PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes Bay - The Mountains to the Sea Ride

Zukin
25th September 2006, 23:13
Daylight saving starts soon.... :cool:

So

I thought I would see what your thoughts are on coming on an easy adventure ride?

Hawkes Bay - The Mountains to the Sea

The rough idea is to take a ride starting in Napier on Saturday, there would be plenty of room for bikes and bodies at our house on the Friday Night for those that were keen to come up early, then on Saturday head off to find the gravel roads around Hawkes Bay.
Head inland along some good roads to the South and venturing out towards the Coast and some of the best gravel roads in the country.

Then for those that are keen for a ride on the Sunday, I thought of taking a ride up into the Kawekas and a visit to the Natural hotpools, this is a great ride and one I know you will enjoy.

Not sure on dates, so add your comments and suggestions here

Cheers

clint640
26th September 2006, 08:34
Great Idea, I'm in! Apart from Labour weekend all my weekends up to & including 4-5 Nov are free, although I wouldn't mind having a thrash on the track here at the VMCC race day 14 Oct that's not too critical.

Cheers
Clint

fazer
30th September 2006, 21:32
would it suit a newbie at adventure riding?

Zukin
1st October 2006, 10:46
Hi there

Yes it would suit an newbie, after all I havent been riding for long:2thumbsup
Its only a rough idea at the moment, but I have a good idea of where to go, there will be quite a bit of gravel :)

My bike is only a 250 so no great speed there :D

Zukin
14th October 2006, 10:01
Anyone else interested ?
I might add a poll of suitable dates and go from there

Cheers

MSTRS
14th October 2006, 11:17
We're in. In fear of gravel, that is. Hope you get lots of takers.

fazer
17th October 2006, 14:00
should have a bike by then, so that`s me in.

merv
23rd October 2006, 20:00
Well we managed the hotpools in the Kawekas part of this ride at Labour weekend as a bit of an impromptu ride - check out the report here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=37744