PDA

View Full Version : Temp. to Med. term patch for a pin hole in a tank.

degrom
24th September 2006, 14:53
Hi all...

Quick tip that might just help you out. I have recently resprayed my tank and found a few pin holes that leaked.

Solution : Super epoxy from Warehouse!!! Cost me just over $3 and you can patch a huge amount of pin holes with it. Also if you do it very carefully you will get away with it,without anyone even noticing it.(The EPOXY looks like extra thick clear coat)

Hope it could help out a bit.
Cheers.

BAD DAD
28th September 2006, 17:02
I just recently found petrol dripping out of my tank so ended up getting the tank repaired, as in stripping it totally then being split open, dents beaten out then rewelded. Even after all that there were still pinholes so ended up using a product called POR15 which seems to have done the trick. Still haven't got the new paint on yet. Product cost me about $60

degrom
28th September 2006, 20:36
I just recently found petrol dripping out of my tank so ended up getting the tank repaired, as in stripping it totally then being split open, dents beaten out then rewelded. Even after all that there were still pinholes so ended up using a product called POR15 which seems to have done the trick. Still haven't got the new paint on yet. Product cost me about $60

cool... What did the panel beating cost?

degrom
28th September 2006, 20:39
epoxy? PPFFF!!! what? you too good for bubble gum? :2thumbsup

Bubble gum would not work with this thread... It would go better with SHORT TO 5 SECOND FIX :Pokey:

BAD DAD
4th October 2006, 16:34
cool... What did the panel beating cost?

Degrom, the panel beating i.e tank rebuild cost $300 which stung a little bit but it was beyond my skills.

degrom
4th October 2006, 17:03
Degrom, the panel beating i.e tank rebuild cost $300 which stung a little bit but it was beyond my skills.

That's a lot... But you are right tanks are not an easy thing to fix. The metal are really thin and needs lot's of skills to be fixed.

I have an old tank I would like to fix,but for $300 I could rather get a second hand one that is in a better state.

Thanks for the info.

BAD DAD
18th October 2006, 16:19
I agree but my old tank is over 40 years old so most replacements had a good chance of being just as bad or worse. Good luck with yours