PDA

View Full Version : 250 ride, by popular demand

Maverick
27th September 2006, 09:44
Here is the next 250 ride, next weekend sometime, if you dont get an invite let me know,

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-10-7&e=954&c=1
Wont be as long as the last one, just a local trip out for lunch, so good for learner riders,

Hope to see you all there,
:cool:
Mav

Jeaves
27th September 2006, 10:48
im in for this one :cool:

ben
27th September 2006, 11:33
im in too:ride:

McJim
27th September 2006, 11:46
I'll make an effort to be there (family obligations permitting!) so you don't get completely surrounded by 2 strokes.

Maverick
27th September 2006, 16:12
ok, most invites sent,
PM me if I have accidentally missed you out :)
Or bitch on here :Pokey:

Theatre
27th September 2006, 17:31
Poor timing, should have it on the other day, or on both days! Oh well, waiting a week or two never hurt anyone :p

Black Bandit
27th September 2006, 20:59
Mmm, been a while - looking forward to it!

gijoe1313
27th September 2006, 23:00
Wheee! Any excuse to go on a ride! Short, long - as long as it's safe! :scooter: :soon:

Maverick
28th September 2006, 09:26
Im impatient already,
Hopefully the weather geanie will pull out another great day!
After Justins comments last time about feeling like a rider of Rohan coming through the fog, and McJims not quite so appreciable comments, I will endevour to avoid a course through the misty mountains this time. :cool:

Maverick
28th September 2006, 09:29
Woot! My first Hardcore Biker star! And 4 boxes of Bling!
Tis a good day!

Jeaves
28th September 2006, 10:41
Im impatient already,
After Justins comments last time about feeling like a rider of Rohan coming through the fog, and McJims not quite so appreciable comments, I will endevour to avoid a course through the misty mountains this time. :cool:

counting the days for sure .

McJim
28th September 2006, 11:38
Im impatient already,
The comments about the effin' fog were in jest - don't take it so seriously man!:Pokey:

Would you believe it....he never even sent me a PM about the ride OR the route....guess I've been drummed out of the 250 club:crybaby:

Maverick
28th September 2006, 11:59
The comments about the effin' fog were in jest - don't take it so seriously man!:Pokey:

Would you believe it....he never even sent me a PM about the ride OR the route....guess I've been drummed out of the 250 club:crybaby:

LOL, Actually McJim made the original invite list and forgot to put himself on it, Details now sent! :)

gijoe1313
28th September 2006, 15:16
Hey! I enjoyed the fog! Need to learn to ride in all conditions and with personalities like McJim, I do mean all conditions!

I think we need more sights where attractive members of the opposite sex baring more flesh is needed ... or failing that, some nice twisties which can be taken safely with interesting bits to look at...human anatomy or no!

Oh, yeah. Did I mention? Any excuse to go for a bike ride (now if only I could strap my MTB to my ride!)

McJim
28th September 2006, 15:32
Oh, yeah. Did I mention? Any excuse to go for a bike ride (now if only I could strap my MTB to my ride!)

http://www.montagueco.com/productpara.html

Check this fugger out dude - might be able to fashion a rack for it?

Mole_C
29th September 2006, 16:08
Ill prob come along for my first KB ride :cool:
PM me with details please.

disenfranchised
29th September 2006, 22:58
Where do you plan to meet? and roughly what time?

gijoe1313
29th September 2006, 23:30
http://www.montagueco.com/productpara.html

Check this fugger out dude - might be able to fashion a rack for it?

Crapola! That is the shizzle! It'd tuck in nicely next to the bi-section surfboard! :lol: Just saw the airliner case you can stick it in!

lukelin250
1st October 2006, 20:39
id be keen to come out for the ride is it invite only or open to anyone?? itll be my first ride with a group.

Prof - R
2nd October 2006, 15:11
hey guys well it be good go out for another ride the last was great so is it for sat or sun :wari:

Jeaves
3rd October 2006, 09:38
Hopefully ill be able to make it , depends if i fix the bike and my shoulder in time , :weep:

McJim
3rd October 2006, 09:43
How many of you North shore fellas will be along?

It might be a good idea for you guys to meet and come across as a bunch to act as meatshield for any less experienced riders. There's a fair bit of motorway to get along.

Jeeves - how bent is your bike?

Jeaves
3rd October 2006, 10:02
How many of you North shore fellas will be along?

It might be a good idea for you guys to meet and come across as a bunch to act as meatshield for any less experienced riders. There's a fair bit of motorway to get along.

Jeeves - how bent is your bike?

Well i could ride it right now no probs , just doesnt have any electrics plus a bent exhaust and some front fairing/headlamp surround damage. I can fix it all , just depends if i can sort the electrics in time.

That and i need a new helmet + boots :2thumbsup

We'll see how i go.

toymachine
3rd October 2006, 14:52
I've still got a worrying rattle after sustained high rpm so i'm not sure at this point

Jeaves
3rd October 2006, 14:59
I've still got a worrying rattle after sustained high rpm so i'm not sure at this point

doesnt sound good....done a bearing ?

toymachine
3rd October 2006, 16:10
My steering bearings shot but that's been like that since I got it...

I'm thinking maybe cam chain...

lukelin250
3rd October 2006, 16:26
im from north shore and will be coming along not keen to be a meat shield but maybe a drafting shield for someone slower,,get them in the slipstream n all haha, good idea for a group to come down together make things a bit safer,,,nyone else from the shore???

Jonny Rotten
3rd October 2006, 18:52
where are you ladys planning on heading

what day is it on....... might drag myself along if im invited

gijoe1313
4th October 2006, 15:00
W00ters! Just gotten back from Wellywood - 1400km + and I still want to keep riding! Yippee! Ride this weekend , oh happy happy, joy joy! Great to see plenty of riders on this one - looking forward to meeting and greeting hehe :Pokey:

Searchin'
4th October 2006, 15:59
Yeah, it's looking good for me at the moment.

Just got to balance the wifes desire to go horse riding in the afternoon... I may have to peal off early if it comes down to it.

Maha
4th October 2006, 16:07
im from north shore and will be coming along not keen to be a meat shield but maybe a drafting shield for someone slower,,get them in the slipstream n all haha, good idea for a group to come down together make things a bit safer,,,nyone else from the shore???

:killingme :killingme thats funny mate, especially the 'slipstream' bit....:lol:
Here...have some 'bling' ya comedian......:cool:
Let me be the first to award you greenies....i hate purple

El Dopa
4th October 2006, 18:38
I'm coming from the shore. If anyone is interested in a northside meetup, I suggest the empty space next to Holeshot on Barry's Pt rd.

lukelin250
4th October 2006, 19:53
yeah next to holeshot im in,decide a time when the meeting details are finalised for the proper one.

Mole_C
4th October 2006, 20:00
Which day is it btw? I got some noises which i gotta get looked at sat so might not be able to come if there anything bad :crybaby:

Searchin'
4th October 2006, 20:18
Jeeez... I haven't ridden in over a week and Im itching to get going!

Black Bandit
4th October 2006, 20:44

Yeah, weather's been shite lately - the crud on all the roads after storm this weekend also been a bit intimidating. All the driveways along waitakere rd have dumped gravel onto the roads.:mad:

gijoe1313
4th October 2006, 21:12

A WEEK!!? :sick: I'd get :crybaby: :weep: :eek5: :sweatdrop :bash: if'n I didn't ride my two wheels every day!

Total Weeks riding so far : 7
Total Km travelled : 8600

But...I'm a crazy riding fool :Pokey: Can't...stop...riding...must...keep....riding!

A week... :gob:

Disco Dan
4th October 2006, 21:26
k im keen, how long a ride???? :banana:

Is this open to all KB'ers?? Would be first KB ride :)
Im in Westgate area... common place to meet up before a ride ;)

Please PM me details, ta

nagaraya
4th October 2006, 22:31
Pretty keen as well. PM with details please!

I'm coming from the shore. If anyone is interested in a northside meetup, I suggest the empty space next to Holeshot on Barry's Pt rd.

Im also from the shore. Msg me if some of you guys are meeting up beforehand over at Barry's Pt.

Searchin'
5th October 2006, 07:21
Woa! If we get many more people it might be worthwhile all chipping in for some steaks and sending a car ahead to set up a barbecue at a beach or park or something.

McJim
5th October 2006, 07:32
k im keen, how long a ride???? :banana:

Is this open to all KB'ers?? Would be first KB ride :)
Im in Westgate area... common place to meet up before a ride ;)

Please PM me details, ta

Yep the run is open to all KBers - it's 250 themed but everyone is welcome.

Ride will be a couple of hours then lunch then another couple of hours max.

I won't be there this weekend - gotta see a man about a cage at the weekend (finally found someone to take the FTO off my hands).

Looks like we've got 2 meeting points on the shore so far (the one mentioned on the thread and the one being organised in the shadows!) I'll get onto it tonight if I survive Dover's goat track GP and try to PM all you North Shore dudes so you all know what day and time to meet.

Laters....

Maverick
5th October 2006, 07:51
I have sent a few more invites to those riders who were asking for info, im sure some of you can arrange a meeting time and place on the shore before heading out west,

Mav :cool:

The Pastor
5th October 2006, 11:51
If my bike was working i'd defenitly be there!

250 rides are the best kb rides. less/No dickheads tying to be the next rossi.

Alas my bike is munted :( hope you all have awesome ride take heaps of photos too!

SwanTiger
5th October 2006, 12:09
If my bike was working i'd defenitly be there!

250 rides are the best kb rides. less/No dickheads tying to be the next rossi.

Alas my bike is munted :( hope you all have awesome ride take heaps of photos too!

I agree with your 250 rides comment.

But wasn't it you who crashed on the one I organised trying to keep up with someone on a 250? I can't believe that happened right in front of me either, I was too busy trying to get that wasp/bee out of my visor. Just remember seeing you on the wrong side of the road and me thinking "What the fuck is this idiot doing"

The Pastor
5th October 2006, 12:21
I agree with your 250 rides comment.

But wasn't it you who crashed on the one I organised trying to keep up with someone on a 250? I can't believe that happened right in front of me either, I was too busy trying to get that wasp/bee out of my visor. Just remember seeing you on the wrong side of the road and me thinking "What the fuck is this idiot doing"

Its not a crash if you don't fall off, it was a traffic inicident.

El Dopa
5th October 2006, 18:13
Im also from the shore. Msg me if some of you guys are meeting up beforehand over at Barry's Pt.

Anyone who wants to meet up at Barry's Pt for an M/way cruise to the proper meeting place, drop me a PM.

It should be a comfortable 1/2 hr cruise from Barrys Pt.

