PDA

View Full Version : VMCC Rd 5 report

dss3
24th September 2006, 15:20
Brief report of the weekend for me...

The weekend started off on a bad note, wheel bearings dying on Buces trailer meaning that we didn't get down to manfield untill about 12.00 fri night, but after a good nights sleep thank to Spudchucker and family we arrived at the track at around 8.00, fueled on servo station pies and ready to roll.

Have gone back to running Supercorsa's for the summers racing, I had a fresh set on the bike so actually went out in the scrub-in session to scrub in tyres for once! Also spotted a few braking markers.

Qualifying was next, think we had about 5 laps, first 4 laps didn't get a clear lap in always behind some one, on the last lap got a pretty clear lap but came up behind Nicko and Bruce towards the end of the lap and they were pulling into the pits, stupidly I slowed and therefore ruined that lap too. Qualified 8th with a 2.00.xx. Wasn't too upset though, PB lap there last time was only just into the 1.59.xx's so I wasn't far off where I left last time.

Race one and got a decent start, but then was passed by Bruce, and Carey Briar, then had a bit of a dice with Jason Hulme for a couple of laps before eventually finishing in 7th with a PB lap of about 1.59.50. Was pleased to be back under the 2 min lap mark, now next aim was the 58's.

Race two and another decent start, with Bruce squeezing under me in turn one. Again Carey came passed, and I ran wide around the long lefts in the back of the circuit letting Jason through again. Did a couple of crap laps in the 2.01.xx's before settling down and concentrating a bit. Managed to then get into the 1.58.xx's and repassed Jason and started to catch Carey. But then saw the white flag, seven laps had just flown by! So finished with a PB of 1.58.5 which I was pretty happy about, and in 7th again.

All in all a good day. No crashes, and felt comfortable running in the 58's, with no sliding or 'moments' at all. will be aiming for 57's for sure next time on the long circuit, whenever we get to go back on it again. As long as I keep taking a second or so off each round i'm pretty happy with current progress.

Thanks as always to Quasimoto, Waikato Yamaha, and Shaun Harris for there help.

Daryl.

Rossi Gal
24th September 2006, 16:28
Hey boy!! you were doin awesome out there! glad to see ya got ya 1:58's in the end! yay! :)

Motoracer
24th September 2006, 19:02
All in all a good day. No crashes, and felt comfortable running in the 58's, with no sliding or 'moments' at all. will be aiming for 57's for sure next time on the long circuit, whenever we get to go back on it again. As long as I keep taking a second or so off each round i'm pretty happy with current progress.

Fucking awesome effort man!! Makes me really happy to see you doing so well. Go hard bro. :)

kiwifruit
24th September 2006, 19:06
good shit man

SwanTiger
24th September 2006, 20:11
Good stuff, I've been reading your race reports for a while now. Sounds like you are improving with consistency and little steps. :2thumbsup

loosebruce
25th September 2006, 10:31
Hey Bitch, good job on not crashing, left that to another muppet eh, oh i dropped the bike off the trailer trying to get it off with no ramp by myself at home lol, dick!

Taupo next :banana: catch you at Puke on Saturday bro.

cowpoos
25th September 2006, 11:03
good stuff daryl....and it still amazes me how you get a bog standard R1 around a track so fast!!! fark...imagine how quick you'ld be on a gixxer!!!

sugilite
25th September 2006, 11:33
Great effort Daryl, I bet you can hardly wait for round 6 at Taupo!
See ya there, should be a good party after too :2thumbsup

emaN
25th September 2006, 11:51
All in all a good day. No crashes, and felt comfortable running in the 58's, with no sliding or 'moments' at all. will be aiming for 57's for sure next time on the long circuit

well done D! look forward to seeing what you get up to at Taupo...

Cleve
25th September 2006, 11:54
Well done Daryll. Good to see you and Bruce again. You were both looking smooth and fast out there. See ya at Taupo.

