PDA

View Full Version : Who's good for unbendin rims?

bugjuice
26th September 2006, 22:32
wanna get the rear rim checked on the gix, see if it can be fixed, or better off getting a new one. It's not cracked anywhere (that I can see), and it's not a huge bend. I've seen racers fix worse..

So who's name is good for it?

Crasherfromwayback
26th September 2006, 22:58
wanna get the rear rim checked on the gix, see if it can be fixed, or better off getting a new one. It's not cracked anywhere (that I can see), and it's not a huge bend. I've seen racers fix worse..

Gary McPhee was the best in the business, unfortunately he's too busy now....he's the Mayor of Carterton!

bugjuice
26th September 2006, 23:03
ta.
well, some one who isn't that busy.. and prefer near auckyland would be handy

Crasherfromwayback
26th September 2006, 23:07
ta.
well, some one who isn't that busy.. and prefer near auckyland would be handy

Sorry mate....try and PM Mitch.....I'm pretty sure she got one of the wheels off her race bike straightened by a crowd in Hamilton.....she's a pretty helpfull and switched on chick when it comes to stuff like that.

Pete

bugjuice
26th September 2006, 23:09
yeah, that's a bit better..

or if anyone has a black rim for sale, or know of one..

Crasherfromwayback
26th September 2006, 23:14
yeah, that's a bit better..

or if anyone has a black rim for sale, or know of one..

Once again, just contact her she may well be in the know of a wheel available

Posh Tourer :P
27th September 2006, 07:09
Hammer..... and a spindle to check if it is round....

DEATH_INC.
27th September 2006, 07:24

Me............

DEATH_INC.
27th September 2006, 07:25
Hammer..... and a spindle to check if it is round....
Don't do this, it'll crack most likely.:(

Motu
27th September 2006, 07:32
Metal Spinners straighten rims sometimes - but that's with wheels they form themselves,dunno if they could do a cast rim.

Matt Bleck
27th September 2006, 07:43
I was talking to idrumm at the okerorie tav on sunday, and he was telling me about the guy who fixed both his rim's reckons they done an awesome job on rims he thought where rooted, sorry I can't remeber who but I'm sure if you send him a PM he'll give you there details...

Fishy
27th September 2006, 07:52
Hey Kit, there is a place in New Market called WRS (Wheel Repair Services) in the same building as Firestone I think it is. Can't remember the name of the road but it runs parallel to Khyber Pass (behind the Olympic Pools/Movie theatre).

If you can get it straightened, it will probably need repainting so just give it to me and I'll powdercoat it for you.

SPman
27th September 2006, 18:54
The crowd in Cambridge are good - they did both the SP wheels for $400 after I managed to hit a small rock on the Coromandel

Idrumm
27th September 2006, 19:24
The crowd in Cambridge are good - they did both the SP wheels for $400 after I managed to hit a small rock on the Coromandel

Yeah Mate, one of the best in NZ, did a great job on both my wheels, thought they were history bent and very bad road rash, came back painted just like new.

Wheel and Frame Cambridge (John) - 07 827 6688

The_Dover
27th September 2006, 19:31
Hey Kit, there is a place in New Market called WRS (Wheel Repair Services) in the same building as Firestone I think it is. Can't remember the name of the road but it runs parallel to Khyber Pass (behind the Olympic Pools/Movie theatre).

If you can get it straightened, it will probably need repainting so just give it to me and I'll powdercoat it for you.

carlton gore road

Zed
27th September 2006, 19:40
Someone had recommended these guys from another similar thread Kit:

Brugar Engineering Ltd
7 Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
0-9-486 6832

They recondition, repair, straighten all alloy wheels.

bugjuice
27th September 2006, 19:49
thanx y'all..
guess i have some callin n pm'in to do!!

classic zed
27th September 2006, 20:17
Someone had recommended these guys from another similar thread Kit:

Brugar Engineering Ltd
7 Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
0-9-486 6832

They recondition, repair, straighten all alloy wheels.

I have not tried them personally but I have heard excellent things about them through the trade

Two Smoker
27th September 2006, 20:20
Death (since thats the work he does for a living)

Failing that Wheel and Frame...

I think Nicko has a rear rim for sale...

Zed
27th September 2006, 20:46
Death (since thats the work he does for a living)

Failing that Wheel and Frame...

I think Nicko has a rear rim for sale...Congrats on the 5000 posts blabber mouth! :banana:

rustys
27th September 2006, 22:58
bugjuice. I would definitely recomend John Yates, 39 lake street cambridge, ph 07 827 6688. He has just straightened a front race wheel for me, and as you can see it had a rather nasty little ding. I thought it would be impossible to fix that, but he has made it like new, runs true, balances nice and i'am back racing, cheaper than replacing one of those wheels.if i could even get one now ? :niceone:

Toast
12th January 2007, 14:32
If a wheel looks basically alright:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260074288903&fromMakeTrack=true

is it still possible that it could be bent in some way? Is it possible to fix, say, a slightly bent spoke in a 3-spoke wheel?

bugjuice
12th January 2007, 14:37
don't quite get what you mean..??
but they could get fractionally bent/warped in some way... and that can be fixed ok

Toast
12th January 2007, 14:45
don't quite get what you mean..??
but they could get fractionally bent/warped in some way... and that can be fixed ok

That's pretty much what I meant :)

So, basically, if a rim still kinda looks like a rim, it's highly unlikely to be too farked to fix. Cool.

BTW: Brugar did your Gixxer rim, right? How were they?