Maverick
6th October 2006, 09:14
Will today never end? :crybaby:
Im so impatient for the weekend! :cool:

Jeaves
6th October 2006, 12:03

Looks like the weather should be good for yas :sunny:

nagaraya
6th October 2006, 14:31

Just a few more hours.... Bring on the weekend!

Maha
6th October 2006, 14:33
Just a few more hours.... Bring on the weekend!

Started for me at 1pm....... i love my work.......:banana:

McJim
6th October 2006, 14:40
Gonna miss this one unfortunately - jealous. Will keep an eye out for you fellas on the day (I'll be heading North over the harbour bridge in my bright red FTO - soon to be sold/swapped).

do your thing - PM Maverick for details if you don't already have them.

Fub@r
6th October 2006, 18:07
I'm in for this one as long as its Sunday................

rookie
7th October 2006, 12:39
Hey guys, hope you all have a good one.

Again i'm not gonna be showing up for a ride...even though the weather is meant to be mint!!

Thanks for the invite mav and best of luck with the ride guys....take it easy...I've got a (push bike) race tomorrow so would be good if you could chuck some luck back my way.

Searchin'
7th October 2006, 13:25
luck mate.

gijoe1313
7th October 2006, 13:34
Good luck for the race! Kick some arse, and take some names! Just remember to shave those legs before kicking off! :chase:

Mole_C
7th October 2006, 14:11
What time are us north shore guys meeting at Holeshot? I don't really know how long it takes to get from here out to the start point so someone else suggest a time and ill try haul my ass outa bed and get there. Spectrum says my cam chain should be fine for the ride as long as i don't rape it to much :2thumbsup so as long as i dont brake my bike doing my oil and filter and chain lube then ill be there :banana:

McJim
7th October 2006, 15:18
Good luck rookie - hope you use proper Italian componentry and don't use any of that Shitmano stuff!

Mole_C
7th October 2006, 18:32
so as long as i dont brake my bike doing my oil and filter and chain lube then ill be there :banana:

Damn, should have been holding onto something wooden when i said that :crybaby: It should still be alright for the ride so i hope to see you guys there :)

Jonny Rotten
7th October 2006, 18:42
right im coming along tomorrow and ill bring a lady with me whos new to ridding who is doin very well and might show some of you how to ride.........

can someone provide me with directions on how to get to the bp?

cheers

Jonny Rotten
7th October 2006, 18:45
What time are us north shore guys meeting at Holeshot? I don't really know how long it takes to get from here out to the start point so someone else suggest a time and ill try haul my ass outa bed and get there. Spectrum says my cam chain should be fine for the ride as long as i don't rape it to much :2thumbsup so as long as i dont brake my bike doing my oil and filter and chain lube then ill be there :banana:

have you got that bike sorted yet........if you need any help i offer free service instuctions aslong as you provide the tools

El Dopa
7th October 2006, 19:52
can someone provide me with directions on how to get to the bp?

cheers

www.wises.co.nz

And fill in the blank boxes as appropriate.:)

Searchin'
7th October 2006, 20:48
have you got that bike sorted yet........if you need any help i offer free service instuctions aslong as you provide the tools
You sir, are a champion.

toymachine
7th October 2006, 20:51
Got a birthday to go to in the morning :(

Oh well

Jonny Rotten
7th October 2006, 21:57
You sir, are a champion.

thanks mate!!! just like to help out other bikers where i can..... a lil knowlage goes along way sometimes

The Joka
8th October 2006, 14:00
Cheers all had a great ride!:banana: Let me know of any others

philandles (at) xtra (dot) co (dot) nz

Especially on the way back with HELLRAISER and the GSXR600 sorry dude didn't catch your name.

Hope the pace was okay? any tips you can give me would be awesome

Black Bandit
8th October 2006, 17:14
Hmm. Another good event I thought. Good to see some new faces. Now you noobs just need to learn to keep up :blip: :shake: Just joking of course, I'm still a noob too - the more you ride the twisties the better you'll get, I'm proof of that I think :scratch: . There are no shortcuts. I don't know about that gorge before Kaiawa though - I must have got every corner wrong. Too fast, too slow, this is a tight one - doh no it isn't, this is a wide corner- double doh no it isn't. Does that freaking road ever dry out or not have clay spread all over the place???

I got sunburnt waiting for my lunch, oh well - summer's here. Did anyone else see that sprots car as we were heading back into botany - OMFG - an Aston Martin I think??? DROOL

For those that missed the turn - you know who you are - hope you all got home OK.:lol:

Well done Mav - you sure do pick the good weather days.

For those who didn't come along ... :violin:

El Dopa
8th October 2006, 17:54
Yep, that was good.

Felt a lot more comfortable with the bike and riding by the end of the day. I really must get out more.

When's the next one?

Fub@r
8th October 2006, 18:08
Awesome day, thanks for organising it Marv.

Even mamaged to get the old Ginny to 130kph today :banana:

And before anyone says it there was no tail wind and I wasn't going down hill :cool:

McJim
8th October 2006, 18:17
Awesome day, thanks for organising it Marv.

Even mamaged to get the old Ginny to 130kph today :banana:

And before anyone says it there was no tail wind and I wasn't going down hill :cool:

That Nitrous Oxide really is the shizzle innit?

Searchin'
8th October 2006, 18:31
Yep, cheers Mav awesome day.

Looking forward to the next one now. The bast part is meeting all the other keen riders. So cheers everyone for making it as relaxing and enjoyable as it was.
:)

Maverick
8th October 2006, 18:35
Cheers to all those who came, was a really nice ride, Hope everyone got home safe,

Mav :cool:

Mole_C
8th October 2006, 19:51
Cheers guys, was a good ride. Now that i've got my knee down :whistle: i won't have to try again for a while... Hopefully

gijoe1313
8th October 2006, 20:00
It was 0730 in the briefing room, corked a look and the weather was cloudy - not bringing my tail gunner this time! Wheeled out of the aerodrome and chocks away to BP Botany!

The Squadron had already assembled and the usual war stories of "Bag the Hun" was bandied about. Such a spiffing collection of chaps! Squadron Commander called us in and outlined the plan of attack.

A basic CAP divided into the fast attack elements covering the lower altitude flyers! I volunteered as Tail Gunner and would hang back to cover the six!

With helmets donned, engines turned over, 1st flight was away sharpish. One of our chaps in the 2nd flight needed to get the boffins to do a quick bump start to get his machine going.

Chocks Away! Toodle pip and all that tommy rot what!

Off to Whitford and a nice little pootling pace was set, riders jockeyed for position and the correct altitude, attitude and speed was attained. No bandits ('cept for those on our side! :msn-wink:) and the weather was clear. Bugger. Should have brought my tail gunner along as well for my tail gun position!

All was fine and well, plenty of stops and patient leading by Maverick. It wasn't until Kaiaua gorge we struck mishap. First rider lowsided on a hairpin, well recovered quickly and his riding leathers held up for its first bin test! The worst part was the corpulent smell of death welling up from the drop over the edge (or was that from the pants of lowsider? :lol:). Smoko for those "roll 'em if you got 'em". A late appearance by Rusty appeared quickly and joined our erstwhile ride. I made the observation about good gear and its protective qualities...which I should have knocked on wood for later!

Sqd Ldr Maverick led our intrepid crew to Kaiaua and a refreshment stop was made, liquids imbibed, vittles consumed - we rode off anew! Tally Ho!

To the Hunuas we rode, wind breezing past, the asphalt blacklining beneath, the thunderous roar of engines enticing the Gods of the Ride. And woe! Another of our number lowsided around a corner - fence holding him back from a proper tumble down an incline. Cor Lumme! It seems hes okay too! Bless his Asphalt Angel! No gloves! Scratches on his hand, a bit lip and a reflective mood about how he bailed and learnt from it. Bike up, dinged a bit and got it going. Other riders doing 180 and coming back for hard intel.

At this point Sqd Ldr Mav and crew met at Clevedon RV, decisions made - I tail gunner peeled off to sheperd lost sheep back to my home base for quick repair and escort lost sheep back to pen.

Time spent of First Aid for lost sheep : 5 minutes
Time spent on Repairs to ride : 1 hour
Making new aquaintance for biking : priceless! :2thumbsup

Suffice to say, though my ride was cut short - it was gratefully paid to ensure fellow future biker was restored to riding condition! Congrats to both binners for getting right back on and doing the ride through, was great to meet and greet old faces and get out for a blat!

Next time, wear gears, bring your bike and I can't wait until the next one!
:woohoo:

Toodle pip chaps, off for a spot of tea and a listen to the old wireless! Vera Lynn shall we begin?

Jonny Rotten
8th October 2006, 20:06
For those that missed the turn - you know who you are - hope you all got home OK.:lol:

ba ha ha i really needed to releave myself at that point in time so flat out to the nearest loo it was

Jonny Rotten
8th October 2006, 20:12
good to meet you all... thanks mav for organizing the ride you did a great job........

and just to add to the photo album.....

Mole_C
8th October 2006, 21:25
First rider lowsided on a hairpin, well recovered quickly and his riding leathers held up for its first bin test! The worst part was the corpulent smell of death welling up from the drop over the edge (or was that from the pants of lowsider? ).

They don't make roads like they used to. When did they start putting these damn high roads everywhere :whistle: It was a good lesson anyway, hopefully it won't happen again and if i can come away with just a few scratches on my bike and gear and no damage to me then its all good. A couple of minutes rest and hearing my bike still running took away any bad thoughts and i enjoyed the rest of the day :2thumbsup

I can assure it was not my pants, there still fresh as a daisy :Pokey:

gijoe1313
8th October 2006, 21:45
I can assure it was not my pants, there still fresh as a daisy :Pokey:

TMI! But thanks for sharing ... it would have gone anon but for you to bring it up!? :lol:

Seriously though, good on ya for getting back onto the ride and having a wee think to collect your thoughts on what went wrong and what you needed to do right!

So...when are you going to get the boots to match your leathers? :msn-wink:

Fub@r
8th October 2006, 21:47
TMI! But thanks for sharing ... it would have gone anon but for you to bring it up!? :lol:

Seriously though, good on ya for getting back onto the ride and having a wee think to collect your thoughts on what went wrong and what you needed to do right!

Coming from the guy that last time ran that corner extremely wide :banana:

gijoe1313
8th October 2006, 21:49
Coming from the guy that last time ran that corner extremely wide :banana:

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me! :doh: oh yeah, don' forget on the 2nd day out on my ride, I binned it into mud going at 30kph...after making the first turn of a S-bend and getting target fixation on a power pole... double :doh: :doh:

so...I plead the fifth...and... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Mole_C
8th October 2006, 21:56

Was actually looking at some of Quasimoto's boots a minute ago. Gonna shop around and try get some that ill be able to wear around all day so i don't have to cary a change of shoes with me :2thumbsup Works going back to normal next weekend so i should have some money to buy them soon :banana:

xwhatsit
8th October 2006, 22:00
Hi chaps,

I'll start by introducing myself as Lowsider #2! :cool: Yeah. Not so fun. Getting gloves ASAP! And some waterproof trousers + jacket as well... my delivery driver at work on a scooter has some nice RJays with armour plating as well. Lesson learned RE: gear.

