19th September 2006, 09:00
For those who's needs were not catered for last time,

Maverick
19th September 2006, 09:51
Hmmm... that would be an interesting parliment, 60% National, 40% "other" LOL
Imagine, no Labour, no greens, no Maori party. lol

Finn
19th September 2006, 09:54
The reason I didn't include the others is because in the foreseable future, NZ will be led by either Labour or National.

A mod added "other"

Colapop
19th September 2006, 09:54
Get rid of MMP and you'll only have 4 options...

carver
19th September 2006, 10:01
im a other, my reason for voting is not to win seats but to stand for the principals of liberty.:gob:

dhunt
19th September 2006, 10:10
Where's the option for shooting the lot and starting over again. Lately they've all been acting like little kids (worse than usual) - no wonder our country is going down the tube (we're been told what to do by a bunch of little kids :gob: )

ManDownUnder
19th September 2006, 10:17

Buggered
Stuffed
Rooted and...?

Maverick
19th September 2006, 10:53
Buggered
Stuffed
Rooted and...?

Labour? (oh wait, thats the same thing.) :dodge:

oldrider
19th September 2006, 11:13
I have voted "other" on this poll (rather than National or ACT) because I want to represent where I would like be politically rather than just choosing between the best of a bad bunch.

If you had Libertarianz on there they would get my vote but I guess they have a lot of work to do to break in to the hearts and minds of the "conditioned" voters of New Zealand!

What you think about is eventually what happens, so I am thinking and acting positively here! :yes: Cheers John.

PS: You could try a sample of an STV poll on here, that could be interesting! ( STV=Single transferable vote)

carver
19th September 2006, 11:19
I have voted "other" on this poll (rather than National or ACT) because I want to represent where I would like be politically rather than just choosing between the best of a bad bunch.

If you had Libertarianz on there they would get my vote but I guess they have a lot of work to do to break in to the hearts and minds of the "conditioned" voters of New Zealand!

What you think about is eventually what happens, so I am thinking and acting positively here! :yes: Cheers John.

PS: You could try a sample of an STV poll on here, that could be interesting! ( STV=Single transferable vote)

im with you on this, anything else is half arsed, you cannot make freedom work by halves.
take the Govt out of our lives i says.

Swoop
19th September 2006, 12:28
Really it is 2 options...
Just like first past the post. Screwed by one, then change and get screwed by the other.

The minorities have no say...
(Hang on a minute... this might be a bloody good idea...)

Steam
19th September 2006, 13:28
Why don't they have... polls on everything, like in Switzerland? Is that a Libertarianz idea? Govt passes a bill, but then the public has to vote whether to accept it or not. And the other way around, the public can put things into parliament. But it's not mob rule, they public can't say "oh kill all muslims" or anything like that, there are limits.

Lil_Byte
19th September 2006, 13:39
Looks like the right is well represented on this site.

Or are the magority of bikers rednecks/comfortable middle ages dudes.

I think I am a bit of both:rockon:

carver
19th September 2006, 13:42
Why don't they have... polls on everything, like in Switzerland? Is that a Libertarianz idea? Govt passes a bill, but then the public has to vote whether to accept it or not. And the other way around, the public can put things into parliament. But it's not mob rule, they public can't say "oh kill all muslims" or anything like that, there are limits.

i belive thats direct democratic system, ours is on our site, see oldriders post

bobsmith
19th September 2006, 14:29
Buggered
Stuffed
Rooted and...?

SCREWED.......

WRT
19th September 2006, 14:36
Anyone seen the anti-speeding sign on the way out to Muriwai? You know the "loser" signs, lose your licence, lose your job, etc. Only this one is "Lose your freedom" and someone has spraypainted "Vote for Labour" underneath it.

LOL'ed I did.

ManDownUnder
19th September 2006, 14:56
SCREWED.......

LOL - yeah... so would that be Don Brash type screwed or the other scandal currently entertaining our most highly paid civil servants?

Put the bastards on some performance incentive... useful legislation gets them fed, useless legislation doesn, and bullshit bickering and mudslinging get food taken off their tables, lights are put out and house gets sold from under them... in that order

oldrider
19th September 2006, 22:03
LOL - yeah... so would that be Don Brash type screwed or the other scandal currently entertaining our most highly paid civil servants?

Put the bastards on some performance incentive... useful legislation gets them fed, useless legislation doesn, and bullshit bickering and mudslinging get food taken off their tables, lights are put out and house gets sold from under them... in that order

Have to agree with you MDU, performance based political results, but they would argue that that's why they have a three year term.

Both of the electorates here threw the incumbents out (Labour) and they just waltzed back in through the back door by being on the bloody list!

They are harder to get rid of than a dose of crabs! (Sutton and Parker) :buggerd: We (The voters) were screwed, I reckon. John.

ManDownUnder
20th September 2006, 07:07
Have to agree with you MDU, performance based political results, but they would argue that that's why they have a three year term.

I guess it's ok to speak of performance but... seriously - what would those measures be? The National KPIs? I can see that 3 year term argument will come up ("there's not enough time" blah blah blah). I don't want to give them the satisfaction of having a cop out.

The target for a given KPI can be set realistically but agressively, and if it's a longer term goal then movement towards it become the factor measured against. Those goals would have to be given to the Ministers responsible who then carry the can for the term. Having them leave their job just prior to the end of term, or swapping portfolios doesn't get them off the hook... (be quite an incentive to get it right now wouldn't it...)

Also, 2 terms and you're out if your party doesn't perform. Backbenchers can gee up the whole damned party if their jobs are on the line. Turn the whole thing on it's head. Instead of having them avoiding blame by passing the buck, have them share the blame - army style. If one person fucks up, everyone suffers...

I'm on commission at work, part of which is tagged to company overall performance. Suddenly I'm more interested in the overall running of the company. Same should go for the Pollies.

How to set KPIs for opposition members is a challenge, (suggestions?) but they can't get off scott free either.

A couple that come to mind.

To maintain inflations within xx bounds... (sounds familiar thus far)
To test the eligibility of those on the dole/welfare every year
To have maximum unemployment of xx%
To reduce general crime by 3%, or maintain at a level of xx crimes a year
To reduce youth crime by 10%, or maintain at a level of xx crimes a year
Reduce Road Deaths to a maximum of xxx/year (broken down by type no doubt)etc...

Another thought, reduce the number of pollies to 1/3 of the current number, and treble their pay. I don't mind paying good money for good leaders... problem is I'm paying good money and being short changed.

Enough already... I'm starting to carry on - you get my drift though.

MDU