PDA

View Full Version : Motard tyres

truckit
20th September 2006, 06:57
hi guys im looking for a motard tyre for the exc ....

can people please tell me if theres a tyre to suit my needs...im doing 50/50 tarmac and gravel roads but the bike stores are trying to sell me a full road tyre?or is this the only option i have?

if someone can help me out here cos im bloody lost...

thanks in advance guys

sugilite
20th September 2006, 08:11
Pirelli do a good comprimise Motard tyre. It says in the add they are 10% dirt, but they work better than that...
http://www.motostrano-store.com/pimt60duspti.html
Saw these on the same site, but not sure they are available in nz
http://www.motostrano-store.com/avdisuti.html

clint640
20th September 2006, 08:24
Yep, those MT60's are the most common motard tyre. I've ridden a 640SM with 'em & it was good on wet & dry tarseal, didn't get a chance to test them on gravel.

Cheers
Clint

truckit
20th September 2006, 09:33
thanks for the reply guys ...

what about the pirelli MT70? soundlike a good tyre and quite well priced?

what do you guys think?

thanks again

slowpoke
20th September 2006, 23:57
Thanks Truckit, I might have finally found myself a retard to play on too, so I was going to ask a similar question shortly.
What sort of dollars are the Pirelli's going for?
The research I've done so far has been quite good regarding the Avon Distanzia's mentioned above as a rear tyre with something like a full race wet on the front, I'm just not sure if the Avon's are available here.

Lou Girardin
21st September 2006, 06:57
Thanks Truckit, I might have finally found myself a retard to play on too, so I was going to ask a similar question shortly.
What sort of dollars are the Pirelli's going for?
The research I've done so far has been quite good regarding the Avon's as a rear tyre with something like a full race wet on the front, I'm just not sure if the Avon's are available here.

Pirelli Scorpion Syncs are the only ones I can think of in motard sizes. Conti do a great motard tyres, but it's more road oriented.

clint640
21st September 2006, 08:23
thanks for the reply guys ...

what about the pirelli MT70? soundlike a good tyre and quite well priced?

what do you guys think?

thanks again

What sizes are you looking at? 17" motard wheels or the stock 18/21? I've run the 18 & 21" MT70's on the KTM & they did pretty well, good on gravel & I've near dragged the pegs on tarseal with 'em. I still use one on the back but now I run a slightly more aggressive Continental TKC80 on the front.

Cheers
Clint

slowpoke
21st September 2006, 09:16
Sorry to hijack your post truckit.....(psssst: I'll be running 17's, he whispered)

truckit
21st September 2006, 10:52
no highjack at all bud :cool:

yeah im goin for the 60s i think there around $250.00 each?

cheers