PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Cyrox-16 any good?

cowboyz
20th September 2006, 06:45
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres-brakes/auction-70676107.htm

This looks cheap for my bike to get me through the summer but are they any good?

I always run Pirelli sport demons and they are sticky as hell in the dry, average in the wet. How would this bridgestone compare? Worth buying or should I just put another $200 pirelli on there.

Also. what difference will it make going from 140/70 to 140/60?

Motig
20th September 2006, 11:26
Never heard of them myself but that probably doesn't mean a lot. If in doubt I'd stick to what you know.

R6_kid
20th September 2006, 11:55
depends how you ride. The Cyrox is a commuting version of the Battlaxe, or atleast it was when i rode my 250. I was recommended the stickier version of the battlaxe (there are a couple) because i prefer to ride open road with a bit of speed. Cyrox would be good for commuting more than open road, but i've not heard of anyone using them.

cowboyz
20th September 2006, 12:27
yes motig is right I think. When in doubt stick with what you know. Its damn cheap but my fairings aren't.

I am not sure how I ride. Went on Suglites adventure and found I was really slow. Normal touring alone and cars seem to be going very slow. Normal weekend riding with the guys I ride with and guests and I am usually taking lead. I try to maintain 100k/hr pace no matter what the road does. 65km/hr corners are no real trouble but the 45 and 35 are quite a challenge. I think I will stay with what I know cause they are a great tyre them pirellis.

SPman
20th September 2006, 17:52
Great for long wear - not so good for sticking to the road