PDA

View Full Version : Team Piston Broke Racing - Deano

Deano
25th September 2006, 13:33
Another good day at the track.

Race 1 - Post Classics Jnr

Qualified 9th (Jnr and Snr bikes) - but was looking at the wrong grid marker, so started almost at the rear of the field. Never mind, got a great start and was up to where I should have been after about half way through the first lap, behind team mate Drew, Barry New and Paul Martindale.

Held this position until the last lap (white flag always brings the red mist down !!) where I got Barry on the right hander before the 'back' hairpin.

I was hoping I could outbrake him and he was just about to tip his bike in when he saw and heard me on the inside.....mwahahaa

Finished 4th in Junior class.

Race 2

Chased Barry and Paul for quite a while then outbraked both of them going into Coke which I was stoked with, but then they both got me back, Barry on middle straight and Paul coming out of Higgins.

Held this position - 5th in this race.

Race 1 - F3 'Superlite'

I like the longer and tighter circuit cause the SV 650's have less of an advantage over my older 4 hundy.

I got a good start and had a great race, even managed to keep ahead of Paul M in this one and chase some of the SV's pretty hard, beating one of them.

Race 2

I was having a great race when the bike started missing at about the half way mark. Pretty sure it was the battery going flat, so I (read Drew) will have to put an alternator back into it or take a charger with me in future. Will also check the fuel pump out but should be nothing major.

Paul M got past me at Higgins and so I chased him hard into the right hander before the back hairpin, where he scraped the exhaust and binned right in front of me. He said he got the red mist after getting past me and could hear me coming back at him and just made a small mistake. It put me off a little, wondering if he was ok, and that with the misfire meant I lost another position to Paul Booth on an SV, right at the line.

Overall another great day at the track. Looking forward to Taupo now, especially as I hear it is a pretty tight circuit also. I think my suspension is pretty rooted, and my bike felt pretty horrible on the bumpy bits, but we're calling that 'feedback'. I will replace the fork oil as it probably hasn't been changed for years, and will have to get the rear shock rebuilt....or replaced with something else.

Best time for the day was 2.10.079. Rapt with that.

Thanks heaps to team mate Fizzerman (Drew), who spent hours fiddling with my shims while I was at the Philip Island MotoGP. No more smoke screen.

sugilite
25th September 2006, 13:45
Another awesome effort Deano!
Those are sweet times for a 400, way to go, sizzling bro! :2thumbsup

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 13:50
Wondered what was missing with your bike, no trail of smoke to follow through the downchanges!!!

Good riding man!!

skelstar
25th September 2006, 14:33
Cool dude. You dont look like you've only done two meets on that bike. Look real smooth and confident from a on-racer's point of view.

Was wondering...I heard a rumour that Team P&B didnt realise that they were qualifying when they were pissing around having a play on the track? Coulda heard wrong of course :).

Deano
25th September 2006, 15:50
Cool dude. You dont look like you've only done two meets on that bike. Look real smooth and confident from a on-racer's point of view.

Cheers mate. One of the Team's mottos is 'go hard or go home'.

Was wondering...I heard a rumour that Team P&B didnt realise that they were qualifying when they were pissing around having a play on the track? Coulda heard wrong of course :).

Yeah well.....they should announce it as 'qualifying', instead of 'practice'. Apparently they said practice and qualifying during the riders briefing but Drew and I didn't hear it......must have been having a nervious piss at the time...

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 15:58
All makes it more interestign when you start at the blunt end...
Makes finishing in a less blunt fashion more fun!!

Yeah, those things aren't that clear really are they? Live and learn.

skelstar
25th September 2006, 16:11
LOL...maybe the motto should be changed to "practice like you're qualifying" :)

Deano
25th September 2006, 16:18
LOL...maybe the motto should be changed to "practice like you're qualifying" :)

No matter what, keep it pinned. CFWB

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 16:21

Medical dictionary definition of CWFB as a medical term including diseases,
symptoms, treatments, and other medical and health issues.

The CFWB Constant Flow Waist Belt is used in conjunction with an air supply ... The CFWB has a flow adjustment for comfort to regulate the supply of air to ...

Thats the two closest google entries... WTF is CFWB???

Deano
25th September 2006, 16:22
Medical dictionary definition of CWFB as a medical term including diseases,
symptoms, treatments, and other medical and health issues.

The CFWB Constant Flow Waist Belt is used in conjunction with an air supply ... The CFWB has a flow adjustment for comfort to regulate the supply of air to ...

Thats the two closest google entries... WTF is CFWB???

I was quoting CrasherFromWayBack. :2thumbsup

skelstar
25th September 2006, 16:23
Can't fight with breasts?

I have a knack of picking Deanos acronyms.

kickingzebra
25th September 2006, 16:24
The simple answer eludes me! When intellect becomes a curse!

HDTboy
25th September 2006, 17:16

That's exactly what I was thinking when you saw my off track excursion in round 3.
Looking at your times, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

cowpoos
25th September 2006, 19:26
take no prisoners should be added to your motto list to bro....ya did wicked!!

Sketchy_Racer
25th September 2006, 19:56
Awesome man.......Give those Veetwins a good learning....... Cant wait to see how you go once you get your suspensions sorted!!

Two Smoker
25th September 2006, 20:20
Awesome stuff mate, sorry i didnt get a chance to catch up.... some wicked results there and i love the subframe weight reduction!!! (even though Drew told me it was how you bought it...)

Deano
26th September 2006, 09:11
Awesome stuff mate, sorry i didnt get a chance to catch up.... some wicked results there and i love the subframe weight reduction!!! (even though Drew told me it was how you bought it...)

Cheers Chris,

I was going to say g'day a bit later on but you looked pretty busy with your bike.

Entering in two classes also kept me pretty busy but the extra track time is all good.

See you at Taupo.

Rossi Gal
26th September 2006, 10:26
Wicked effort there Deano!!! man you thrash that poor wee thing haha

kickingzebra
26th September 2006, 10:46
And where pray tell might rossi gals race report be?? Hows the leg holding up?

Rossi Gal
27th September 2006, 09:59
And where pray tell might rossi gals race report be?? Hows the leg holding up?
hehe...um...i done it last night...:)
yeah tis feeling bit better thanks luf.