PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of power my ass

BNZ
19th September 2006, 08:04
This guy sounds like a right fuckwit. Fucken thrilled the cops gave him a rattle.
:done:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10401921

Squeak the Rat
19th September 2006, 08:34
Wasn't the cleverest thing to do. But it's obviously a serious offence that demands prompt attention so I'll make sure I call 111 next time some one flips me the bird. I'm sure the cops'll turn up just as quick as in this case, big crime and all.

McJim
19th September 2006, 08:44
No.

It was a waste of money and resource.

Hahah... noob police

bobsmith
19th September 2006, 08:59
That's what I call the FUCKING pigs wasting my FUCKING tax payer's money.

oh and bloody abusing power is EXACTLY what that is... No wonder with attitude like that this is a fucking piggy state.

SARGE
19th September 2006, 09:00
shit .. i must be a felon.. i pretty much walk around like that

Skyryder
19th September 2006, 19:14
Wasn't Ron Mark by any chance?:yeah: He's got a penchant for this :finger: sort of thing.

Skyryder

Crisis management
19th September 2006, 19:22
No, I think the police had it right that time, giving the eagle the finger at its home heliport is the same as walking into a police station and giving them the finger. He was a wanker showing off to his girlfriend / wife, he got exactly what he deserved.

The best part of eating at Mikano's is watching the helicopters anyway (except for the food).

WarlockNZ
19th September 2006, 19:32
No, I think the police had it right that time, giving the eagle the finger at its home heliport is the same as walking into a police station and giving them the finger. He was a wanker showing off to his girlfriend / wife, he got exactly what he deserved.

The best part of eating at Mikano's is watching the helicopters anyway (except for the food).

I'm going to have to agree, you don't walk into a gang pad and piss on the floor do you, pretty much the same thing and yeah, the food is crap, lol.

Sure the cops should be out there stopping crime and yes, strange things happen to a guy/girl's head when they put on the blues, but shit, what did the guy expect, I just hope the woman he was eating with dumps his loser ass and starts dating a KB'er , that'll learn him .. ha ha

John Banks
19th September 2006, 19:35
People need to realise there are consequences for being a dick. He's lucky he didn't get the bash.

BNZ
19th September 2006, 19:59

oh and bloody abusing power is EXACTLY what that is... No wonder with attitude like that this is a fucking piggy state.

You werent the tosser showing off to your missus where you?

SwanTiger
19th September 2006, 20:04
The Police should of fined him to recoup the money for the time it took to go and put the guy in his place.

Phils Motorcycles
19th September 2006, 20:53
He didn't get tazered. Or batoned. He should count himself lucky.

Skyryder
19th September 2006, 21:14
If we reacted to the finger in the same manner as the police the first thing they would be saying is why did you get out of the car or in this site why did you kick in the mirrow. The man was eating his dinner with his wife. There was no crime nor was any law broken. Someones ego was put out of kilter and with the power of the uniform abused on a member of the public.

This is another piece of hypocryitical bullshit. Shit did I write that. Where's the capslock Winj.

Skyryder

The Pastor
19th September 2006, 21:44

Calm down, helen stole 800k its not as if a warning from a cop is going to waste any way near half as much.

John Banks
19th September 2006, 22:26
If we reacted to the finger in the same manner as the police the first thing they would be saying is why did you get out of the car or in this site why did you kick in the mirrow. The man was eating his dinner with his wife. There was no crime nor was any law broken. Someones ego was put out of kilter and with the power of the uniform abused on a member of the public.

If you give the finger to a member of the public, you can expect either a telling off or a kick in the face. No real difference there, except the police are far less likely to kick you in the face.

They'll be pepper spraying instead.

bobsmith
19th September 2006, 23:09
You werent the tosser showing off to your missus where you?

Unfortunately no, because I wouldn't be getting out of the restaurant with a fucking pig. If they want to say something, they can say it right there and if they want me to move, they can arrest me. Hehe, should be funny to see my girlfriend having a go at the fucking pigs for disturbing us.

