PDA

View Full Version : Some pix of me :)

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:12
Hey Peeps,

I'm on Uni Holiday and I've been quite keen on photography these days. So I took a little break from everything and went for a nice little bicycle ride on Tuesday.

All four pix attached below were taken by me of myself, with my Cannon A530 camera. How? You may ask.. With a tripod and the self timer with rapid shot function. It was a little tricky but quite fun at the same time. I didn't want to just concentrate on one area of the picture but I have kept a few things in mind for the entire composition.

Just wanted to remind you lot that I'm not just a pretty face :D

Chur

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:18
Then yesterday, I felt like I should start to do some new tricks on my bike while pulling wheelies.

I tried sitting on the tank a few times and got a foot high once or twice. That was on my way to work. After work, I asked a work mate of mine to take some pics while I did some practice runs.

Pic 1 - Warming up with a normal sit down wheelie.
Pic 2 - Trying side saddle cause it's different. Haven't seen anyone else try em in real life to be honest. Pretty freaky though. Just with little leg movements, the whole bike goes into a wobble!
Pic 3-4 Some tank wheelies (is that what they call em?). That last one was a pretty good one actually. I carried it for a bit of distance. A shame the photographer was too eager to snap too quickly!

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:23
Went for a lil ride to the Kaiuawa fish and chips place with me old mate sAsLEX. Had a nice little ride and Alex was nice enough to take some pics of me while I tried to do some more of the stuff from yesterday. Gettin a bit better I'd say..

Pic 1 Warm up Wheelie
Pic 2 Side saddle
Pic 3 Again side saddle, I'm liking it now!
Pic 4 Standup, I am finding this one the most challenging out of everything else I do ATM.

larriken
21st September 2006, 18:26
Went for a lil ride to the Kaiuawa fish and chips place with me old mate sAsLEX. Had a nice little ride and Alex was nice enough to take some pics of me while I tried to do some more of the stuff from yesterday. Gettin a bit better I'd say..

Pic 1 Warm up Wheelie
Pic 2 Side saddle
Pic 3 Again side saddle, I'm liking it now!
Pic 4 Standup, I am finding this one the most challenging out of everything else I do ATM.

Nice work dude! Hope you are getting the vid cam out, not long to go before the end of submissions.

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:27
Pic 5 Stoppie, I've been doin them for years now so I'm not too bad with these.
Pic 6 Tank wheelies, Yay! They are pretty fun. I like the feeling of how high you are sitting and you go a bit higher still!
Pic 7 Like ma hoddie, Gixer boys and girls? He he

sAsLEX
21st September 2006, 18:34
Ended up a little grainy didnt they! Bugger!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8741156860722202256
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1676172502196957554

Not too great should up upped the size

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:35
Nice work dude! Hope you are getting the vid cam out, not long to go before the end of submissions.

Don't worry man, I'll hand it in on time. I may miss the deadliness of all the Uni Assignments but I won't be missing the CDS2 submition deadline. :)

kiwifruit
21st September 2006, 18:36
nice wheelies man,
that hoodie is a piss take tho aye?:lol:

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:39
[quote=sAsLEX;761180]Ended up a little grainy didnt they! Bugger!/quote]

Yea man, pretty anoying. I messed up the settings. I should have just left in Auto mode. Its the same cam that took all the pics in this thread but the noise from today's pics makes em seem like they were taken with a shitty phone cam or somefin.

Cheers heaps for today though.

Hopefully see you Sat. :)

Cheers for the vids too

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 18:40
that hoodie is a piss take tho aye?:lol:

Ha ha ha, yea bo :)

Maha
21st September 2006, 19:04
Reminds me of myself really..........:whistle: (pt)

Seen you in action Motoracer, as i recall you were negotiating your way through some S's....most impressed....:2thumbsup

sAsLEX
21st September 2006, 19:30
A quick pic I took

Will have to get some better ones on sat if I can make it

Oh and nice rolling stoppie on the MW nice height!

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 19:36
A quick pic I took

Will have to get some better ones on sat if I can make it

Oh and nice rolling stoppie on the MW nice height!

Holly shit! Look how nice your camera pic came out! Should have just either left mine on Auto or used yours lol

Cheer about motorway stoppie. Would have tried more but the traffic was a bit too heavy. Have a guddun bo

Cheers

Big Dave
21st September 2006, 20:20
Mucking around with similar idea - had the camera 20 mtrs too soon - experience for next time.

http://web.mac.com/david_cohen_design/iWeb/Site/Podcast/835198C9-1671-444A-BA9F-1507AB3C875D.html

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 22:36
Mucking around with similar idea - had the camera 20 mtrs too soon - experience for next time.

http://web.mac.com/david_cohen_design/iWeb/Site/Podcast/835198C9-1671-444A-BA9F-1507AB3C875D.html

Cool dude. Maybe you and I could arrange a time and place and I'll take some of your photos and you do the same for me?

Big Dave
21st September 2006, 22:51
Cool dude. Maybe you and I could arrange a time and place and I'll take some of your photos and you do the same for me?

That all sounds borderline ghey :Pokey:.

Has to be the right venue - i don't approve of doing that stuff on the street much.

Motoracer
21st September 2006, 22:59
That all sounds borderline ghey :Pokey:.

Has to be the right venue - i don't approve of doing that stuff on the street much.

Fair enough. I don't know of a legit place to do it other than the race track sorry.

Fishy
22nd September 2006, 07:39
Excellent stuff Sudeep!. :niceone:

sexy beast
22nd September 2006, 08:42
nice stuff

Swoop
22nd September 2006, 08:58
Whenuapai airbase isnt being used that much is it? Im sure you could get clearance for a day there if there were a few of you doing it and Dave took some pro photos?
Worth a try, but honestly don't hold your breath. The public servants do not like sharing the tax payers property with the taxpayer.

Al
22nd September 2006, 09:18
Doing well there MR, practice makes it more fun too!!!

Al

Swoop
22nd September 2006, 09:24
Its it disused now though?
No, it is still "active" with our Air Farce defending us with the transports (C-130 Hercules, 757's and King Air's) and maritime patrol (P3-Orion) aircraft based there.
There is a disused runway near the power section, but this is used as a taxiway.

Swoop
22nd September 2006, 09:50
Air Force went to pooes after they ditched the f-16 deal.
We do not need F-16's in NZ. They require a runway to land and take off from and we have very few of those... This makes it rather easy for an attacking force to neutralise.
Something like the Harrier would be better. Can be dispersed into the bush and operate from there, and the performance is good for dogfighting and also handy for ground/surface attack.

The pilots trained on the A-4 were a good bunch, and held in high regard overseas.

Big Dave
22nd September 2006, 10:30
We just need somewhere on private property don't we?
An empty car park or something not a public road and it's legal - (or won't draw the heat at least)?

sAsLEX
22nd September 2006, 10:54
We just need somewhere on private property don't we?
An empty car park or something not a public road and it's legal - (or won't draw the heat at least)?

Most car parks by definition are classed as roads as the public has easy access to them, so even though you had the ebst intentions in your video you were still breaking some law........

Personally I think some place like where we went, miles out of the way no public to bother etc is just as good a solution, but I see where you are coming from BD

Swoop
22nd September 2006, 11:31
Harriers are slow and old though.

What bout the Joint Strike Fighter, full VTOL and its supersonic!
Dogfights and mud-moving occur at subsonic speeds, 0.8-0.9MACH iirc.
Supersonic gets you from a to b faster though.

I think we have done well on this thread hijack...

skelstar
22nd September 2006, 12:54
Cool photos MR. I cant wheelie (on purpose) but could you tell me why the standup wheelie is harder than the side saddle etc?

Motoracer
22nd September 2006, 22:12
Cool photos MR. I cant wheelie (on purpose) but could you tell me why the standup wheelie is harder than the side saddle etc?

Gotta go out but I'll quickly try explain..

Death, Jimmy, Larriken, my mate John, all wheelie kings tell me that Standups are easier than normal sitdown wheelies.

With me, I feel what the bike is doing with my whole body when I am wrapped around the bike when sitting down. But when Standing up, I am away from the bike and just feels freaky.

I can't see the tacho to see what revs I"m in. I normally can tell how high I am with how much of my vision is blocked with the bike. When standing up the bike doesn't block your vision. You can also tell by how easily it wants to stay up there so I just need to get a better feel for that to stand up./

Anywho, I'm just inexperienced with these things. I'll get it..
]
Later!

hurricane_r
24th September 2006, 13:52
really nice wheelies, but duno about the whole piss on gsxr thing. kinda like saying saab piss on ferrari, but anyway nice wheelies :)

S&S
24th September 2006, 14:01
I like your attitude dude..... keep riding & smiling :)

Rossi Gal
24th September 2006, 17:33
hey you!! wicked pix! what a good idea about the self taking thingy on your camera haha, you've improved so much!! keep on keeping on!! ;)

Motoracer
24th September 2006, 18:33
really nice wheelies, but duno about the whole piss on gsxr thing. kinda like saying saab piss on ferrari, but anyway nice wheelies :)

Thanks man. Pee on GSXR hoddie is a piss take literally bro. I used to have a K2 GSXR600 that I did most of my races on. Loved it to bits. Even the ones that got left behind at splash in Manfield. lol Most of my best mates ride GSXRs. Great bikes.