Despite being embarrassed by my bloody bike being even more reluctant to start than usual, and further embarrassed by pwning myself out of sheer fear to lean the bike any further, I had a ball. Thanks to Maverick for organising the ride; I feel (besides the bin) that I learned a lot about riding and cornering and I feel, despite the bin, a lot more comfortable riding around town now. After the ride I went from Mangere Bridge to Remuera (and home again at night) and despite sore hands and arse I felt better about riding that route than I did before.

Although everybody on the ride was great, and really helpful, I have to say big kudos to GIJoe... as soon as I binned he was there straight away, checking that everything was OK with me, giving me a hand with a bike, a calm voice in my ear. Not only that but afterwards he led me, by myself, all the way to his house, where he gave me something to drink, lent spare gloves until I get my own, wing mirrors (!!!), first aid, repairs, and, most valuably, a lot of his time. Food was even offered ^_^. He then escorted me all the way back to my place, to make sure I got there in one piece. Thanks heaps, you're a champ mate.

So yeah, thanks to everybody for their patience with me, I did have a great time besides a little drama, cheers,

-Tom

gijoe1313
8th October 2006, 22:02
Was actually looking at some of Quasimoto's boots a minute ago. Gonna shop around and try get some that ill be able to wear around all day so i don't have to cary a change of shoes with me :2thumbsup Works going back to normal next weekend so i should have some money to buy them soon :banana:

On ya Mole..Moleeeeee...Moooolllleeee... (Austin Powers) . Yeah I got my pair from Quasi too, in fact, I rode down to try them on and pick them up! :lol: And my gloves...and was thinking about the leathers...damn..Quasimoto/Quasievil!

gijoe1313
8th October 2006, 22:07
Thanks heaps, your a champ mate.

So yeah, thanks to everybody for their patience with me, I did have a great time besides a little drama, cheers,

-Tom

:doh:
:whistle: :innocent: :sweatdrop :o

Hey, hey, hey HEY!!!! This was...um...meant to be a secret!! Dang...now I'm embarassed :o

Just glad to know you were alright...I was having flashbacks and cold sweats when #1 happened...and I was just settling in okay when #2....AIEEEEEE!!! The horror...the horror! Oh, the humanity of it all!:crybaby:

And now, for something completely different!

andrea
8th October 2006, 22:20
Cheers all had a great ride!:banana: Let me know of any others

philandles (at) xtra (dot) co (dot) nz

Especially on the way back with HELLRAISER and the GSXR600 sorry dude didn't catch your name.

Hope the pace was okay? any tips you can give me would be awesome
his names Leong :) that gsxr600k6 is the bomb aye:2thumbsup

nagaraya
8th October 2006, 22:35
Thanks again for letting me ride with you guys. :2thumbsup By the way I had the black cbr250 that was going painfully slow. I guess it had something to do with the 1st bin and made me just back it up on the twisties. But on the ride back i managed to keep up (though not as fast as i would want to be).

Kudos to Mav who organised the ride and for the rest of the group who managed to keep it together (Gijoe green rep coming your way).

Got a few pics of the ride to post as well unless anyone has any objections to seeing their pics posted up? For now I'll just put up the one pic that doesn't show anyone's face on it.

PS: Just hope the other two guys who binned today didnt get put off the 2wheelers. At any rate you guys will probably have learnt more from the ride than I have (although I did manage to make my chicken strips smaller).

xwhatsit
8th October 2006, 22:55
Lol, I remember stopping there... but my bike isn't in the photo, so I assume I'm further down the road trying to roll start the bike hahah. What fun. I didn't know you binned? Was that today?

Fub@r
8th October 2006, 23:05
At least you have had your bin, I still have mine to look forward to :(

As for my next ride it wont be till xmas time look forward to seeing you all again :)

nagaraya
8th October 2006, 23:21
Lol, I remember stopping there... but my bike isn't in the photo, so I assume I'm further down the road trying to roll start the bike hahah. What fun. I didn't know you binned? Was that today?

Nah I didn't bin it today. I was just referring to the one when we were heading up to Kaiaua.

By the way here are the photos you wanted:cool: (if you zoom in on the 1st one you can slightly see mav, mole and part of your bike in the distance)

Mole_C
8th October 2006, 23:24
yea chuck them all up, i dont mind people seeing me or my bike with its newly added character :cool:

nagaraya
8th October 2006, 23:32
yea chuck them all up, i dont mind people seeing me or my bike with its newly added character :cool:
Here's one that might spark your interest...

Maverick
9th October 2006, 07:05
Amazing! McJim wasnt there, yet he STILL managed to get in the Photos! :)
:Pokey:

I guess he was with us "In spirit"

Maybe thats what the smell was...?

Hellraiser
9th October 2006, 07:30
Hey Mav great ride again........

sorry i had to cut it short but the great race was just that one GREAT race, It must be gutting for all the holden FAGS that a ford was the first to win the Peter Broock Trophy.