McJim
19th September 2006, 23:44
Has anyone thought perhaps the helicopter pilot showed the restaurant diner the finger first?

We always get only half the story.

And why was the helicopter pilot not watching where he was going instead of paying attention to a finger?

If it was a passenger then why was he not looking for genuine crime?

Could it be they were abusing their position to get a peek up the guy's girlfriend's skirt and he spotted them?

Could the bloke in the restaurant have been using the gesture in the friendly and amusing way that I do (see profile)?

Until we know the answers to these questions all we can do is assume that it has been a waste of money since no crime per se has been committed - I have done this already and the police force have slipped yet another notch in my estimation.

P.S. I came to this country 2 years ago with a very high opinion of police forces around the world - this is rapidly getting eroded. Will need to have a serious discussion with the missus (I want to leave she wants to stay) if we can get to another country maybe my faith can be restored.....sigh....

SwanTiger
19th September 2006, 23:51
I don't really understand why people see it as an abuse of Police powers, it isn't as if they exercised any of their powers, they simply spoke to the man about the matter.

So the question is, what would you do if a complete stranger pulled the fingers at you?

The last time someone did that to me they're head kept on walking into my boot. I don't imagine any of you would take kindly to having that sort of gesture directed at you.

McJim
20th September 2006, 00:04
I know some great big bastards back home that do it all the time with no consequence.

Seriously though - if you're weiner is so small that you feel obliged to give someone a kicking for flicking you the bird - go get some 'make it grow big' cream, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

SwanTiger
20th September 2006, 00:12
I know some great big bastards back home that do it all the time with no consequence.

Seriously though - if you're weiner is so small that you feel obliged to give someone a kicking for flicking you the bird - go get some 'make it grow big' cream, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
There was more to the story (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=32442) than is said above.

Various situations obviously require different responses, if you are in a pub and someone in jest pulls the fingers with a grin or a sarcastic face it is fairly obvious. If you are about to take off in a Helicopter and someone pulls the fingers at you then going and talking to that person about it is not overkill nor does it have anything to do with the size of ones penis.

I'm not trying to support the Police or anything like that, I am defending the rights of those Police members as individuals to respond to such gestures. They are human.

Seriously though - if you're weiner is so small that you feel obliged to give someone a kicking for flicking you the bird

And we're back to the police...

Begs the question, does being a police officer make you a dick or do only dicks become officers?

I'm all for giving coppers a fair chance, but several things have happened recently which has completely eroded any goodwill I may have had towards them.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 06:56
I'm not trying to support the Police or anything like that, I am defending the rights of those Police members as individuals to respond to such gestures. They are human.

Bullshit. Any ordinary member of the public couldn't do what the cop did. When they abuse the powers they have they are NOT members of the public.
More fool the guy who went along with the cop. He should have told him to make love elsewhere and stop ruining his lunch.
It's just like the pricks who thought they could wander around inside AMPS questioning gang members (and other cutomers)

Crisis management
20th September 2006, 07:20
Sorry guys, I have worked alongside these guys a number of times and they have my respect, sure, like all of us they make mistakes but I feel talking to someone for giving you the finger is a reasonable response.
Last time a "gentleman" in his new BMW gave me the finger I stopped him at the lights and talked to him, I mean this literally, it was a civilised conversation and although he didn't apologise his passengers looked embarassed. That was good enough for me.

Edbear
20th September 2006, 07:30
He didn't get tazered. Or batoned. He should count himself lucky.

Hey, anyone notice we have another newby? Welcome to the site. Lived in Morrinsville for nearly ten years, 1990 - 99. Very convenient town and a nice place. How's biz?

Sorry, back on topic again!

scumdog
20th September 2006, 09:04
Ah get over it you lot!!

Somebody 'flips me the bird'?

I flip it back.

