PDA

View Full Version : Price on a new paint job???

degrom
20th September 2006, 22:10
Hi everyone...

What is the going rate for a new paint job. Say on a bike like a GN? (Tanks and two side panels... Excluding paint?)

Any comments or recommendation are welcome.
Cheers.

placidfemme
21st September 2006, 09:46
Hey there

Painting prices vary depending on where you go... Seeing as you live in Lower Hutt I'd suggest sending crazefox a PM here:http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=4949

He lives in Wellington and offers very good prices on painting bikes.

Don't forget... take some before and after pics for us to see :)

Tints
21st September 2006, 11:19
My bike is getting completely repainted on the north shore in auck because I got taken out and it is looking around the $1000 for the insurance company.

That will be a fairly standard paint job, no stickers and nothing special paint wise. The bike is a FXR150, which is custom orange.

placidfemme
21st September 2006, 11:22
My bike is getting completely repainted on the north shore in auck because I got taken out and it is looking around the $1000 for the insurance company.

That will be a fairly standard paint job, no stickers and nothing special paint wise. The bike is a FXR150, which is custom orange.

are you getting it done at Reflections? They are pretty pricy but they do an awesome job I hear

Tints
22nd September 2006, 14:21
I don't know the name of the place, i don't think it is going to them, spectrum motorcycles are organising it, they are good dudes.

crazefox
24th September 2006, 15:02
Send it my way mate i will do it for 300 any colour you want

SwanTiger
24th September 2006, 15:39
Do you paint frames/engines?

Colapop
24th September 2006, 16:56
Jeez boy I only want the front fairings done, I keep meaning to come down and see ya. I think I'l get it done black (maybe matt black) with yellow/gold spikes from the vents...?

bobsmith
4th October 2006, 19:21
Sorry to hijack the thread but...

Hey I might be looking at a paint job in a couple of month on my cbr250... (it's missing the bottom fairings at the moment so thinking about getting new bottom fairings)

How much would it be for the bottom fairing only? (white with blue as shown on the attachment) and how much would it be to repaint the whole bike to a different colour (say a single colour metallic grey paint job with clear coat)

Thanks

[edit] - just to add - without the writing? (I;m assumung that would make it a bit cheaper....)

crazefox
5th October 2006, 17:17
Single colour re paint around 650

kiwisfly
5th October 2006, 18:19
Hey crazefox, awesome offer.
Question, doe's any price include prep work ie sanding etc?

crazefox
5th October 2006, 18:42
I will do all the work even repairs if need be