HDTboy
25th September 2006, 12:57
Team Muppet were a disappointment this weekend.

Motoracer
25th September 2006, 13:01
Team Muppet were a disappointment this weekend.

For the lack of muppet moments? Don't worry, aparantly Bruce dropped his bike off the trailer. lol

cowpoos
25th September 2006, 13:09
For the lack of muppet moments? Don't worry, aparantly Bruce dropped his bike off the trailer. lol
Bwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDTboy
25th September 2006, 13:28
Bwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wot he sed

Shaun
25th September 2006, 14:02
Dude, you are coming alond great, imagine what you could do with some suspension!

The way you are riding that bike with stock stuff, you are trully doing yourself proud

texmo
25th September 2006, 17:01
Dude, you are coming alond great, imagine what you could do with some suspension!

The way you are riding that bike with stock stuff, you are trully doing yourself proud

Is your bike Completly stock?

dss3
25th September 2006, 17:18
Not entirely, I took out the catalytic converter,baffles and the exup from the exhaust. Other than that it has braided lines. Suspension is stock, just at the factory settings you buy them from the shop with. Figure i'll worry about fancy aftermarket stuff once I can ride what I got properly.

texmo
25th September 2006, 17:43
Not entirely, I took out the catalytic converter,baffles and the exup from the exhaust. Other than that it has braided lines. Suspension is stock, just at the factory settings you buy them from the shop with. Figure i'll worry about fancy aftermarket stuff once I can ride what I got properly.

bro your a fucking legend I though you were fast but on stock stuff? fuck dude get an ohlins rear shock and give bruce tha learn!

dss3
25th September 2006, 18:23
bro your a fucking legend I though you were fast but on stock stuff? fuck dude get an ohlins rear shock and give bruce tha learn!

Cheers, but don't think it's that easy unfortunately! Think it's mainly the rider holding the bike back more than vice versa. Pretty sure if you put a Mr Stroud on my bike you'd see a few seconds a lap tumble off.

Shaun
25th September 2006, 18:36
Cheers, but don't think it's that easy unfortunately! Think it's mainly the rider holding the bike back more than vice versa. Pretty sure if you put a Mr Stroud on my bike you'd see a few seconds a lap tumble off.

Good attitude man, and true as well

mikey
25th September 2006, 18:42
theres a lot more thinking going into this racing business than appears.

good shit

Two Smoker
25th September 2006, 20:31
Wicked stuff Daryl... and im glad i could keep the muppet tradition going... your turn next aye??? your lagging behind a bit...

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 23:32
Awesome riding there Darryl, Must have been feckin good, cause I never saw you after the dummy grid!!
Was kinda waiting for the lappings from you guys, but fortunately never came!

Bloody impressive riding, all said and done!

slowpoke
25th September 2006, 23:47
theres a lot more thinking going into this racing business than appears.

Yup, like: "don't crash, please don't crash, get the fuck outta my way, shit I nearly crashed, where'd you come from?, don't crash, ouch that's gonna cost me, did I remember to top up the bike, what am I gonna eat with $2.45 in the bank, bastard stay outta my way, shit Rossi Gal has done a runner again, don't crash, must brake later, shit not that late, whooey that would have hurt, please don't crash, shit my eyes are getting sore I must remember to blink at least once a lap etc etc"

Shaun
26th September 2006, 06:20
Yup, like: "don't crash, please don't crash, get the fuck outta my way, shit I nearly crashed, where'd you come from?, don't crash, ouch that's gonna cost me, did I remember to top up the bike, what am I gonna eat with $2.45 in the bank, bastard stay outta my way, shit Rossi Gal has done a runner again, don't crash, must brake later, shit not that late, whooey that would have hurt, please don't crash, shit my eyes are getting sore I must remember to blink at least once a lap etc etc"

ha ha harde hahahahaha

Rossi Gal
27th September 2006, 09:56
hahahehehe...funny...