PDA

View Full Version : Um! Hello..

Paul in NZ
24th June 2004, 17:35
Ok. I got bored waiting for a fax from japan so I registered.

I thought that I better since I know Jim2 and mangel and went for a ride the other day with the chap with the bent forks on the FZR and the other chap on the GSXR1000, sorry, useless with faces and names but never forget a bike...

Thats enough niceness for one day...

Have fun...

Paul in NZ

Ms Piggy
24th June 2004, 17:40
Welcome...there's lots more of us here and we're all a pretty good bunch most of the time too :apint:

James Deuce
24th June 2004, 17:44
GET ORF MY LAND!!

You get bored waiting for people to start speaking.

Welcome mate.

Make sure you piss these people off as much as you piss me off!

riffer
24th June 2004, 19:06
Welcome Paul,

the name was Simon.

and the FZR will be up and about in a fortnight or so. Just waiting on parts.

dangerous
24th June 2004, 19:26
Well well well, look what the cat has draged in then 'Paul in NZ' shezzz man, you get around dont ya. Hows Vicky and the girls doing?
Is the old Guzz still treating you well? This forum is in for a fun time with you around welcome aboard.... now I know ya thinking who the frig is this toss pot :rolleyes: but I aint gona tell ya or the word might get out about me ride. :bleh: :wavey:

mangell6
24th June 2004, 19:33
There goes the neighbourhood!!!!! :weep:

mangell6
24th June 2004, 19:35
See how long it takes for guzzi owners to smell each other out :lol:

mangell6
24th June 2004, 19:40
Paul_in_NZ,
Good to see you made it to the wonderful world of Kiwi Biker. We are all sensitive people who have absolutely no opinion and think what is happening in NZ regarding M/C is the right thing.

Mike

Sarcasm - A low form of wit.

Mike

dangerous
24th June 2004, 19:52

Na it wasent his smell I senced........ it was the noisy tappits I heard as soon as he loged in :apint:

Bandito
24th June 2004, 19:54
Welcome Paul that is a seriously COOL peice of kit you got there with the guzzi Lemans a mk 2 I suspect?

mangell6
24th June 2004, 20:03
Dangerous don't say that, he will now be going to check them to make sure :lol:

Blackbird
24th June 2004, 20:36
This is a seriously cool site!

Raumati is a nice place - one of my best mates lives in Rainbow Court.

cheers

Geoff

Zed
24th June 2004, 21:04
Ok. I got bored waiting for a fax from japan so I registered.

I thought that I better since I know Jim2 and mangel and went for a ride the other day with the chap with the bent forks on the FZR and the other chap on the GSXR1000, sorry, useless with faces and names but never forget a bike...

Thats enough niceness for one day...

Have fun...

Paul in NZ
Hi there.

So are you actually from NZ Paul? :rolleyes:

Enjoy KB.

Zed

James Deuce
24th June 2004, 21:13
Hi there.
So are you actually from NZ Paul? :rolleyes:

No - he's from the South Island.

dangerous
24th June 2004, 21:35
No - he's from the South Island.

HAY JIMMY..... dont you start with the South Is shit again, yeah I have a good memory :msn-wink:

About once a month a sheep staggers onto the 400m of m/w Nth of Chch and creates 2 minute delay, but that's about it!

I've often thought about moving to Chch, but I understand that it is compulsory to wear walk shorts, knee length socks and roman sandals, and an airtex short sleeve business shirt to work if you work in an office. That always put me off.
:Pokey: :bleh:

James Deuce
24th June 2004, 21:52
HAY JIMMY..... dont you start with the South Is shit again, yeah I have a good memory :msn-wink:

:Pokey: :bleh:

:2thumbsup

wari
24th June 2004, 22:19
hullo ... :spudwave:

Paul in NZ
25th June 2004, 08:50
Um... Thanks folks...

Thats got to be high up there on the list off warm (but odd) welcomes onto any board. I just can't wait to say something remotely controversial to see what happens....

Yes. It is a Mk2 LeMans. I have a love/slightly dislike relationship with it. When it's good it is unbelievably good. When it has the sulks it is.... Perplexing.

Yes. Vicki and the girls are all great. Vick's back still giving her trouble so not too much riding for her. The girls are living in town as they started uni this year.

I also have an old triumph but the engine is in a gazillion bits all over my bench right now. :crybaby:

I love old bikes. Dunno why but I'd rather ride a slow old bike fast than ride a fast new one slowly... There is something addictive about pushing less able machinery to the limit but something desperately unsettling knowing that your bike is actually far more competent than you will ever be...

;-)

It's all fun....

riffer
25th June 2004, 09:16
Dunno why but I'd rather ride a slow old bike fast than ride a fast new one slowly... There is something addictive about pushing less able machinery to the limit but something desperately unsettling knowing that your bike is actually far more competent than you will ever be...
Didn't seem that slow when it went past me doing about 140 going up the old water tank road to Gladstone.

Sounded nice too. Though those skinny tyres are a worry...

I'm not sure I'd have the guts to throw around a bike that has a skinnier tyre on the back than mine has on the front. :pinch:

vifferman
25th June 2004, 09:18
Hi, Paul.:crazy:

From the sound of it, you are yet another Old Bastid(tm).
Welcome to KB.:)

Paul in NZ
25th June 2004, 09:38
Though those skinny tyres are a worry...

I'm not sure I'd have the guts to throw around a bike that has a skinnier tyre on the back than mine has on the front. :pinch:

Yes... I'm old... Older than santa claus... old enough not to worry about stuff like how wide my tyres are too.... No offense but fat tyres are an obsession for a lot of folk. If you want to ruin the handling on a Tonti framed Guzzi, put a one size fatter rear tyre on it... and lets face it. An old push rod munter like that (57bhp at the rear wheel) is not exactly going to light up the rear tyre exiting corners is it?

Most of the guys on the Guzzi lists that run the newr V11's actually go for a size down in tyre as it makes the bike turn in a little quicker and sharpens everything up...

Come to think of it... That day I met you Simon, you, Jim2 and the GSXR1000 pilot who's name escapes me now (and possibly forever :bye: ) I think you all had issues with tyre temperature and lichen etc on the road? I was seriously wondernin' what the heck you were on about... My tyre were toastie pie ;-)

No, I'm not bagging modern bikes or tyres or anything. I'm just saying that an appropriate tyre is the correct one. If i had 180bhp (hmm 3 - 4 Guzzis), I'd maybe want a bit more rubber than a 110/90..... (heh heh)

Paul N

riffer
25th June 2004, 09:41
The gixxer pilot was Mark...

Yeah, that lichen was a bit slippery.

I guess your tyres just cut through it, whereas mine were sliding a bit at the rear...

Paul in NZ
25th June 2004, 09:49
Mark, thats right. How embarassin' :brick: sorry!!

The Guzzi is quite good at not slipping about. Dunno why, might be the tyres or the wide power (what power?) band or maybe the vibration cuts through the moss?? Or maybe the noise scares it away?

it was a nice ride though.. Always good to mis behave...

How you getting on with your bike? Try Forking by Frank in the USA for tubes. been doin' em for yonks...

Cheers

Hitcher
25th June 2004, 10:10
Welcome to our gargre Paul!

Motu
25th June 2004, 13:48
Welcome - I see in another thread you have owned a Rickman MMeettiissee'' (two of something in there,not sure which) and can even spell it - so hi from someone else who has also lost perhaps the best handling dirt bike in the world.What powerplant did your's have and what year.Mine was 63 I think and had a unit 500cc engine,frame number 642,maybe,it's been awhile - but I can still remember how unbelievablingfuckingoverthetopstupid I was on it.Best bike I've ever ridden for diguising rider defects.

Paul in NZ
25th June 2004, 14:08
Mine was a dunga when Ibought it but was quite nice when I sold it. It must have been bought in as a frame kit only as it didn't have the nice rickman forks and wheels. It had a pre unit triumph 500cc with the enfield primary chain cases. I used it on the road a few times and it was a bloody good bike on a gravel road.

I also owned a Spartan which was a NZ built copy of the Rickman

I also owned a bitsa that ran in the early 60's open scrambles. Airel huntmaster frame, norton dominator motor, norton 500T front end, triumph gear box. It went like a cut cat on the beach and had a motorcross side car for a while. Now THAT was interesting I can tell you!!! More cuts and contusions from that beast than anything I can think of...

Cheers

Posh Tourer :P
25th June 2004, 18:39
Um... Thanks folks...

Thats got to be high up there on the list off warm (but odd) welcomes onto any board. I just can't wait to say something remotely controversial to see what happens....

This (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=3026) is what happens when you say something controversial around here.... :P

Mooch
26th June 2004, 01:52

Careful mangell6 , there maybe others from IMOC lurking around here !. Ops ... too late .
Welcome aboard Paul , looking forward to a ride sometime soon.

Mooch

scumdog
26th June 2004, 07:47
Quote: "I've often thought about moving to Chch, but I understand that it is compulsory to wear walk shorts, knee length socks and roman sandals, and an airtex short sleeve business shirt to work if you work in an office. That always put me off."

You got a problem dressing like that? If you move to the Mainland it is "de riguer" to be so dressed unless riding a motorbike, - then you have to wear a tassled jacket :bleh:
Just kidding, I know of another Guzzi Guy who gives me shit about MY tassled jacket and wouldn't be seen dead in it.
Welcome anyway, if you can get along with self-opinionated, narrow-minded and abusive dickheads you'll just blend in!!! :banana:

James Deuce
26th June 2004, 09:13
Welcome anyway, if you can get along with self-opinionated, narrow-minded and abusive dickheads you'll just blend in!!! :banana:

He doesn't have to get along with them. He's from the same gene pool :D

mangell6
26th June 2004, 11:11
And only half of me is from that same gene pool :D

LB
27th June 2004, 05:32
Hi Paul - welcome to KB - hope to see you on the hill some time (though I have a feeling I may have met you a while ago?)

Italian is good.

Paul in NZ
28th June 2004, 13:32
Hi Lynda

Yes.. I think we have met. I have not been to an IMOC meeting for ages and you could not miss the Mk2 (although I got a shock when I found it's twin parked outside the Italian food festival a while back). Perhaps up the hill??

I suck at remembering people.. I think I was dropped as a child..

(explains a few other things too)

sigh

James Deuce
28th June 2004, 13:34
Hi Lynda

Yes.. I think we have met. I have not been to an IMOC meeting for ages and you could not miss the Mk2 (although I got a shock when I found it's twin parked outside the Italian food festival a while back). Perhaps up the hill??

sigh
It was on the hill, when I still had the CBR600 going.

LB
29th June 2004, 05:27
Hi Lynda

sigh

When I was 2 yrs old I went into the car windscreen when Dad braked heavily (no kiddie restraints in those days and I was apparently on Mum's lap) and my head cracked the windscreen. That explains a lot.

Jim2 tells me I met you and he up the top of the hill and I completely ignored him and "ohhed" and "ahhed" over you and your bike. I don't really remember, but that may be because of the windscreen incident. :wacko:

Mongoose
29th June 2004, 10:16
Didn't seem that slow when it went past me doing about 140 going up the old water tank road to Gladstone.

Sounded nice too. Though those skinny tyres are a worry...

Thought for a hrrible moment there you were gonna comment on Pauls tyre which if a tad fatter than what he runs on the Guzzi!! :Pokey: