PDA

View Full Version : Britten in GP500??

onearmedbandit
23rd June 2004, 19:54
Okay, kind of misleading thread title! But for those of you who own GP500 for the PC (and those that don't, I suggest you get a copy - one of the best m/c games ever) there is a download to give you the Britten and Ducati Superbikes. Graphics are incredible, easily recognizable.

However thats not all, at the same site is d/l's for almost every bike series including all the MotoGP years, GP500 era from early 80's thru to the last season. WSB series, 125cc, 250cc, Powerbike series, even BMW Boxer cup! Also included are skins for road bikes including CBR1000RR and R1 etc. You can d/l complete bike sets or individual, there are sound updates (nothing, but nothing beats the sound of the RC211v 04 Honda on overrun - incredible), track updates etc. Makes this the best m/c on PC, without doubt.

Check it all out at http://www.gp500store.oteracing.net/

wkid_one
23rd June 2004, 20:41
I second all that - only prob is there are NO servers on which to play it online

Motoracer
23rd June 2004, 20:50
I'll get it if I see it on T&E or something then... Are there any similar downloads available for MotoGP2? I haven't played that in ages but if I had new bikes to look at, I might go back and have a play.

wkid_one
23rd June 2004, 21:00
'Someone' might have a 'backup' MR - you should 'ask' around

If we ask nicely - Spank might even host a server up?

Motoracer
23rd June 2004, 21:13
Can anyone who's able to acquire a "back up" CD of GP500 please PM me. I'll be very grateful and will pay for the troubles.

k14
23rd June 2004, 21:15
Yeah I have heard really good things about that game. Must try and track it down.

What about the tracks?? Does it have all the ones currently used??

onearmedbandit
23rd June 2004, 22:00
Just had a serious go with the Britten, gotta say with the TV-like replay its awesome watching the bike blasting around GP tracks! On the subject of tracks, they are from the 99 season. Unfortunately they can't introduce new tracks yet as the drone bikes are programmed to folow a basic map. You therefore would need to alter that 'map'. However if your PC is up to it there are track updates that include new stadiums and track detail.