PDA

View Full Version : Team Poos race report....test of character!

cowpoos
25th September 2006, 11:56
Howdy

well....this round has been a bit of a stressful affair for me,after my big bin last time...

I had a number of issuse sorting the bike out....had subframes getting welded up...fairings on order....etc etc...

and on the two days before race day everything was ment to turn up....and did it....well thanks to jas at motostyle for coming through as promised with a awesome set of clipons...bloody quality items too!!.... subframes were finnished on friday morning and RG did a mad dash to pick them up for me....only to find when I went to fit them the wern't straight.....and not welded properlly....and fairings didn't turn up at all....FUCK!!!!
thankfully shaun rang up the day before asking what I did and didn't hav...and at that stage the only thing I was worried about not getting was fairings...so shaun threw a set in the back of kickingzebra's mighty terrano to bring to the track for me....so I was a bit relaxed about that...but come friday I was spitting tacks about the subframes....got a new rear....and I rang shaun and he not only came to the rescue to say he's got one I can borrow...that bloke went out of his way and got to the track real earily [as he wasn't planning to be there till later on in the day] in the morning so I could fit it and get out on the track!!! huge ups man...I'm so thankful for your support and help on the day with various other problems and issuses...

bed..... after 12 sometime..... up and 5:20am....argh!

so once we got to the track....team piston broke scored us a pit [thanks guys] I was straight into making my rather sad looking chassis into a working bike again...it took some time...and thanks to drew and gav [fizzerman and HTDboy] we got it sorted to get out in supersport qualifing for a few laps...was a bit weirod...having not ridin since last round where I got the mighty 4 laps in before binning in the scrub in session....and before that it was the july round was when I had previously ridin....so was feeling a lil sketchy to say the least...I did a couple of quiet laps and then started to up the pace a lil...then found my bike wanting to pull stoppies again under heavy braking...so when I came in...I found shaun for some advice...[he suggested some 10cc more fork oil in each fork]...shaun came over to measure my sag settings...and thats when I noticed oil on my right foot...so...blah..gavin came to the rescue with some good pit bitching skills..some arsing around removing alternater cover...and gunging it up while he sent me on a mission looking for bolts [thanks heaps nicko]...I missed qualifing for superbikes during this drama....oh well....starting from the back of the grid can't be that bad I guess??? [well not quiet...kickingzebra missed qualifing too and let me go one place in front of him].....so with the bike not leaking any more...and a lil fork oil top up...I'm suddenly lining up ready to do the warm up lap...and feeling farkin nakered...and farking stressed!!!

did the warm up lap and came round to grid up....I stopped just before the pit entrance to check to see I wasn't leaking oil...and sweet...grided up in a lonely 34 on the grid...flag drops...gained a few places straight away...spent the next few laps working my way through the feild...still wasn't comfortable with the braking because of the fork dive....so wasn't able to brake hard really....which is my main strength....and I was a lil hesitant at barreling through the corner I binned on last round too...so made my way up to 16th I think....did shit for me times of 2:05...but I was feeling a bit better towards the end with the bike...

Race 2.....was feeling a lil more relaxed.....was thinking a bit about what shaun told me earlier about calming my nerves down....as its not like I'm out to win the championship...start time...flag dropped...I saw a gap on the inside...and flew up the inside of about 8 bikes....and then nearly got run off the side of the track by some twit....he forced me on to and almost over the white line...I managed to out brake the twit and slam me bike up the inside of him in to the first turn and he had to back off...
I started picking up places...started getting in to a good grove...and by lap 5 I think...can't really remeber...I was about 5 bike lenghts from two smoker and gaining and coming out of higgins on the power....as I changed my body position for the left onto the extension something tweaked in my back and sent a roaring pain through my back...and just had to back off a lil bit....and it didn't go away...I was trying to keep on things....but was a bit tricky when my mind wasn't totally on what I was doing....two smoker was getting further and further away...and after a bit I though...nah fuck that hurts to much and sat up and put me hand up to say I was slowing and toodled around the sweeper and then the next sweeper on to the front straight to pull into the pits...with bikes passing me...about to pull in and fuck it...chequered flag was waving and though....fuck...and just gased it for a tick to cross the line...so not only was a in pain but was feeling like a tit....coz I lost a few places by not realising it was last lap...best time was a 2:02 I think....dunno where I finnished...

Till next time at taupo!!

So yeah....huge thanks to shaun harris for making it possible for me to even get on the track!!!....hdtboy [gavin your a ledgend mate!!]....team mate rossi gal....team piston broke for the pit....nicko for nuts and bolts..speedie for ya on going support and encouragment..jay lawrences crew for the fork oil....jas from motostyle for the clipons....dave anderson motorcycles...and everyone else that helped out on the day....cheers heaps

Joni
25th September 2006, 12:00
Well done to you for putting the effort in and getting back out there. Really great to see that!