I just love winding them up for a laugh. They love it too I'm sure, deep down. :)

I like your attitude dude..... keep riding & smiling :)

Thanks man. I like feeling happy more than anything (seeing the once you love and care about happy is more satisfying though). We have 24 hours in a day. 7 days in a week. 52 weeks in a year and only a limited number of natural years in our lives. Life is just way too short to not enjoy it.

hey you!! wicked pix! what a good idea about the self taking thingy on your camera haha, you've improved so much!! keep on keeping on!! ;)

Hey Arreee!!

How are ya feelin? Hope all is good. Will talk about the weekend soon.

Here's a hope you'r feeling better hug from meee :hug:

Rossi Gal
24th September 2006, 18:59
Thanks man. Pee on GSXR hoddie is a piss take literally bro. I used to have a K2 GSXR600 that I did most of my races on. Loved it to bits. Even the ones that got left behind at splash in Manfield. lol Most of my best mates ride GSXRs. Great bikes.

I just love winding them up for a laugh. They love it too I'm sure, deep down. :)

could you make me one?? they are really cool!!

Hey Arreee!!

How are ya feelin? Hope all is good. Will talk about the weekend soon.

Here's a hope you'r feeling better hug from meee :hug:

im doin great thanks!! weekend was all good, even got to race haha :)

Motoracer
24th September 2006, 19:18
could you make me one?? they are really cool![

Hmmmm I don't know... They are pretty exclusive you know. The XXL hoddies, Tailor made in Pakistan, with the finest poliester, sold in upmarket places like The warehouse. Then grphic work done by none other than me, then finally printed by sign writers as a one off job.

It'll cost ya. ;)

erik
24th September 2006, 21:01
Dunno if it's a good idea doing homework after having a beer... I've tried that in the past with less than good results. ;)

Fishy
25th September 2006, 08:16
Sounds good about this piece of road and I AM ALWAYS KEEN TO PRACTICE WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!! It's pretty lonely doing it myself. Common peeps, give it a go. I'll share my knowledge and maybe gain some from yous? :)

If you are keen to head down my way some time this week after work I will be keen for a bit of practice mate. I went out yesterday morning for a bit of practice and was quite pleased with a couple of wheelies. This is only the third time I have been playing around with wheelies on my new bike so I am still very much green on it. Just need to practice more to gain consistancy.

Would be good to get another person to video them for me to so I can see how high they are and how much higher I can go, its a little hard to judge by myself at the moment so yeah I think a video clip would be a good idea.

R6_kid
25th September 2006, 08:49
Would be good to get another person to video them for me to so I can see how high they are and how much higher I can go, its a little hard to judge by myself at the moment so yeah I think a video clip would be a good idea.

guess who is the new owner of a mint MiniDV camera with USB uplink.... :2thumbsup

Fishy
25th September 2006, 08:59
guess who is the new owner of a mint MiniDV camera with USB uplink.... :2thumbsup

Nice toy!, you keen to take a clip to help us out? I was just gonna use the digi cam but yeah yours would be better.

GIXser
25th September 2006, 15:26
Keep practicing sudeep, looking sharp man,,, next few weekends we'll go and practice some shit eh.....

R6_kid
25th September 2006, 21:42
Well until my gearbox is fixed there probably isnt much use in getting footage of me. I get it up to balance point from first, change to second then it normally goes downhill from then. Well, it doesnt until the gearbox lets go of 2nd gear.

I almost got it through to third but i find it drops too much before i get it into gear, as i have to short shift 2nd into 3rd, so it just makes for a softer landing.

Only thing for me is that i can only do weekends as my uni/work timetable is kinda crap unless you are keen for some morning stuff on a wednesday before 12.

But yeh, the camera has all the goodies including a USB cable so i can take it home, edit, cut and post your wares up on the net for some to see, and send the better stuff down to ol' larriken to turn into a masterpiece.... or i could start my own production company :cool: