PDA

View Full Version : Alarm system recommendation

Disco Dan
23rd September 2006, 22:57
Alarm systems dont seem to be too popular here in NZ, but for those of you like me are in a unique situation like working in a dodgy suburb etc and need a bit of protection from theives I have to reccomend this site:

http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/buy_now.html

Very cheap, and very quick to arrive; installed it in a couple of hours and very easy! (love those alarms that talk to ya)

Do many of you have an alarm on your commuter bike? or just the flash ones ? hehehe

bobsmith
24th September 2006, 11:01
hey those are pretty well priced.

Another good ones are the Xeno alarmed disc locks.

It provides a physical lock as well as an alarm and you don't have to spend money installing them. Sure it doesn't provide ignition kill but if they're serious enough to roll the bike into a truck and drive off, they can get by ignition kill switch anyway... I have a Xeno alarmed disc lock and I'm very happy.

I think you can pick up a new one from cyclethreads for about $130.

andrea
24th September 2006, 14:14
hmmm interesting ill be looking into getting something like that soon, and hopefully one of those police stunguns off the black market so i can stun those bastard workmates of mine that are playing with the switches on my bike. then id shave their eyebrows and chain them up naked on at the traffic lights.

FROSTY
26th September 2006, 00:50
just a lil word of warning--although the alarm doesnt drain muck battery power--they DO drain the battery--If youre gonna fit an alarm id buy a new battery if its a bit dodgy

poorbastard
26th September 2006, 01:20
Got one sitting on the shelf to go onto the new bike when I get my ass into gear

damo
27th September 2006, 08:57
Alarm systems dont seem to be too popular here in NZ, but for those of you like me are in a unique situation like working in a dodgy suburb etc and need a bit of protection from theives I have to reccomend this site:

http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/buy_now.html

Very cheap, and very quick to arrive; installed it in a couple of hours and very easy! (love those alarms that talk to ya)

Do many of you have an alarm on your commuter bike? or just the flash ones ? hehehe

wow those look wicked!

ynot slow
2nd December 2006, 20:31
yes i've got one on my gsx750,but when i bought the bike it wouldn't turn off,guy i got bike off wasn't using alarm,turned out once i put new battery on her,then activated the alarm,it went beep once,put key in and try to start alarm went off,so yes a good battery is needed,i also notice the alarm hasa small led which flashes,so if i use alarm i need to keep battery up to full strength,mind you it stays in garage car(s) outside,also have alsation on guard at night so stuffed if i'd take him on lol.

Disco Dan
3rd December 2006, 12:09
I can install them for anyone, gimme a PM if your interested.

knight rider
26th December 2006, 18:04
Hope this doesn't offend you disco dan but if it does then please accept my apology. I did some net surfing & found some to be cheaper on ebay not a lot cheaper but just thought id mention it

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-ALARM-IMMOBILISER-2006_W0QQitemZ200061806048QQihZ010QQcategoryZ25643 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:)

knight rider
26th December 2006, 18:08
they are about $95 nz dollars deliverd