PDA

View Full Version : VMCC Rd5...better late than never...

Rossi Gal
26th September 2006, 23:24
I didnt really know what to expect this round. some of you may have heard of my 'lil run in' with the quad bike couple weeks before. :buggerd: kinda spat me off and ran over my leg so ya could say i wasnt feeling 100% :whistle: i was told by a few, if not many, that i shouldnt race...but i thought, what the hell!! haha

so it twas another awesome day!! I had been told many a times it was gonna rain blah blah blah, i didnt wanna hear it!! (mostly cos i couldnt afford any wets) but what a pearla!!

Well what a mad morning, everyone rushing round getting last minute things done..thanks to our good mates Team Piston Broke we had a pit ready and waiting hehe (god we're lazy)

Wasnt feeling to great, but was looking forward to being on the long track again. was awesome fun last time. so went out in qualifying... that felt like it came and went pretty quickly! got back to the pits and almost fell over getting off my bike..ankle/foot/knee were all giving me greaf. wasnt too happy with my time..2:19xx, but got 6th on the grid which is my best so far, so with the bad does come good haha

Race One
got a good start, was first to the corner but let myself be bullied into the corner so couple got past. had a good lil play with one for a couple of laps. still tring to get a feel for the track again, and busy tring ways to ride without putting too much pressure on my right foot, screws everything up, bike felt all unbalanced blah blah anyway a 4th for that one. im happy. i finished it, stayed up, had fun.

Race Two
better start, didnt let them past me this time, think i was first to the corner, second coming out. i had decided this time that i couldnt try and keep pressure off my foot, if i was going out i just had to hack it. so i hardened up after the first lap and picked up the pace. was a great race, i really enjoy the longer ones. allows you to really get into a flow. so again another 4th but better lap times. 2:15xx so four seconds off my qualifying. knew i could have done better, but all things considered i was just stoked that i could actually get out there!!

all in all another brilliant day. just gotta say a BIG thank you to everyone that helped out!! too many to name, but without you all itd be a tough road.

Till next time!!
Adios

Crasherfromwayback
26th September 2006, 23:32
got a good start, was first to the corner but let myself be bullied into the corner so couple got past. Till next time!!
Adios

Never let yourself get 'bullied' in the first corner!

They fewer you have in front of you at the start, the fewer you have to pass later.

Even if you've gotta ruin a race start by going up the inside of everyone and going too deep on the brakes and running everyone else wide.

At least they'll all then think you're a loose unit and give you room next time!

Trust me.

Rossi Gal
26th September 2006, 23:38
haha i will next time. promise!! i just gotta think that they arent gonna crash into me hehe

Crasherfromwayback
26th September 2006, 23:45
They won't....they'll all be fearing for their own safety!

It helps if your leathers are covered in scuff marks too!

Feel free to borrow mine!

Rossi Gal
26th September 2006, 23:54
They won't....they'll all be fearing for their own safety!

It helps if your leathers are covered in scuff marks too!

Feel free to borrow mine!

:whistle: yeah well, thanks for the offer...but mine have a few of their own hehe...maybe ill put a sticker on my back saying "crazy woman rider..bewear" haha

Goblin
26th September 2006, 23:55
Wicked shit!!:2thumbsup Awesome effort Girl!

Crasherfromwayback
27th September 2006, 00:07
:whistle: yeah well, thanks for the offer...but mine have a few of their own hehe...maybe ill put a sticker on my back saying "crazy woman rider..bewear" haha

Nah....just strap a white cane to the side of your bike.

Motoracer
27th September 2006, 00:28
Stellar effort there Arrz!

I was a bit concerned for you cause of your ankle but like I said, you know what's best for you. Maximum respect for sucking up the pain and discomfert and giving it a go anyway.

Get better and see you soon!

slowpoke
27th September 2006, 02:47
..maybe ill put a sticker on my back saying "crazy woman rider..bewear" haha

You better make the writing real big 'cos it's hard to read as you ride off into the distance!
Do you know the throttle goes both ways? If you turn it clockwise (looking from bar end) you actually slow down a bit....yeah, I thought that might come as a suprise.

Another stellar performance Aria, great effort.

skelstar
27th September 2006, 09:06
Awesome Aria. Great to watch you as ever. Can't believe you raced on that ankle...you looked pretty sore :).

cowpoos
27th September 2006, 13:03
ya did awesome as usual!!!

dickytoo
27th September 2006, 13:59
At least they'll all then think you're a loose unit and give you room next time!

Trust me.

This man speaks the truth:D . He used to be called Kamikazi McDonald in another life:eek5:

kiwifruit
27th September 2006, 14:02
good stuff Aria! :cool:
see you at Taupo

kickingzebra
27th September 2006, 15:00
Now that leg story was all good, and nearly believeable, but when you bought out the crutch, and all the boys started batting their eyes....

Hehehe, Nah, good on you grill!! I know you can beat that bandit next time, give it heaps!

You did awesome all considered!

Rossi Gal
27th September 2006, 17:42
Now that leg story was all good, and nearly believeable, but when you bought out the crutch, and all the boys started batting their eyes....

Hehehe, Nah, good on you grill!! I know you can beat that bandit next time, give it heaps!

You did awesome all considered!
shhhh you!! i wasnt gonna say anything bout the crutch..i was tring to sound tough!! hehe
you did bloody well yaself cheeky!!

Crasherfromwayback
27th September 2006, 19:28
This man speaks the truth:D . He used to be called Kamikazi McDonald in another life:eek5:

Pah...only by you perhaps. Everyone else used words like 'cabbage', 'dickhead', 'crasher', 'prick' and 'pisshead'.

Oh...and occasionally 'Pete'.

But thanks for the compliment Richard!

Hope you're feeing better after that bout of the flu.

Go Rossi Gal...!!!