PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Coast Gravel Bash??

Motu
19th September 2006, 12:20
As in Kiwi Rider,24th Sept.Port Waikato to Raglan.

Does anyone know about this ride - who's putting it on,who is going?

I'm putting some tyres on my bike this week and giving it a much needed birthday....so I'll be dead keen to check out my tyre setup on sunday.I'll be doing these roads anyway,might be better if I go the same direction as these guys,don't want to meet 30 bikes at random coming the other way.But I don't know if I want to ride with a big group of riders...getting covered in dust,amongst riders faster and slower than me....could be a messy ride.But it could be good fun too.I think I might wait at the Tuakau bridge and tuck in behind inseen.....for a while....

Big Dave
19th September 2006, 12:33
? what page?

carver
19th September 2006, 12:37
i did that run in feb, some parts were quite rough, others fast and flowing, I maxed out my twitchy DT at 110 at one stage.
great views, in some parts the gravel is just right.
i did it without a map, but guessing your way through is fun :dodge:

Motu
19th September 2006, 12:37
Oh,Bikemart.....page 31,Adventure Rides.

Now it's bound with Kiwi Rider,do we still have to think of it as a seperate mag?

Big Dave
19th September 2006, 13:26
Oh,Bikemart.....page 31,Adventure Rides.

Now it's bound with Kiwi Rider,do we still have to think of it as a seperate mag?

hmmm - vege told me he thinks I might be able to get anakees for the tractor now. I'll ring kerry.

Page 35 btw and I think it's all one mag.

truckit
20th September 2006, 07:01
try....silver-bullet.co.nz

im sure the details will be on this site..

should be a good one

Crisis management
20th September 2006, 07:51
I would have liked to do this one, recent purchase of a DR650 now lets me play off tarmac. Unfortunately repairs are needed first to my new toy....maybe next week?

Anyone doing the Kiwibiker Kaipara 200 next month???

ajturbo
20th September 2006, 07:58
? what page?

the one wif pictures....

Superweetard
20th September 2006, 10:47
Correction..Page 35 Top left,

DR650SE
22nd September 2006, 19:34
umm when is this ride on ???

Motu
22nd September 2006, 22:19
Sunday the 24th,they are meeting at Bombay Caltex at 8.30am....if I go I'll tag along at Tuakau.

I've changed my tyres and done a few other small jobs,but still have to fit rear pads and a couple of other things....depends on how much time I get to work on the bike tomorrow.

DR650SE
22nd September 2006, 23:26
bugger i cant go as my toes are still broken

Superweetard
23rd September 2006, 13:09
I'll be there,why would'nt I just got
.....new MT21's
.....K&N airfilter
.....Dyno jet kit
.....Air box mod
.....The Dog Rooter is now a MONSTER...yeeha

Big Dave
23rd September 2006, 13:42
I'll be there,why would'nt I just got
.....new MT21's
.....K&N airfilter
.....Dyno jet kit
.....Air box mod
.....The Dog Rooter is now a MONSTER...yeeha

I still have pirelli road tyres on - have funsky.
Coro loop if it's good weather.

Motu
23rd September 2006, 14:45
I cleaned my air filter today,in No Toil cleaner....and the filter fell apart! None in stock at Red Baron,but can get one monday.I've just tried to glue it back together,but no luck,it's a mess.It must of been due to fall apart anyway.So,no ride for me tomorrow.

warewolf
23rd September 2006, 17:04
Is that the first documented case of "don't wash it, the dirt's the only thing holding it together!" :lol:

Motu
23rd September 2006, 17:59
Well,it wasn't dirty,had sort of small leaves and grass on it,but seemed very dry - I thought a quick wash and oil would be a good thing to do....bugger.I've had elements come apart in solvent before,so thought a wash in No Toil powder and warm water would have no effect.

warewolf
23rd September 2006, 21:44
I've used No Toil for years, so I doubt it's the product that caused the problem. I've even repaired a filter with glue and that's held for ages, including frequent No Toil washes.

merv
23rd September 2006, 22:22
Foam filters seem to self destruct at near enough 10 years of age, I guess its the oil eventually getting to the foam. When they finally go you touch them and they feel like you are squeezing oil soaked sawdust. Is that what happened to yours Motu? I've kept a few bikes long enough to have that happen.

Motu
24th September 2006, 00:01
The foam is not too bad,which decieved me I suppose - now I see the very top layer is flaking off,definatly the original.It came apart at the glued seams,and I could reglue those - but the softer foam seal also came off,and started to break up,I didn't want to use it without the seal.