You know what? A majority say "you're a cop, you can't do that"

"Bad luck, I just did"

spudchucka
20th September 2006, 09:11
It's just like the pricks who thought they could wander around inside AMPS questioning gang members (and other cutomers)

Whats wrong with that? Did you ask them to leave, the cops I mean? There are no rules of engagement that say the cops can only question gang members in place A, B or C but not place AMPS.

Patrick
20th September 2006, 09:29
Ah get over it you lot!!

I flip it back.

"Bad luck, I just did"

"Bad luck, I just did it... now fuck off!" works for me..

Just like when they call you every name under the sun, and boy do they go off when you say, "What a tosser..."

Patrick
20th September 2006, 09:30
It's just like the pricks who thought they could wander around inside AMPS questioning gang members

Nah, just improving the AMPS image by showing up there... the gang boys were about to launder drug money to pay your wages.

Lias
20th September 2006, 09:49
When anyone can be warned by the police for giving the finger its a sad world we live in.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech. Oh thats right we never had it in NZ :(

Patrick
20th September 2006, 10:02
[QUOTE=McJim;759167]Has anyone thought perhaps the helicopter pilot showed the restaurant diner the finger first?

Yep they do that a lot.

We always get only half the story.

Yep, the anti cop half...

And why was the helicopter pilot not watching where he was going instead of paying attention to a finger?

He was...he wouldn't see the finger, I'm sure.

If it was a passenger then why was he not looking for genuine crime?

He did... there was none occurring on the helipad, so he had a look around to see a tosser flip the bird for no reason whatsoever, in front of law abiding decent citizens of New Zealand who may have been offended by his actions... the cop who went in to speak to him prevented a mass riot on his arse.

Could it be they were abusing their position to get a peek up the guy's girlfriend's skirt and he spotted them?

Could be... she needed a shave...

Could the bloke in the restaurant have been using the gesture in the friendly and amusing way that I do (see profile)?

Nah, he was being a tosser... most people wave with all fingers extended "in a friendly and amusing way." If someone walked up to you and gave you the bird for no reason, your response would be?? Hmmmm......

Until we know the answers to these questions all we can do is assume that it has been a waste of money since no crime per se has been committed -

Now you know. Offensive behaviour - could have been locked up and that would have stuffed up his "Lunch," instead he was spoken to.

I have done this already and the police force have slipped yet another notch in my estimation.

:crybaby:

P.S. I came to this country 2 years ago with a very high opinion of police forces around the world - this is rapidly getting eroded. Will need to have a serious discussion with the missus (I want to leave she wants to stay) if we can get to another country maybe my faith can be restored.....sigh....

I hear Afghanistan and Iraq have little to no Police... have fun there.

scumdog
20th September 2006, 13:21
Bit puzzled by the self proclaimed 'hard-asses' (sorry Mr H) that 'flip the bird' at cops, why do they do it?

Do they think the cop is going to be intimidated?

Do the think that all around them will think "whoaa! tough guy!!"?

Do they get 'bownie points' from fellow dickheads for each time they do it?

Do they think their woman will be impressed?

Do they think it will get them let-off whatever ticket they are potentially about to get?

Do the think it will add 2 inches to their dick? (Making it now 4 inches long)

Do the think it recompenses them for the tickets they get driving around their mates while on a Learners licence (and are too thick to get a Restricted let alone a Full licence)

Sheesh, so many unanswered questions, so many dickheads.

Squeak the Rat
20th September 2006, 13:29
For every one dickhead who flips the bird, there are 100 other sensible ones who want to (but don't). :lol:

scumdog
20th September 2006, 13:32
For every one dickhead who flips the bird, there are 100 other sensible ones who want to (but don't). :lol:

Why not? it's a free country!!:lol: :lol:

Or is it 'cos I not give you a catagory as per above??

And wot's a 'sensible' dickhead??

McJim
20th September 2006, 13:52
Nah, he was being a tosser... most people wave with all fingers extended "in a friendly and amusing way." If someone walked up to you and gave you the bird for no reason, your response would be?? Hmmmm......

To laugh it off like the rest of the civilised world....like this Muwahahahahah!
Sometimes I give a friendly wave (this really annoys them coz they then think their gesture wasn't seen properly and it pisses all over their intentions!)

