PDA

View Full Version : Sidi 'Rose' boots?

klingon
24th September 2006, 19:25
I went looking for boots over the weekend - ideally ones that I could wear around the place and not feel like I was conspicuous in my 'riding' gear. I found the Sidi Rose boots and fell in love! :D

Anyone got them? Any comments? They're pretty expensive but SOOOO comfy.... :love:

What's the best price you've seen them for? (You can PM me if you're too shy to tell everyone how much you spent on your boots... or if your hubby might be reading this and you told him your boots only cost fifty bucks then you hid the credit card bill ;) lol)

miSTa
24th September 2006, 19:29
My wife has a pair. She loves them and would wear them everywhere and anywhere if she could.

I don't remember how much we paid (bought last year) but were well worth it.

Estrella
24th September 2006, 22:16
I went looking for boots over the weekend - ideally ones that I could wear around the place and not feel like I was conspicuous in my 'riding' gear. I found the Sidi Rose boots and fell in love! :D

Anyone got them? Any comments? They're pretty expensive but SOOOO comfy.... :love:

What's the best price you've seen them for? (You can PM me if you're too shy to tell everyone how much you spent on your boots... or if your hubby might be reading this and you told him your boots only cost fifty bucks then you hid the credit card bill ;) lol)
Just checked them out on the web and they look great, I wish I had seen them when I was looking for new boots. Much nicer than the cumbersome things I ended up with, they are safe but ugly!

klingon
24th September 2006, 22:37
Just checked them out on the web and they look great, I wish I had seen them when I was looking for new boots. Much nicer than the cumbersome things I ended up with, they are safe but ugly!

Yeah they look good and they feel good. I've only seen the black one here but a google search tells me that they're available in a range of colours and even a "summer rose" with vented panels... mmmmm ...

Kendog
25th September 2006, 07:40
I have a pair and love them. I bought mine off ebay for about $100 Nz inc potage, in really good nick too. Do a search on trademe as I had watchlisted a pair last week and they wanted $180 reserve for them. They are expensive, but really awesome looking and comfy boots, feel totally secure riding in them too.
Good luck!!
Mrs KD.
edit: Here's the link, they are under offer at the mo, but if nobody grabs them I'm sure they will be relisted shortly.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=70583889

Keystone19
25th September 2006, 08:41
Great boots. Highly recommend them.

dawnrazor
25th September 2006, 16:41
can't comment on these specific boots, but can on SIDI in general as you can see from this thread

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35585&highlight=my+boots+are+pants

I would not be in a hurry to buy SIDI again, although I have salvaged mine, I have noticed the velco is not what it was and that that will be the next thing to go, if I get another year out of my pair I'll be happy - but 3 years out of expensive boots including a major meltdown is not my idea of great value.

All that said I don't see an awful lot else in the shops that doesn't scream race monkey or special needs case, so the options are limitied - story of motorbike gear in this country in general.

Rosie
25th September 2006, 17:16
I've got a pair, and I really like them.
Mine were $299, they are last years model and were on sale.

Nicksta
25th September 2006, 18:16
they are nice boots.... would have bought some if i could afford 2 pairs.... great for casual city riding..... and look good with jeans!

klingon
25th September 2006, 21:34
I have a pair and love them. I bought mine off ebay for about $100 Nz inc potage, in really good nick too. Do a search on trademe as I had watchlisted a pair last week and they wanted $180 reserve for them. They are expensive, but really awesome looking and comfy boots, feel totally secure riding in them too.
Good luck!!
Mrs KD.
edit: Here's the link, they are under offer at the mo, but if nobody grabs them I'm sure they will be relisted shortly.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=70583889

Thanks Mrs K... unfortunately my feet are much bigger than that! lol But very kind of you to post the link anyway.