PDA

View Full Version : The real cool thung about owning a Triumph

Scouse
24th September 2006, 20:21
yep like the title of this post says The real cool thung about owning a Triumph is the RAT rides. The organiser of these rides seems to do this only for the pleasure of riding in a group cause there is fuck all in it apart from that. what is realy cool though is that I got to hear about todays ride purely by word of mouth no posting on the web witch in these days of paranoia about the Rozzers spying on the KB site to bust some of our fellow KB'ers has a lot of merit RAT rides usualy are spoken about in a sort of hushed manner ie its either a north ride or a south ride and the exact route that rides takes is usualy only given at the meeting point as far as Im concerned the jury is still out on weather we are being spyed on at KB but the interesting thing is that not one single rozzer was spotted on todays Coroloop. The other Cool thing is that the typicl Rat rider is Shall we say of a more mature disposition so while the pace of the ride was of a pressing on nature ther were no bins all of whitch makes for a exelent ride in the sunshine

Mr. Peanut
24th September 2006, 20:48
Did any of you see a beat up NSR 250 pass you while you were at the Kopu station? ^_^

The roads were brilliant, and you're right. No cops....

Scouse
24th September 2006, 20:51
Did any of you see a beat up NSR 250 pass you while you were at the Kopu station? ^_^

The roads were brilliant, and you're right. No cops....what at about 14:30 to 15:00..?

Mr. Peanut
24th September 2006, 21:04
Yeah ^_^
10 chars

Zookey
28th July 2020, 10:35
RAT riders seem to have vanished in H.B.So many Trumpy owners now with Hawkes Bay Classic club oldies.

jellywrestler
28th July 2020, 16:59
there were no bins all of whitch makes for a exelent ride in the sunshine how much carnage is there normally on group rides?

Bonez
28th July 2020, 17:06
Every man and his dog owns a Triumph these days. Be different. You meet the nicest people on a Hon
da.:innocent:

Murray
28th July 2020, 19:05
The real good thing about owning a Triumph is that you dont own a Harley

GazzaH
28th July 2020, 19:10
I thought it was the chance to own British rust.

I'm sure my TR7 is now fully recycled - totally oxidised and returned to mother earth.

It was fun while it lasted. Nowhere near as cool as a Stag though.

Stylo
6th September 2020, 16:54
I thought it was the chance to own British rust.

I'm sure my TR7 is now fully recycled - totally oxidised and returned to mother earth.

It was fun while it lasted. Nowhere near as cool as a Stag though.

My cousin had a Stag. Nearly cost him his marriage. My mate had a Standard Vanguard with town and countrys on the back wheels and a Holden 308 under the bonnet. Still ran a single exhaust pipe. There's a sleeper if there ever was one. Off topic yes but, the Standard morphed into the Triumph car company didn't it ? Dave told me he used to go up and down Colombo St in the late '70's on a Friday night picking stop-light fights with Chevy's and Valiant Chargers. He most often won but the Vanguards handling wasn't particularly good. Not sure why.

JimO
6th September 2020, 17:24
Dave told me he used to go up and down Colombo St in the late '70's on a Friday night picking stop-light fights with Chevy's and Valiant Chargers. He most often won but the Vanguards handling wasn't particularly good. Not sure why.
probably needed town n countrys on the front as well

Fisher
22nd October 2020, 22:43
Now because of the isolation "iron" would be very useful. Free travel in nature is great.

Fisher
8th March 2021, 23:05
The snow is gone, which means it's time to start driving!