People give me shit all the time - I have no recourse but my wit.

Look - even you're doing it now!....Bully :rofl:

As for the rest of it Paddy - I take it you are blissfully imune to sarcasm?:killingme:

McJim
20th September 2006, 13:55
I hear Afghanistan and Iraq have little to no Police... have fun there.

That is a sick comment.:Playnice: Glad you find mass death amusing.

Ixion
20th September 2006, 14:00
Now you know. Offensive behaviour - could have been locked up and that would have stuffed up his "Lunch," instead he was spoken to.

Yes indeed. I'm all for what the cop did. Cos now it's set a public precedent.

So the next time some boi-racer flips me the bird, I shall take his details and advise the police.

And I shall expect them to give said boi-racer a "speaking to". If not, I shall be interested to know why the police do not extend the same definition of offensive to the public as they do to themselves.

I'm very good at nagging.

Indoo
20th September 2006, 14:00
Bullshit. Any ordinary member of the public couldn't do what the cop did. When they abuse the powers they have they are NOT members of the public.
More fool the guy who went along with the cop. He should have told him to make love elsewhere and stop ruining his lunch.

Hows it an abuse of power? Guy decided to be a retard and pulled the fingers in a crowded restaurant at lunch time, he wasn't tasered, sprayed, battoned or bashed (as might happen in other countries), he was 'spoken' to and asked to tone down his behaviour. God what a horrible Police state we live in.

Its funny because if someone walked up to you and gave you the fingers and abused you right in front of a cop and the cop didn't do anything instead telling you to turn the other cheek, you would come crying right here and make a thread about how terrible and useless the Police are.

Squeak the Rat
20th September 2006, 14:07
And wot's a 'sensible' dickhead??

One who is scared of tasers!:Pokey:

ghost
20th September 2006, 14:11
Bullshit. Any ordinary member of the public couldn't do what the cop did.

What? get the finger from a knob and then go and tell them to pull there head in? Any member of the public can do that. Why should the cops have to put up with shit from fucktards, dont think thats in there job description.

A little respect is deserved for these guys, not to say some of them arn't arses but try their job for a day and you might get a glimps of the shit they have to put up with on a daily basis.

Deano
20th September 2006, 14:27
Why should the cops have to put up with shit from fucktards, dont think thats in there job description.

I heard there is case law where a judge said it is basically part of the job description. Not that I necessarily agree. Incidentally...try it on with cops in any other country and see what reaction you get...most likely the 'telephone book treatment' back in the cells.

I get the odd bit of abuse in my job....my reaction is usually to laugh at them.

Then deal to them to the letter of the law .:buggerd: (Not for flipping the bird mind, but they have usually done something illegal in the first place.)

spudchucka
20th September 2006, 14:59
I heard there is case law where a judge said it is basically part of the job description.

Not part of the job description but if a cop locks somebody up for abusive or threatening language and the only person that could have heard it was the cop then the judge will frown.

A crowded restaraunt or any busy public place is another matter. Flipping the bird is stuff all but we don't know what other behaviour the guy might have been indulging in that could also have caused offence to any of the other diners or restaurant staff. Was he flipping teh bird and yelling "Fuck the pigs" at the same time? Winja, where were you on Tuesday?

The_Dover
20th September 2006, 15:28
So did they set the helicopter down and leave the engines running "just" so that PC Piggie could go and give the guy a telling off?

What a fuckin poof, if some stranger flicks me the bird I couldn't care less. I have to go to schools thru my job but am I going to go griping to the teacher if some little coon flicks me the pipes? I doubt it. I'll probably just go home and cry because he was just so mean and hurtful.

Or I might call the pigs and have him get a good ticking off.

Tossers. I hope his tazer goes off in his pocket and he cums in his piggie print jocks.

