PDA

View Full Version : They are quick alright!

Motu
25th June 2004, 10:41
Been busy,busy,busy this morning,powering through some WoF checks,the guys are workin hard - then I come into my office to put a WoF check on the computer and find my bag in the middle of the floor open! One guy is working right next to the office and my WoF bay is 3 paces away,normaly I put the check sheet on the office window counter and come back to it to complete the checks.No one has seen anyone enter the workshop apart from the two customers I had just dealt with.

Nothing taken - my bag has a lot of functions...it's my briefcase,tool bag,drinks cabinet,laundry bag,has my camera and USB cable,cheque book and fortunatly my dirty filthy cap was jammed in the top.But the office is full of stuff worth nicking - a couple of DSOs,scanner,WoF documents,brake meter,PDA,more booze and I can see a car alarm still in box,polisher and auto welding helmet - but most of it disguised as worthless shit under piles of undealt with paper work.

My office is in the middle of the workshop - how the hell they could come in unseen is beyond me....I hope I haven't become a target......

pete376403
25th June 2004, 12:01
Don't you have a workshop dog who spends all day asleep on the one good chair in the office?

riffer
25th June 2004, 12:35
Shit Motu, that's twice in a month you've had this kind of trouble.

First the car that did a runner, now this!

Time to invest in a dog, mate.

Actually I know where there's a nice one going. My in-laws are selling their place in Akatarawa Valley (38 acres) as they've bought a smaller place further up the valley.

Anyway, they have a lovely dog called Dodge who's a wonderful guard dog. Dodge is nice to his owners but I definitely wouldn't let him near kids, as he's a pit bull.

If you would like a dog, pm me. :)

Motu
28th June 2004, 10:18
I think I found what they nicked - my competition licence!!!! I had it renewed and when I needed to find it for a trial yesterday I can't find it nowhere.I used the temporary licence which is still valid.Maybe I will uncover it,but it's usualy close at hand.

It's not going to be much use to them,so if you see licence no - 13097 you know where to send it.

Dr Bob
28th June 2004, 10:27
Yeah, people creep into my house all the time and steal pens, and coathanges, and the remote.

Jackrat
28th June 2004, 10:58
Hey Motu,If your keen on geting a good hound I have a Bull Mastif X Bull Terrier that you can have.He's red black brindle,Desexed and about twelve months old an a good watch dog.He's also a gentle giant with kids and people he knows.Give me a PM if your interested.

750Y
28th June 2004, 11:59
JR, i don't want the dog but out of interest what sort of bull terrier is it? staff/pit/english etc?
& motu, You must be in a bad spot cos you're constantly getting stuff ripped off & broken into. time to install a cheap secuirty camera OR 2?

scumdog
28th June 2004, 12:19
Motu, you need a new neighbourhood!! :soon:

Jackrat
28th June 2004, 12:40
JR, i don't want the dog but out of interest what sort of bull terrier is it? staff/pit/english etc?
& motu, You must be in a bad spot cos you're constantly getting stuff ripped off & broken into. time to install a cheap secuirty camera OR 2?

Actualy his full breeding is,Staffy X lab over a Bull Mastiff.
It's the staffy, Mastiff you can see in him,Mainly the Mastiff as he's a big boy and still growing.

Motu
28th June 2004, 12:48
Yeah,the 'hoods being going downhill for a few years,Keith Hay will be squirming in his grave.

Theft is just a part of business and I don't think I've been that hard hit over the years, running an open shop these days is a liability,but I'd hate to go the cold antiseptic check your car into reception and no contact with the workers approach.

They take odd stuff alright - the only time I've ever had an actual breakin they kicked down my entrance door,ripped up the safe (for two WoF books) but then I found my framed Alternative Fuels Certificate was missing - I haven't used it for 20 yrs as that industry is defunct,why take that?

I can't put a dog inside here,just keep the eyes open....

FROSTY
28th June 2004, 12:49
hey motu --all i can say mate is trust noone in dorkland. In my job I've had so much of my stuff nicked I hide everything away.
Nothing is sacred and they move like bloody grease lightning :2guns:

Mongoose
28th June 2004, 13:07
Yeah, people creep into my house all the time and steal pens, and coathanges, and the remote.

Not to mention those other socks that are needed to make a pair, the coffee out of the mug you were drinking, the nice cool drink you just KNEW was in the fridge too

Big Dog
28th June 2004, 19:26
Actualy his full breeding is,Staffy X lab over a Bull Mastiff.
It's the staffy, Mastiff you can see in him,Mainly the Mastiff as he's a big boy and still growing.
Nice! Sale or rent? The pillion wants a big dog, no pun intended, and I prefer labrador personality dogs. Was meaning to look for one about august, but a good dog is a good dog.

Big Dog
28th June 2004, 19:28
Not to mention those other socks that are needed to make a pair, the coffee out of the mug you were drinking, the nice cool drink you just KNEW was in the fridge too
What gets me is the sneaky bastards sneak back in and put it back if they find out your pillion has gone to look for them. :baby: