PDA

View Full Version : ZZR250 Rear Shock Adjustment? (newbie)

Disco Dan
23rd September 2006, 22:51
Have been carrying a pillion on my ZZR a few times and REALLY need to be able to adjust that rear shock! Previous bike had two shocks and i could just pop a screw driver in the side and turn it a couple of notches, but this one has just one in the centre and have no chance of getting a screw driver deep into the middle of the bike! Help!

erik
24th September 2006, 01:40
My brother's got a zzr250.

I've got a C-spanner that fits the rear shock, if you want you could stop by here (I'm in Titirangi) and I could adjust it for you.

PM me if you're interested.

Disco Dan
26th September 2006, 19:21
Fantastic! cheers! just took my bike on first long distance (3hr) down south and have gained my confidence with 'leaning'... should it be adjusted each time? Where would i get my mits on one of those wrenches? :2thumbsup THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

erik
26th September 2006, 22:19
The ones I've got are home made, I'm not sure where you'd buy them from, maybe try repco, supercheap auto or waitemata hydraulics?

You'd probably find that it's fine just leaving it on the hardest setting the whole time. It's what my brother does.

geoffm
28th September 2006, 20:13
I can make you one if you want, but you will have to come around here oen weekend. Bring beer.
Geoff

Disco Dan
30th September 2006, 15:40
...cheers!

...been trying to keep up with my friends who have 1000cc honda firestorms! Just doesnt have enough power for even a 250cc!! thought it would be a good commuter, but will head back to the shop for something MUCH bigger! ;) Been riding for about year and a half, and can throw it around the corners no problems etc so must be time to join the big boyz!! hehe