Bring on the next one .......... maybe at Pukekohe Raceway this time Mav? :yes: :yes: :yes:

RIP Mark Porter a man taken well before his time

McJim
9th October 2006, 07:50
Looks like I missed a fun-filled day. Mind you - looking at all of those fully faired bikes that turned up I would have been left behind on my wee naked 250!

toymachine
9th October 2006, 07:50
Looks like yous had a blast...

No overly serious bins seemingly so that's a plus. Just remember these are learner friendly rides so never feel too pressured to go beyond your limits; which of course doesn't mean don't push them every now and then ;)

Searchin'
9th October 2006, 11:38
Well at least your halensteins jacket came off alright eh? ;)

gijoe1313
9th October 2006, 12:14
Looks like I missed a fun-filled day. Mind you - looking at all of those fully faired bikes that turned up I would have been left behind on my wee naked 250!

Yeah, the mighty ginny was making 130! I was traipsing at the rear and minding my business, was fun watching Rusty doing the moving on up the line thang. I enjoyed riding tail gunner- gives me more time to take in the scene! Just not the binning stuff though!

Fub@r : don't give it too much thought, just keep it rubber side down!

xwhatsit
9th October 2006, 21:24
Yeah, fully faired bikes pfffft! Despite not really being able to go around the corners very quick due to my own lack of skill, along the straights the old CB250RS pooted along at about 130kph too once, at least when it wasn't going straight into the wind... on occasion I found that ducking my head down made it a bit easier hahaha. Of course there were many times when I had the throttle right open and the speedo just didn't want to go above 80kph, no matter how much I whispered compliments to the bike.

Btw sorry to everybody for the starting problems I was having, holding you guys up... today I went to Repco, chucked a new plug in, started first go. The previous plug lasted about 3 days, so there's some issues going on that I need to sort out. See you some time down the track, with some nice solid gear and a bike that doesn't eat sparkplugs like I eat takoyaki...

lukelin250
9th October 2006, 21:27
totally gutted i had to miss this one guys, was way too hungova:beer: im a bit concerned at the amount of crashes happening on the kb rides lately, been hearing more than a few have been happening, whats goin on.. ny plans for more rides coming up??

toymachine
9th October 2006, 21:49
totally gutted i had to miss this one guys, was way too hungova:beer: im a bit concerned at the amount of crashes happening on the kb rides lately, been hearing more than a few have been happening, whats goin on.. ny plans for more rides coming up??

Don't let it get to you heh

I don't think i've been on a KB ride that was without incident... hell has there been one...

The 250 rides are the best chance for us learners to get into the group ride thing, and the fact we are learning lends itself to the odd off. As long as you're not silly (not alot to prove in this bunch really :P) it'll be fine... and if you are and get away with it, well... :whistle:

duckaddict
9th October 2006, 22:44
It was a good ride, especially the crowd. Thanks to Mav, Gijoe, etc.

:2thumbsup

Well at least your halensteins jacket came off alright eh? ;)

You sure? I thought it was from Glassons :lol:

Don't let it get to you heh

I don't think i've been on a KB ride that was without incident... hell has there been one...

The 250 rides are the best chance for us learners to get into the group ride thing, and the fact we are learning lends itself to the odd off. As long as you're not silly (not alot to prove in this bunch really :P) it'll be fine... and if you are and get away with it, well... :whistle:

Totally, can't agree more! If you ride within your limits (and not be silly) and made a mistake on a turn... hell, it could even happen to V. Rossi.

...the more you ride the twisties the better you'll get...

Yup, and if you are doing above 40k - don't be afraid to lean!

...and a bike that doesn't eat sparkplugs like I eat takoyaki...

When we were at one of the stops, I knew I saw someone having a bbq (with all the smoke), just couldn't figure out what's cooking :lol:

here goes... :lol: ...

-JC & Eleanor-
10th October 2006, 08:16
heya guys and girls, new to the scene and would like to come out on the next 250 ride... is this message directly to you mavrick??

thanks team :)

gijoe1313
10th October 2006, 08:22
heya guys and girls, new to the scene and would like to come out on the next 250 ride... is this message directly to you mavrick??

Good on ya! Always room for more - rides are organised all the time by Sqd Ldr Maverick (he has the famous weather genie!), try and view the group riding DVD thats free from road transport... lemme find the link....

heres a good site posted before but check it out!

http://www.rideforever.co.nz/community/index.html

And from the ACC site :

http://www.acc.co.nz/wcm001/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=WCM001268&ssSourceNodeId=4118

Prof - R
10th October 2006, 18:23
:banana: :banana: :banana: well once again it was aawesome ride thanks to all the guys thats help put it togather .. was good see & meet new faces .. sure as everyone else cant wait for the next ride :banana: :banana: :banana:

El Dopa
10th October 2006, 18:26

No, we can all read it.

Click on 'Maverick' on one of his posts. You'll get a drop-down menu. Click on 'Private Message'.

rookie
10th October 2006, 20:08
Good luck for the race! Kick some arse, and take some names! Just remember to shave those legs before kicking off! :chase:

I am actually one of the very very few in the hairy leg club

how many k's has the bike done??Mine had done 43000, was rattling a bit so i just had the tensioner replaced...was recommded by a bike shop that the cam chain can last for decent few kays more and it only cost 130 including labour so they saved me a few bucks too

Good luck rookie - hope you use proper Italian componentry and don't use any of that Shitmano stuff!

nah mate....dura-ace all the way

-JC & Eleanor-
11th October 2006, 13:49
hey bro, count me in brother!!! ill ride up with luke, (lukenin250) is that sweet....

cheers jc

lukelin250
11th October 2006, 21:49
yo where we ridin jc??? wooohooo ridin cANT hardly wait,,

jc and lukelin a.k.a the HBC GENTLEMENS CLUB

Merwood
11th October 2006, 22:02
hey im to lazy to read or open the calender link :2thumbsup someone wanna shoot me a quick pm regarding this ride :banana: chur

lukelin250
11th October 2006, 22:21
i dont think there is one. quick someone organise another 250 ride. how about a north shore riders 250 ride??? seems like theres a few northys. hey nyone keen to go for a ride theres a really good one every thur night 6.30pm starting at westgate shell finishing at speights ale house in albany for drinks and food. went last week for first time and hada blast its open to anyone so id really recomend it lads.!!!

