PDA

View Full Version : Approximate servicing costs GSXR-600K4

Griff
22nd September 2006, 00:39
Hi, I am importing my Bike into Auckland in 12 days.
I was wondering, what are the approximate Service costs (Interim and Major) for a SportsBike in Auckland/New Zealand as a whole?
Big Thanks

Peter

Griff
17th November 2006, 11:08
Thought I'd post a reply here for anyone else from abroad needing some idea of service costing. Just got an EMail back from HALDANE MOTORCYCLES, and they stated that it would be approximately around $350, depending on condition of the air filter, brake pads, chain and sprockets etc.
Thanks to Tony Koole for the info :niceone:

Thanks to the many people who viewed this post and found it too difficult to answer. GSXR's must not be common bikes then. :nya:

silverado
17th November 2006, 11:22
6K service cost me $252.00.

Cajun
17th November 2006, 12:02
hmmmmm
I take my bike to be services with no lower fairing.
I also provide the oil filter/oil or any other parts that would need replacing in that service

And normally the labour is no more than $100-$120 for my time.

I always buy the oil/filter from shop i service it from, its just i like to spread cost out by buying parts when i afford them, so service time its not as many $$$.

Even my 24,000km service where they check the tappits only cost me $120 + oil/filter(another $80 which i provided)

Eg prime example was when i fitted ngk irdium plugs at my 6,000km service, at bike shop same plugs were $25 each, i got a pack of 4 for $45 thru ngk nz wholesaler.

Welcome anyway Griff, what colour is your 600, what mods have you done?

Griff
11th January 2007, 06:51
Hi Cajun, Thanks for the info.

My Gixer has no mods, only a hugger to keep the crap off my shocks.

I landed here in Oct and my bike has only just cleared customs!!!

I will be very upset of it has obtained any further modifications on the ship over though :angry:

Hopefully, see you on the roads soon.

Cheers

Griff

K4 & K5 - the last of the REAL GSXRs!!

Cajun
11th January 2007, 06:58
hahaha true that Griff.

Glad ya bike finally cleared customs, weather should improve in shortly and be able to get out a bit more.

I have the service manual in pdf form for our bikes if ya interest in a copy. if ya got broadband, let me know and i get you a link

Bytor
18th January 2007, 09:01
12k service cost me $320 at Holeshot, Takapuna, including rear preload adjustment - good service and the bike feels awesome

Cajun
18th January 2007, 09:25
hmmm you guys really get raped in akl for servicing.

I see they change the spark plugs, so it you pay bike prices for them min $25 so there is $100 easy

Bytor
18th January 2007, 10:16
hmmm you guys really get raped in akl for servicing.

I see they change the spark plugs, so it you pay bike prices for them min $25 so there is $100 easy

Too true Cajun, but I'm a lazy arsehole and scared shitless that I'll fuck something up.

Any news on the bikes selling yet? Can't believe that you can't sell one of them. If I had the dough I'd buy the thou, but the wife would castrate me at least! Noticed on TM some guy selling his K4600 for about 9k:gob: Jeez some guys are just underselling stuff which seems to affect the used price guide - esp Suzuki's.

Cajun
18th January 2007, 10:23
you don't really need to do service yourself, i just provide the parts, aka 4 x ngk irdiums for $50(put in at 6,000km service) bike shop had some plugs for $40 each. My max service cost was like $160 or something and that was them doing some supension setup for me also

I also take my bike to dealership minus side fairing to make there servicing easier (also gives me a good chance to clean engine while fairing is off)

-
Nah no news on selling yet, i can't really believe its taken so long to sell, damn bargin with all the extras. Not to fussed which one sell, just one of them, at this rate, will look at trading one of them in.

Bytor
18th January 2007, 10:27
Do the servicing guys mind you supplying your own oil/plugs etc, seeing as you are doing them out of profit? Suppose it depends on how well you know the guys.

Cajun
18th January 2007, 10:28
i buy a 4 pack of full synic shell oil from there store, i supply own plugs tho(since i can get them whole sale), but in turn i get discount of the 4 pack of oil.

and with us owning 4 suzukis at moment in family, i guess pays to look after us