PDA

View Full Version : Check out my sad attempt at....

placidfemme
20th September 2006, 14:02
Well I've got my own message forum which pretty much died from me not keeping it maintained and such... and recently i've been replacing all the dead links and blah...

Anyway, I know it looks like crap (haha possibly an understatement)

http://placid.proboards12.com/index.cgi

I've tried to give it the "Matrix" look as the default skin, the banner and gradients are homemade... and thats why they suck lol

I've just got a few more mods to do then I can start on the next skin... which by popular demand (myself and LilSel lol) is going to be a blue skin...

anyway... suggestions or comments?

Wasp
20th September 2006, 14:29
Looks cool, love the matrix theme.

what I loved (read spent hours cursing at) about running a forum was all the cool little nigly bits of code i could add/modify to do neat little things. this was on a rented webserver though, im pretty sure proboards dont let you do that though

placidfemme
20th September 2006, 14:40
Looks cool, love the matrix theme.

what I loved (read spent hours cursing at) about running a forum was all the cool little nigly bits of code i could add/modify to do neat little things. this was on a rented webserver though, im pretty sure proboards dont let you do that though

Well with proboards you can add in codes/scripts to do cool little things, but you have to be careful its not against the TOS of proboards... and its free lol

With Proboards you have a header and footer for each board... mine is chockablock full of codes lol

Wasp
20th September 2006, 15:47
header and footer, heh, with access to the file you can change anything and everything about the way its set out, structured etc etc as well as adding functionality - like what spankme does here on kb.

mine was free too as I only admin'd it, mate payed for the domain name and hosting was provided free by a mate of a mate of a mate that i met online (something like that anyway)

eidt: sorry if that sounds criticising or anything, i think its a great exercise into the unknowen to do something like that, well done!

placidfemme
20th September 2006, 15:50
lol sweet as... its just a little time waster that I do :)

LilSel
20th September 2006, 16:16
I've just got a few more mods to do then I can start on the next skin... which by popular demand (myself and LilSel lol) is going to be a blue skin...

Yeah yeah Blue!! :buggerd:

placidfemme
20th September 2006, 16:45
Yeah yeah Blue!! :buggerd:

lol a bit excited aye? :buggerd: :banana: :buggerd:

LilSel
20th September 2006, 16:48
lol a bit excited aye? :buggerd: :banana: :buggerd:

yeah yeah yeah of course... only cuz its you tho :love: :lol:

carver
20th September 2006, 16:55
man, after a while my homophobia was starting to kick in!:mad:

dawnrazor
20th September 2006, 21:05
ah the gay matrix.....otherwise known as the matrix.....LOL......you are the one eno!!!!!!

boomer
20th September 2006, 21:32
well done setting up the forumz... i had a quick flick ( no pun intended ) and laughed my tits off ( well man boobs ) at ....

"i had this bad exsperiance when i'm cleaning out my closet, cuz it's a dirty dirty place. I foundt his magazine that was talking about how Lama's have eggs, now i don' think lama's have eggs, women have eggs. And to be perfectly honest i don't know why i'm on this board, OH Yea! TO TALK CRAPP ABOUT GAY PPL! My cat went gay on me, and ever since then life just hasn't been the same with our relashioship!! i felt the pain of it, just becase he was different. Even though i tried i just couldn't accept him for what he was becuase i'm just not the kind of girl who can do that. So i here by state that i want to be deleted off of this board, thank you."

placidfemme
21st September 2006, 09:52
man, after a while my homophobia was starting to kick in!:mad:

awww :whocares: :finger:

well done setting up the forumz... i had a quick flick ( no pun intended ) and laughed my tits off ( well man boobs ) at ....

"i had this bad exsperiance when i'm cleaning out my closet, cuz it's a dirty dirty place. I foundt his magazine that was talking about how Lama's have eggs, now i don' think lama's have eggs, women have eggs. And to be perfectly honest i don't know why i'm on this board, OH Yea! TO TALK CRAPP ABOUT GAY PPL! My cat went gay on me, and ever since then life just hasn't been the same with our relashioship!! i felt the pain of it, just becase he was different. Even though i tried i just couldn't accept him for what he was becuase i'm just not the kind of girl who can do that. So i here by state that i want to be deleted off of this board, thank you."

lol I thought that was funny too, thats why I didn't delete it :lol:

KATWYN
21st September 2006, 13:11
awww :whocares: :finger:

lol I thought that was funny too, thats why I didn't delete it :lol:

Hey Placid I checked out your site. Gosh theres a lot of info about Placid!!

I'm really sorry about you mum.

and looking at "The mansion" is that Vanessa I can spot in amongst all your freinds?? (American girl) - she worked with us for a for a few months last year. Her interesting choice of T-shirts werent for the faint hearted lol
Small world if it is her.

placidfemme
21st September 2006, 14:03
Hey Placid I checked out your site. Gosh theres a lot of info about Placid!!

I'm really sorry about you mum.

and looking at "The mansion" is that Vanessa I can spot in amongst all your freinds?? (American girl) - she worked with us for a for a few months last year. Her interesting choice of T-shirts werent for the faint hearted lol
Small world if it is her.

Thanks re my mum.

yeah that is Venessa... That pic was taken about 3 years ago tho (on my 19th birthday)

Where is it that you work?