Bartman10
18th September 2006, 10:36
1999 SV650S X

Bright red

Approx 27,000 ks

Carburetted model
Brand new WOF
3 Months Registration.

Im selling on behalf of Jane (fraggle on KB).

She bought it from Wellington Motorcycles Feb 2005 and used it mostly for weekend riding with a 2 week tour of the South Island at Christmas last year.

Great condition all round. No damage to fairings.

One of the best handling middle-weight sports-tourers available.

Well maintained with regular oil and filter changes.

Recent brake fluid change and new, high quality, SBS brake pads fitted on the front.

The tyres are Pirelli Diablos, with plenty of tread both front and rear (see photos).

Aftermarket parts:
Arrow carbon fibre exhaust for a great V-twin sound.
High rise lightly tinted screen (fairing blade)

Included:
Original screen.
Original exhaust.

Inspection and test rides welcome, provided you're serious.

PM me for more.

I've put $7000 but it's also on trademe, so it might end up going for more. You better get in quick.

Cheers.

skelstar
18th September 2006, 12:55
Is she upgrading mate?

Maverick
18th September 2006, 13:25
I like it, too bad I wont have my full licence till Xmas time

SpankMe
18th September 2006, 14:27
A great bike and in the best color any SV has been produced in. Can't say enough good things about the first SV650.

Bartman10
18th September 2006, 14:28
Is she upgrading mate?

Yep.

I guess TNR will be starting agian soon.

Went for a great ride on Sat. I've been a bit quite on the old KB front, but it would be great to catch up agian soon.

Are you still over the road at Rafter?

Cheers.

skelstar
18th September 2006, 15:17
Yeah mate. Breakers on Thurs night anyway...good number of folk come along (when theres no motoGP trips on). 8pm onwards. Good to catch up.

adiddy
19th September 2006, 12:08
what do these go like?
im not too sure about it however it does look rather nice, considering i usually like a full fairing

Bartman10
19th September 2006, 13:24
what do these go like?
im not too sure about it however it does look rather nice, considering i usually like a full fairing

There's a lot of info on the 'net about them eg.

http://www.westernaspect.com/sv650s.htm

etc. Do a google search for SV650S review and you'll get more info.

They're a great all round intermediate level bike. Cheap to insure and run etc. The engines are pretty tough and they handle very well. They're a popular F3 machine in the club racing circuit. Capable of more than twice the legal speed limit.

Being a V-twin they're a bit easier to ride than a four cylinder job when upgrading from a learners bike. A bit more forgiving etc, while still plenty fast enough.

You can get faring lowers for them if you want.

Do some reading on the internet and see if the write-ups match your style of riding.

Cheers
Bartman.

adiddy
21st September 2006, 08:47
id be going from a 250 1988 lol...
id like something with alot of go and quick response when needed - would need to be forgiving as I am a learner

Bartman10
21st September 2006, 08:53
id be going from a 250 1988 lol...
id like something with alot of go and quick response when needed - would need to be forgiving as I am a learner

You could get down to one of your local shops and try one out.

Being a twin they do have plenty of low donw grunt, so if you find yourself in the wrong gear or something they'll be a lot more forgiving than a 4 cyl. Eg GSXR600 etc.

I think these bikes are a great step up from learners class. Easy to handle, reliable, fairly light and forgiving.

Anyone else like to comment? Cheers, Bartman :beer:

skelstar
21st September 2006, 09:32
I bought a 2005 CB900F (Hornet) from a Hyosung 250GT...that transition was uber-easy as I respected the throttle heaps and eased my way into it. The SV650 would have been easier than that again. The big bike leap shouldnt be dangerous if you have a level-head.

SV650's can boogie. Just ask Keystone19, GarryH, or FROSTY (esp FROSTY). GSXR600's are awesome bikes, but Im not sure they are as easy to upgrade from a 250.

adiddy
21st September 2006, 11:19
thanks i needed to know that!!
i was gonna have a look at a gsxr600 and a zxr-6r also cbr600rr
lol i cant test ride a 650 though i only gotta learners ... mite just have to wait

skelstar
21st September 2006, 11:56
I should point out, as I deplore misinformation, that I havent ridden either of the above mentioned models extensively (except Hornet)...perhaps a more balanced opinion should be sought. :)

Keystone19
21st September 2006, 12:35
I should point out, as I deplore misinformation, that I havent ridden either of the above mentioned models extensively (except Hornet)...perhaps a more balanced opinion should be sought. :)

lol.

The SV650 is an excellent stepping stone from a 250. It has a forgiving powerband so if you screw up you are likely to get away with it. Having said that, it has the torque of the VTwin and ridden well will certainly give the 600s a run for their money - in fact it has been known to outride the odd 600 in the twisty's...:whistle:

Mind is also up for grabs if anyone is interested. Do a search for SV650S on trade me. It's the bronze one. One careful lady owner...

And before you ask I am in no hurry to sell and if I do sell will possibly be getting another one, just slightly newer.

Can't post the link as I can't access trade me at work.

Bartman10
22nd September 2006, 16:01
Sold.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup