just wish it was easier to sort through - there doesn't seem to be a system for listing things so you could have a book listed under the author's first name or last name or the book title or even "you must check this out!!!" so it's a pain when you're looking for something in particular.

placidfemme
18th September 2006, 15:34
I am amazed at the prices people will pay for things they could probably buy cheaper in the shops! I just wish it was easier to sort through - there doesn't seem to be a system for listing things so you could have a book listed under the author's first name or last name or the book title or even "you must check this out!!!" so it's a pain when you're looking for something in particular.

I think one of the main reasons why they pay more on turdme is because they get hooked on the "bidding" and "I must win" state of mind...

The Pastor
18th September 2006, 17:14
there was a website, posted on kb a while ago, that listed suppliers for everything. And I do mean everything. You can get those sneaker-skates with the wheels in them to cruise missiles from korea. No shit.

I wanted to buy an aircraft carrier but I didnt have 250 million. (no vustoms this is not an aircraft carrier, its a cruise ship.....)