Look forward to seeing you @ Ruapuna... should be a goodie! :wari:

Colapop
25th September 2006, 12:03
When's Taupo, Ho? And what did ya do to yer back? We gonna see ya next weekend - you showing us round your patch?

emaN
25th September 2006, 12:08
but come friday I was spitting tacks about the subframes....got a new rear....and I rang shaun and he not only came to the rescue to say he's got one I can borrow

i've got a rear subframe off a K1 750 if you need it.
750Y gave it to me earlier this year, but i've not needed it.

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 12:12
I guess you pass the test mr Poos!! Bloody good going out there too!
Sitting on the start and watching you ace away while I am trying to find that ideal balance of wheel on the ground and clutch engaging...

Figured you could use the extra 300 mm of start space to greater effect than I ;)

Stoked that it all came together and you were able to get back out there, thats what racings all about! Good stuff bro!

skelstar
25th September 2006, 12:14
Yeah it sucked seeing you werent having a good time mate. Hope everything works out for next time. Might come have a watch...

onearmedbandit
25th September 2006, 12:20
Sounds like testing times bro, but a good read up nonetheless. Look forward to seeing you at Ruapuna as well!

HDTboy
25th September 2006, 13:08
Was awesome seeing you out on the track again after the mornings dramas bro

Motoracer
25th September 2006, 13:11
Nice one Poos. Same about your pain that made you slow down. Would have been good for you to have a dice with Chirs and others.

2:02 is pretty good dude.

Keep it up.

cowpoos
25th September 2006, 13:11
Was awesome seeing you out on the track again after the mornings dramas bro
thanks in a huge way to you gav.....I owe you some beer........even maybe that ghey dutch stuff.....errrr.....maybe......but definatly beer....

sugilite
25th September 2006, 13:38
As mentioned in the other thread, well done on arriving at the race track with a wreck and leaving it again with a race bike!
Tidy times too considering your lack of riding and obsicles you overcame.
Well done Ryan! :2thumbsup

Shaun
25th September 2006, 13:58
Your'e welcome Mr POOS

Location location- NAR- Preperation preperation!

80 % of the battle on the track is in your head ( The big one, not ya little fulla) if you leave home with a bike package that is good to go as soon as you get there, you will do well

I know you had no time but that;s just an exscuse:buggerd:

kiwifruit
25th September 2006, 14:00
Straight back on it, thats a real test bro. Good shit!

Deano
25th September 2006, 14:02
Team Poos race report....test of character!

You're a testing character alright mate.

Well done on getting back out there, despite all the hurdles.

Two Smoker
25th September 2006, 20:53
Good stuff on getting back out there... But as everyone said, dont stress its only a club event...

Rossi Gal
26th September 2006, 10:19
Awesome effort!!! just get ya shit sorted the week b4 next time huh! hahaha ;)

cowpoos
26th September 2006, 11:46
Awesome effort!!! just get ya shit sorted the week b4 next time huh! hahaha ;)
cheers babe....but...erm erm.....who was it changing your fairings and stuff for you at 6:30pm on friday huh????????

cowpoos
26th September 2006, 11:54
Your'e welcome Mr POOS

Location location- NAR- Preperation preperation!

80 % of the battle on the track is in your head ( The big one, not ya little fulla) if you leave home with a bike package that is good to go as soon as you get there, you will do well

I know you had no time but that;s just an exscuse:buggerd:
it isn't an excuse.....your right.....lesson learned.....don't worrie....lol

skelstar
26th September 2006, 12:01
cheers babe....but...erm erm.....who was it changing your fairings and stuff for you at 6:30pm on friday huh????????
Do you guys argue in person?

I can imagine the situ...'hey honey...I replied to your reply on KB and said something really funny, do you want me to log-off so you can logon and retort?'....;)

Drew
26th September 2006, 20:50
Do you guys argue in person?

I can imagine the situ...'hey honey...I replied to your reply on KB and said something really funny, do you want me to log-off so you can logon and retort?'....;)
Near as I can tell from my visits too the Poo residence, RG does her thing in the upstairs section of the house, and CP does the farm thing, then serves as kitchen bitch indoors.
So the only time they converse, is via these threads.
Back on topic, was real cool to see ya up there doin it bro. Since you've had lots of advise lately, I'll add some and say, it's eay to win, just go faster than everybody else. Can't believe that only one person per race knows that!

Ivan
29th September 2006, 10:27
Howdy

well....this round has been a bit of a stressful affair for me,after my big bin last time...