McJim
13th October 2006, 07:20
That's not a bad idea lukelin. Mav plans his runs every fortnight - there's no reason why there shouldn't be a 250 run on the shore on the weekend when there's no run out South.

Because the theme is Learner Friendly it was a shame that some poor souls had to brave the bridge and motorway to get to the start of the run when they were still on their "Learner Legs".

(edit) Ah. I read the ATNR thread - may be a wee while before you're able to organise a North Shore 250 run eh?

lukelin250
13th October 2006, 16:59
yeah mcjim a wee while laddy,,, 27 days to go,,,, yeah only a month mate ,,,that atnr thread is on fire at the moment alotta controversy its well worth a read :lol:

El Dopa
13th October 2006, 19:01
That's not a bad idea lukelin. Mav plans his runs every fortnight - there's no reason why there shouldn't be a 250 run on the shore on the weekend when there's no run out South.

Because the theme is Learner Friendly it was a shame that some poor souls had to brave the bridge and motorway to get to the start of the run when they were still on their "Learner Legs".

(edit) Ah. I read the ATNR thread - may be a wee while before you're able to organise a North Shore 250 run eh?

Yeah, it's not as if the official run HAS to be down south, right?

Plenty of good road this side of the bridge, y'know.

I recommend old north up to Kaukapakapa and beyond. Hell, I'll organise it if no-one else wants to. Won't be this w/e though.

Fub@r
13th October 2006, 22:47

I recommend old north up to Kaukapakapa and beyond. Hell, I'll organise it if no-one else wants to. Won't be this w/e though.

I'm a westy and if I have the brownie points I'll tag along

gijoe1313
13th October 2006, 23:43
If the north crew two fiddies organise a ride, I'll blat over the shore to attend for sure (yeah, yeah bad pun). I did a ride out Titarangi and along the scenic route out there through to the North. Some nice roads out that ways! On ya guys - give us Southies the learn on new routes! :cool:

Hellraiser
14th October 2006, 10:46

Problem with going Nth is the boys in blue........ and i know what your going to say ..... don't break the law blah blah blah.......

take for example the last 250 ride we had a couple of bins nothing serious and no one was doing anthing stupid they happened due to a lack of experance. Now if we had been going north the likelyhood of us being shadowed by the plod would have been high now if said bins had of happen up north the boys in blue would more than likely have been all over us like vultures on a carcase, now they may not have throwen the book at the learner who fell off but just having them there would spoil the whole day.

For me thats good enough reason not to ride north.

Morcs
14th October 2006, 11:15
yeah no further than helensville, and stay off sh16...

the old north road from kemeu to helensville is a belter though

Maverick
15th October 2006, 19:29
I am thinking of running another ride this weekend, usual part of auckland, can I get a heads up idea of numbers since its labour weekend to see if anyone is interested?

Jeaves
15th October 2006, 20:02
Im keen ,

got a good feeling i may actually turn up :lol:

gijoe1313
15th October 2006, 20:13
:weep: I will be driving my olds down to Wellywood in a cage, no riding for me!

McJim
15th October 2006, 20:36
I might not have earned the "brownie points" by the time the weekend comes but I could always play the guilt card coz she took the bike out for a spin today and dropped it (I blame Maverick - he was supposed to be looking after her!:Pokey: )

So we shall see what we will see.

lukelin250
16th October 2006, 16:56
as much as i would like to see a ride on the north shore i do agree about the plod being more of a issue this side of the bridge.it is publicly anounced and i have witnessed it to that there i a rodney district wide blitz on traffic offences,,its been mayhem out there the plod have been having a field day and helen can now finall afford the op. best to wait till end of year perhapd for a shore ride or some other ways to avoid police harrasment

Morcs
17th October 2006, 10:03
yep out west is pretty bad, there are some great roads that i ride on, but im not going to divulge where as you dont know who could be reading... :nono:

What about down to titirangi, then the twisties down to huia and stuff, some lovely caning roads :yes:

lukelin250
17th October 2006, 16:36
how about a nz version of the isle of man??? waiheke or great barrier island !!!! mean twisties and almost non existent cops??? ohhhh think of it!!!! :Punk:

Jonny Rotten
17th October 2006, 16:42
how about a nz version of the isle of man??? waiheke or great barrier island !!!! mean twisties and almost non existent cops??? ohhhh think of it!!!! :Punk:

apart from all the roads on great barrier are gravel and there are wandering cows and sheep.....

El Dopa
17th October 2006, 16:50
I am thinking of running another ride this weekend, usual part of auckland, can I get a heads up idea of numbers since its labour weekend to see if anyone is interested?

Yes. PM me if it's on.

