PDA

View Full Version : 50CC RETRO SCOOTER for a NEWB

woowooboy
22nd September 2006, 13:23
SUP!
just looking for a retro-style 50cc sccoter to go around Auckland
and I know nothing about scooters

so any recommendations? plz?
I really want japanese-imports cause they will be certainly better than chinese ones in quality. but its so hard to find Yamaha Vino 50

How come Vinos in Aus but not in NZ?

Sym Mio 50??
Vmoto Milan?

Chinese imported scooters any good? breaks down easily?
any problems u had wit them?

Hoping to get some really helpful answers

cheers!

phantom
22nd September 2006, 16:34
My sister has a Vmoto Milan for commuting in Wellington and loves it. Has had it about a year and no problems so far

woowooboy
22nd September 2006, 17:31
I saw that on TradeME and quite cheap too.

A new bike about $1885 but this is a chinese import, right?
cannot trust chinse made

Is Milan also chinese made?

STORKEN
21st December 2006, 01:36
STORKEN had a JOKER, copy of Honda Joker. 50cc Very cool looking, good acceleration. you can't run them out of fuel as they get a gap in the fuel line so keep it topped up. I payed $2300 new at Cycle City here in New Plymouth. They look like Vespa and mine came with sissybar and eagle head on front fender with eyes that lit up green. Either talk to Neil at C.C or look up Joker on I'Net.

Bonez
21st December 2006, 03:45
I saw that on TradeME and quite cheap too.

A new bike about $1885 but this is a chinese import, right?
cannot trust chinse made

Is Milan also chinese made?Don't the chinese own a reputable Italian make? They said the same thing about Jappers a few years back.

MisterD
21st December 2006, 07:17
Don't the chinese own a reputable Italian make?

Don't think so, Piaggio own pretty much all the Euro brands (Vespa, Gilera, Derbi...) apart from Peugeot.

I think some Chinese outfit has licenced the designs to the old Zip50 though.

I haven't heard of any major problems with PRC-made scoots, you just get what you pay for. They're cheap and cheerful (to be nice, hey! it's Christmas). Both Scooterworld and Retroscooter have such 50cc-ers so go and try them, personally my recommendation would be to try to find a used Vespa ET2.

texmo
28th December 2006, 10:06
My sister has a Vmoto Milan for commuting in Wellington and loves it. Has had it about a year and no problems so far

Thatss probbly the only good vmoto in NZ then.

cynna
4th January 2007, 00:41
ive got a chinese scooter which i have had no problems with. had it about 7 months and down about 2000k. not sure what it will be like in the long run but suits me at the moment for cheap transport with easy parking

not everyhitng that comes out of china is shit. remember the products that used to come from japan

my one is not retro but im sure there are good chinese ones out there - just make sure you google it first to see if there are any problems

http://www.whatscooter.com/browse2.asp?make=CPI&model=oliver&ccpower=&price1=&price2=9999&cooling=&brakesf=&brakesr=&Submit.x=38&Submit.y=16