Edit: and it definitely wasn't WINJA. Feeding him at Mikano would cost a fortune.

marty
20th September 2006, 15:33
i think you'll find that the helo buggered off and the marine base sgt or one of the boys there walked over. hardly a waste of resources. obviously the flip the bird guy wasn't actually brave enough to stand up for himself when the pressure came on. what a soft cock.

and it is offensive behaviour. in a public place. who's to say that someone in the restaurant wasn't offended?

The_Dover
20th September 2006, 15:39
i think you'll find that the helo buggered off and the marine base sgt or one of the boys there walked over. hardly a waste of resources. obviously the flip the bird guy wasn't actually brave enough to stand up for himself when the pressure came on. what a soft cock.

and it is offensive behaviour. in a public place. who's to say that someone in the restaurant wasn't offended?

Ok marty, look out for me flipping you the bird from my back garden as you fly over in the Pitts!!

I'd just be soooo offended if I saw someone flipping someone else the bird in public............................

marty
20th September 2006, 15:44
you'd be amazed what you see when you're upside down at 500ft.....

those farmers wives are just so BAD!

Squeak the Rat
20th September 2006, 15:45

From 5000ft, are you sure it's not cowpoos in drag?

marty
20th September 2006, 15:49
that's five hundred feet mate. and unless dover hides his dick like a tranny when sunbathing nude, i don't think so.....

Phils Motorcycles
20th September 2006, 15:57
Hey, anyone notice we have another newby? Welcome to the site. Lived in Morrinsville for nearly ten years, 1990 - 99. Very convenient town and a nice place. How's biz?

A not so new newbie. By day I'm a mild mannered parts guy. By night I wear my undies on the outside and perform feats of moderating that would stagger a 1 legged man. For I am Mental-Trousers!!! :banana: :banana: :2thumbsup

carver
20th September 2006, 16:04

you got to take me up sometime!

Skyryder
20th September 2006, 17:19
If you give the finger to a member of the public, you can expect either a telling off or a kick in the face. No real difference there, except the police are far less likely to kick you in the face.

They'll be pepper spraying instead.

The point I made is that the Police did not follow the advice they give the public. I make a point of not giving the finger but if someone did and they were kicked in the face I would expect the police to lay assault charges. It would be up to the Judge to determine the extent of the provocation and how that would be applied in respect to sentancing.

Skyryder

Swoop
20th September 2006, 17:28
I am Mental-Trousers!!! :banana: :banana: :2thumbsup
So you like being on peoples "ignore" lists???:spanking:

John Banks
20th September 2006, 17:37
The point I made is that the Police did not follow the advice they give the public. I make a point of not giving the finger but if someone did and they were kicked in the face I would expect the police to lay assault charges. It would be up to the Judge to determine the extent of the provocation and how that would be applied in respect to sentancing.

There is quite a difference in "What you would expect to happen" as to "What will happen".

Mental Trousers
20th September 2006, 17:48
So you like being on peoples "ignore" lists???:spanking:

What I don't know I couldn't give a shit about :cool:

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:17
Ah get over it you lot!!

I flip it back.

"Bad luck, I just did"

Now THAT would be a laugh to see.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:20
Whats wrong with that? Did you ask them to leave, the cops I mean? There are no rules of engagement that say the cops can only question gang members in place A, B or C but not place AMPS.

Do you not think it would be common courtesy to ask management?
It is private property after all.
Keep in mind that this was just a fishing expedition as well.
If I had the authority I would have told them to leave, but I'm just a mushroom.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:21
Nah, just improving the AMPS image by showing up there... the gang boys were about to launder drug money to pay your wages.

I get bloody sick of counting twenties too.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:24
Sheesh, so many unanswered questions, so many dickheads.

Sure, but people have the right to be dickheads without interference. The cop would have made him look an even bigger dickhead by just waving back.
But you need a sense of humour and a sense of proportion to do that.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:27
Hows it an abuse of power? Guy decided to be a retard and pulled the fingers in a crowded restaurant at lunch time, he wasn't tasered, sprayed, battoned or bashed (as might happen in other countries), he was 'spoken' to and asked to tone down his behaviour. God what a horrible Police state we live in.

Its funny because if someone walked up to you and gave you the fingers and abused you right in front of a cop and the cop didn't do anything instead telling you to turn the other cheek, you would come crying right here and make a thread about how terrible and useless the Police are.

He was taken outside.
And his 'behaviour' is perfectly normal these days, it doesn't need toning down.
And I don't cry, except with laughter at some of your posts.

Lou Girardin
20th September 2006, 18:30

If case law says telling a cop to fuck off isn't offensive, you'd be pushing shit uphill to get home on it for giving the finger.
Do they do sensitivity testing as part of recruitment now too.

WINJA
20th September 2006, 18:57
So did they set the helicopter down and leave the engines running "just" so that PC Piggie could go and give the guy a telling off?

What a fuckin poof, if some stranger flicks me the bird I couldn't care less. I have to go to schools thru my job but am I going to go griping to the teacher if some little coon flicks me the pipes? I doubt it. I'll probably just go home and cry because he was just so mean and hurtful.

Or I might call the pigs and have him get a good ticking off.

Tossers. I hope his tazer goes off in his pocket and he cums in his piggie print jocks.

Edit: and it definitely wasn't WINJA. Feeding him at Mikano would cost a fortune.

TELL ME ABOUT IT , I WENT TO HAMMER HEADS AND SPENT $50 JUST ON MYSELF AND STILL HAD TO GO TO BK AFTERWARDS

Skyryder
20th September 2006, 19:17
There is quite a difference in "What you would expect to happen" as to "What will happen".

Yes. Just another reason why I don't give the :finger:

Actualy when some driver or ped pissed me off When I was driving busses I use to pucker up my lips and give them a kiss. Has the same effect but the shock value slows down there response time.

Skyryder

spudchucka
20th September 2006, 19:47
Do you not think it would be common courtesy to ask management?
It is private property after all.
Keep in mind that this was just a fishing expedition as well.
If I had the authority I would have told them to leave, but I'm just a mushroom.

``Public place'' means a place that, at any material time, is open to or is being used by the public, whether free or on payment of a charge, and whether any owner or occupier of the place is lawfully entitled to exclude or eject any person from that place; and includes any aircraft, hovercraft, ship or ferry or other vessel, train, or vehicle carrying or available to carry passengers for reward:

Sound familiar, you work in a public place sunshine, anyone, including the filth, has a common law right to enter your place of business.

Skyryder
20th September 2006, 21:19
Ah get over it you lot!!

I flip it back.

"Bad luck, I just did"

There are time when you make me laugh. This is one of them.

Skyryder

scumdog
20th September 2006, 21:19
If case law says telling a cop to fuck off isn't offensive, you'd be pushing shit uphill to get home on it for giving the finger.

Saying 'fuck off' in a restaurant COULD be offensive to some members of public nearby (as opposed to the pig it was directed at), who's to say 'flipping the bird' is not going to be offensive too?

Ixion
20th September 2006, 22:20
I think the test though is not whether someone COULD find it offensive. There are people who can find almost anything offensive. Some very religious types (Christian or muslim) might find a chick in a bikini offensive. Quite a few people found the boobs on bikes display of tits offensive.

Its whether, (a) in all the circumstances, the average reasonable person would find it offensive AND (b) did anyone who saw it find it offensive. So there has to be someone who actually WAS offended, and the someone has to be more that a hypersensitive prude.

Which test it seems unlikely the instance exemplified would meet

Lou Girardin
21st September 2006, 07:03
Sound familiar, you work in a public place sunshine, anyone, including the filth, has a common law right to enter your place of business.

To pursue normal business in that place. Not Police state interrogation of our customers.

Lou Girardin
21st September 2006, 07:04
Saying 'fuck off' in a restaurant COULD be offensive to some members of public nearby (as opposed to the pig it was directed at), who's to say 'flipping the bird' is not going to be offensive too?

The courts?

Indoo
21st September 2006, 08:14

Did you actually bother to do any research at all before spouting off about case law?

Case law has only stated that in a one on one situation with no-one else present its not 'offensive behaviour' to swear at or pull the fingers at a cop. However you can be arrested and are likely to be convicted of offensive behaviour for pulling the fingers or swearing at cops in a public situation where other people are present and likely to be offended by it. Its all about time, place and circumstance.

Go do some reading.

scumdog
21st September 2006, 08:22
To pursue normal business in that place. Not Police state interrogation of our customers.

Yeah Lou but you know the natural progression of things: If you have shit and crap around then there's a good liklihood pigs won't be far behind.

Even works when i'm out hunting!

You accept shit- ergo you accept pigs

The_Dover
21st September 2006, 08:23
Did you actually bother to do any research at all before spouting off about case law?

Case law has only stated that in a one on one situation with no-one else present its not 'offensive behaviour' to swear at or pull the fingers at a cop. However you can be arrested and are likely to be convicted of offensive behaviour for pulling the fingers or swearing at cops in a public situation where other people are present and likely to be offended by it. Its all about time, place and circumstance.

Go do some reading.

Hey Indoo.

:Police: :motu: :nya:

Ixion
21st September 2006, 08:37

Go do some reading.

I take it then that you would arrest anyone that was swearing or using obscene gestures in public? No matter who they were directed at? Because it would obviously be invidious to have one law for police and another for everyone else.

And as swearing and obscene gestures are hardly rare, I presume that you, and all your collegues have made many such arrests ?

I await with interest the response of the police the next time boi-racer flips me the bird and I report him and ask for him to be arrested.

unhingedlizard
21st September 2006, 08:41
does anyone else think it is great we live in a country that still reports on incidents such as this? Rather than all that news space taken up by murders shootings and the like? Imagine this story in the states, any european country, the UK. People would say its a slow news day.

Indoo
21st September 2006, 09:11
I take it then that you would arrest anyone that was swearing or using obscene gestures in public? No matter who they were directed at? Because it would obviously be invidious to have one law for police and another for everyone else.

And as swearing and obscene gestures are hardly rare, I presume that you, and all your collegues have made many such arrests ?

It depends on the time, place and circumstance and the type of behaviour as to whether an arrest is warranted, if its just minor and only pissing a few people off you would usually just tell them to pull their heads in.

If you think that cops only arrest people for offensive/disorderly behaviour if its directed at them then you couldn't be more wrong. If you don't believe me go down to the courts on a Monday morning and you will see that most arrests for those charges involve angry drunks on a fri/sat night who are being aggresive, abusive and trying to pick fights with other people who are just out for a good time.

The_Dover
21st September 2006, 09:17
If you don't believe me go down to the courts on a Monday morning and you will see that most arrests for those charges involve angry drunks on a fri/sat night who are being aggresive, abusive and trying to pick fights with other people who are just out for a good time.

A little bit different to flicking the pipes at a flying pig!

Indoo
21st September 2006, 09:20
A little bit different to flicking the pipes at a flying pig!

Hence why he wasn't arrested.

Skyryder
21st September 2006, 17:30

Only if they have dirty finger nails. That was anothe one of my responses when on the busses. IF YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME THE FINGERS AT LEAST SHOW SOME COURTESY AND CLEAN YOUR FINGERNAILS. Summit like that. Another one I use to do is to wave my hand as a fan and at the same time screwing up my face as if blowing away a bad smell. Did that one to some dolly bird in a 4x4 once. She got such a shock she ran into the back of another bus. Funny as hell. Some times I miss that job.

Skyryder

spudchucka
21st September 2006, 17:51

If your preferred guests are the gang members then ask the cops to leave next time.

Just remember though, when you lie down with dogs you tend to catch fleas.

Skyryder
21st September 2006, 20:15
Somehow 'flipping the bird' does not sound as offensive as giving the fingers.

Could be the start of 'down sizing' the offensivness.

Skyryder

Lou Girardin
21st September 2006, 20:32
If your preferred guests are the gang members then ask the cops to leave next time.

Just remember though, when you lie down with dogs you tend to catch fleas.

The scumbags were spending, the cops weren't. Which do you think the owner prefers?

Patrick
22nd September 2006, 03:49
As for the rest of it Paddy - I take it you are blissfully imune to sarcasm?:killingme:

Damn... sprung...

scumdog
22nd September 2006, 07:50
The scumbags were spending, the cops weren't. Which do you think the owner prefers?

Hmmm, but I wonder WHOSE money??

Probably money made from some punk stealing stuff/doing burgs to get the dosh to buy more cannabis/'P' off hangarounds from the the gang who in all liklihood owe the gang money themselves and are selling to pay their 'debt'.

Still, cash has no scruples eh?

The_Dover
22nd September 2006, 08:41
Hmmm, but I wonder WHOSE money??

Probably money made from some punk stealing stuff/doing burgs to get the dosh to buy more cannabis/'P' off hangarounds from the the gang who in all liklihood owe the gang money themselves and are selling to pay their 'debt'.

Still, cash has no scruples eh?

So shouldn't the pigs be out busting the gangs rather than hanging around bike shops?

"Excuse me sir, where did you get that 40 grand cash to purchase that charley ferguson?"

"Fuck off pig"

"Don't speak to me like that sunshine, it's offensive"

Patrick
22nd September 2006, 12:49
So shouldn't the pigs be out busting the gangs rather than hanging around bike shops?

"Excuse me sir, where did you get that 40 grand cash to purchase that charley ferguson?"

"Fuck off pig"

"Don't speak to me like that sunshine, it's offensive"

Perfect... lock him up and immediately ring IRD or the courts, who will happily arrive with a warrant to seize the cash for debts or fines owed...hillarious...:buggerd:

The_Dover
22nd September 2006, 13:49
Erm, what if he doesn't owe any fines?

Patrick
22nd September 2006, 14:04

Shit... that would be a first... there is always something out there... debt for child maintenance, court fines, unexplainable income for IRD... just to name a few...

If there was nothing owing, well... dunno... never struck that one!

The_Dover
22nd September 2006, 14:10
so I should probably find a way to launder that big bag of cash from my last marijuana crop before I invite Dyna round for a pig on a spit then?

otherwise it's going to be paying for unkle helens strapadicktamy courtesy of the IRD?

Patrick
22nd September 2006, 14:12
so I should probably find a way to launder that big bag of cash from my last marijuana crop before I invite Dyna round for a pig on a spit then?

otherwise it's going to be paying for unkle helens strapadicktamy courtesy of the IRD?

Yep... just pay it into my bank account and I can make sure its all sorted for ya... better update my passport(s)... will even "post" you a receipt.

McJim
22nd September 2006, 14:15
Yep... just pay it into my bank account and I can make sure its all sorted for ya... better update my passport(s)... will even "post" you a receipt.

I hear Brazil is particularly nice at this time of the year....

Where is NZ placed in terms of extradition treaties anyway?..asking merely for informational purposes you understand "without prejudice" as the lawyer would say.

scumdog
22nd September 2006, 14:50

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

Good one~!!!

What if he doesn't owe any fines indeed!!!:laugh: :rofl: :clap:

Patrick
22nd September 2006, 15:10
I hear Brazil is particularly nice at this time of the year....

I hear Brazillians at any time of the year are nice...

spudchucka
22nd September 2006, 15:20

Obviously the money launderers. You know that a lot of cops ride bikes in their private lives, I guess you aren't interested in their legitimate business.

The_Dover
22nd September 2006, 15:31
Obviously the money launderers. You know that a lot of cops ride bikes in their private lives, I guess you aren't interested in their legitimate business.

The amount of pissing and moaning we hear about cops pay I doubt whether they could afford a harley t-shirt from AMPS.

marty
22nd September 2006, 15:55
2 issues there:

1. i'd never wear a harley t-shirt.
2. i'd never buy anything from amps anyway