I had a number of issuse sorting the bike out....had subframes getting welded up...fairings on order....etc etc...

and on the two days before race day everything was ment to turn up....and did it....well thanks to jas at motostyle for coming through as promised with a awesome set of clipons...bloody quality items too!!.... subframes were finnished on friday morning and RG did a mad dash to pick them up for me....only to find when I went to fit them the wern't straight.....and not welded properlly....and fairings didn't turn up at all....FUCK!!!!
thankfully shaun rang up the day before asking what I did and didn't hav...and at that stage the only thing I was worried about not getting was fairings...so shaun threw a set in the back of kickingzebra's mighty terrano to bring to the track for me....so I was a bit relaxed about that...but come friday I was spitting tacks about the subframes....got a new rear....and I rang shaun and he not only came to the rescue to say he's got one I can borrow...that bloke went out of his way and got to the track real earily [as he wasn't planning to be there till later on in the day] in the morning so I could fit it and get out on the track!!! huge ups man...I'm so thankful for your support and help on the day with various other problems and issuses...

bed..... after 12 sometime..... up and 5:20am....argh!

so once we got to the track....team piston broke scored us a pit [thanks guys] I was straight into making my rather sad looking chassis into a working bike again...it took some time...and thanks to drew and gav [fizzerman and HTDboy] we got it sorted to get out in supersport qualifing for a few laps...was a bit weirod...having not ridin since last round where I got the mighty 4 laps in before binning in the scrub in session....and before that it was the july round was when I had previously ridin....so was feeling a lil sketchy to say the least...I did a couple of quiet laps and then started to up the pace a lil...then found my bike wanting to pull stoppies again under heavy braking...so when I came in...I found shaun for some advice...[he suggested some 10cc more fork oil in each fork]...shaun came over to measure my sag settings...and thats when I noticed oil on my right foot...so...blah..gavin came to the rescue with some good pit bitching skills..some arsing around removing alternater cover...and gunging it up while he sent me on a mission looking for bolts [thanks heaps nicko]...I missed qualifing for superbikes during this drama....oh well....starting from the back of the grid can't be that bad I guess??? [well not quiet...kickingzebra missed qualifing too and let me go one place in front of him].....so with the bike not leaking any more...and a lil fork oil top up...I'm suddenly lining up ready to do the warm up lap...and feeling farkin nakered...and farking stressed!!!

did the warm up lap and came round to grid up....I stopped just before the pit entrance to check to see I wasn't leaking oil...and sweet...grided up in a lonely 34 on the grid...flag drops...gained a few places straight away...spent the next few laps working my way through the feild...still wasn't comfortable with the braking because of the fork dive....so wasn't able to brake hard really....which is my main strength....and I was a lil hesitant at barreling through the corner I binned on last round too...so made my way up to 16th I think....did shit for me times of 2:05...but I was feeling a bit better towards the end with the bike...

Race 2.....was feeling a lil more relaxed.....was thinking a bit about what shaun told me earlier about calming my nerves down....as its not like I'm out to win the championship...start time...flag dropped...I saw a gap on the inside...and flew up the inside of about 8 bikes....and then nearly got run off the side of the track by some twit....he forced me on to and almost over the white line...I managed to out brake the twit and slam me bike up the inside of him in to the first turn and he had to back off...
I started picking up places...started getting in to a good grove...and by lap 5 I think...can't really remeber...I was about 5 bike lenghts from two smoker and gaining and coming out of higgins on the power....as I changed my body position for the left onto the extension something tweaked in my back and sent a roaring pain through my back...and just had to back off a lil bit....and it didn't go away...I was trying to keep on things....but was a bit tricky when my mind wasn't totally on what I was doing....two smoker was getting further and further away...and after a bit I though...nah fuck that hurts to much and sat up and put me hand up to say I was slowing and toodled around the sweeper and then the next sweeper on to the front straight to pull into the pits...with bikes passing me...about to pull in and fuck it...chequered flag was waving and though....fuck...and just gased it for a tick to cross the line...so not only was a in pain but was feeling like a tit....coz I lost a few places by not realising it was last lap...best time was a 2:02 I think....dunno where I finnished...

Till next time at taupo!!

So yeah....huge thanks to shaun harris for making it possible for me to even get on the track!!!....hdtboy [gavin your a ledgend mate!!]....team mate rossi gal....team piston broke for the pit....nicko for nuts and bolts..speedie for ya on going support and encouragment..jay lawrences crew for the fork oil....jas from motostyle for the clipons....dave anderson motorcycles...and everyone else that helped out on the day....cheers heaps

Good on you mate you seemed to be doing good from what I could see,

Yeah and just nicking your thread for a second

Thanks Shaun for the advice you gave to my brother alot of it I have even been using all that stuff you said I have In my head its funny I can Visulise the whole Center of gravity effect you talked about,

Cheers

Ivan

Shaun
29th September 2006, 20:22
[QUOTE=Ivan;768967]Good on you mate you seemed to be doing good from what I could see,

Yeah and just nicking your thread for a second

Thanks Shaun for the advice you gave to my brother alot of it I have even been using all that stuff you said I have In my head its funny I can Visulise the whole Center of gravity effect you talked about,

Cheers

Ivan

O well, there's another baffled with my Bull-hit Kool, glad it helped