BTW, my home internet connection is currently fucked (thanks telecom), so I'm currently in a shitty cybercafe trying to clear the backlog, and I'm not able to organamtorise anything on the North Shore until I've got decent access.

Maha
17th October 2006, 16:56
as much as i would like to see a ride on the north shore i do agree about the plod being more of a issue this side of the bridge.it is publicly anounced and i have witnessed it to that there i a rodney district wide blitz on traffic offences,,its been mayhem out there the plod have been having a field day and helen can now finall afford the op. best to wait till end of year perhapd for a shore ride or some other ways to avoid police harrasment

The cop that spoke to us on Sunday understood that we were out for a squirt and told/asked us to have a good day and just, dont do anything stupid, he spoke long enough to have good look at all of us and the bikes, and he seemed a alright dude, he added '' dont draw attention to yourself '' and '' dont give me any paper work to do''.... dont give them a reason to stop you and your day riding will be all that you want it to be, choosing your moment to twist it a little is easy, going through the Dome on sunday, plod waved, flashed his headlights, maybe doing a tad over the limit but we weren't being 'cocks' on the road.........:done:

lukelin250
17th October 2006, 20:05
true but on a learner ride almost everything being done would be illegal, isle of nz tt 250 race :rockon:

Maverick
18th October 2006, 07:34
true but on a learner ride almost everything being done would be illegal, isle of nz tt 250 race :rockon:

I dont like that comment after all the effort that Mcjim and I put into running the learner rides, considering you havent even come on one!

Who was the one that lost their licence recently?? :zzzz:

toymachine
18th October 2006, 07:43
If you wanna go nuts on a 250 tag along in one of the more general rides... my Bandit screams to keep up.

The learner rides are just that...

Morcs
18th October 2006, 10:49
hey toy machine where are you out west, youre bandit isnt black is it?

EDIT, just seen youre profile pic, was that you behind me the other night caning around whenuapai?

toymachine
18th October 2006, 11:34
Nup, wasn't me... perhaps it was "black bandit"?

Morcs
18th October 2006, 13:32
couldve been, all i know is they couldnt keep up when i was accelerating, followed me right round whenuapai and gave me a big wave when i turned off. was a good rark.

McJim
18th October 2006, 20:39

If you're all about thrashing the arse out of your bike then the 250 rides we run wouldn't be your bag - you wouldn't enjoy yourself cos we don't cane it - we go at an even pace - the objective of each rider is not to lose the rider behind. It is NOT the responsibility of the rider behind to keep up with the rider in front - that way lies madness, broken bikes, broken bones and lost licences - we let all the more experienced riders risk their licences :rofl:

Remember - faster = better only on the track - the better rider on the road is the one that lives longest.

I'm not taking a pop at the stuff you enjoy - what you do on your bike is up to you but our 250 rides aren't too fast.

lukelin250
18th October 2006, 21:00
well mc jim and mav yeah i lost the licence but i think you laready knew that :msn-wink: but now that i have i do really like the idea of your paced rides i honestly have no prob with that at all, ive learnt to pick my moments to do my speeding,,,an i look forward to joining you guys on a ride for sure,,i didnt make the last one too hungova an botany is a bit of a trip for me ,,but ahh riding is worthit and soon as the legal issues are over i look forward to meeting you all :Punk:

Maha
18th October 2006, 21:04
well mc jim and mav yeah i lost the licence but i think you laready knew that :msn-wink: but now that i have i do really like the idea of your paced rides i honestly have no prob with that at all, ive learnt to pick my moments to do my speeding,,,an i look forward to joining you guys on a ride for sure,,i didnt make the last one too hungova an botany is a bit of a trip for me ,,but ahh riding is worthit and soon as the legal issues are over i look forward to meeting you all :Punk:

Sensible attitude Lukelin............:rockon:

McJim
18th October 2006, 21:10
Looking forward to meeting you too Lukelin - the 250 run needs more Hondas!

(especially coz my wife now wants a Suzuki!)

The_Dover
18th October 2006, 21:11

and here was me thinking your wife had questionable taste!!!

toymachine
18th October 2006, 21:25
Looking forward to meeting you too Lukelin - the 250 run needs more Hondas!

Get her a Bandit :D

McJim
18th October 2006, 21:27
and here was me thinking your wife had questionable taste!!!
Yeah - she only want's it coz it's cheap - bit like you bro.

The_Dover
18th October 2006, 21:29
Yeah - she only want's it coz it's cheap - bit like you bro.

hey man, she gets special mates rates.

McJim
18th October 2006, 21:38
hey man, she gets special mates rates.

I just told my wife what you said - she's still pissing herself laughing.:killingme::rofl:

McJim
18th October 2006, 21:41
Get her a Bandit :D

Aparently she's already got Dover ....at mate rate...so she's kinda halfway there coz I hear he's an arse Bandit.:rofl:

On a serious note though I've seen how often those Bandits need fuel and I couldn't afford to keep her in petrol.

Hellraiser
19th October 2006, 06:33
Aparently she's already got Dover ....at mate rate...so she's kinda halfway there coz I hear he's an arse Bandit.:rofl:

On a serious note though I've seen how often those Bandits need fuel and I couldn't afford to keep her in petrol.

Dude just stick a couple of tennis ball down your pants, suck it up and get her the bike she wants or else your just going to end up bullshiting to us again about how you got those black eye's from falling down your stairs or something.

Just remember that real men cook good eggs too.

well i'm off to do the dishes .......... laters

lukelin250
19th October 2006, 21:10
a mighty gn fpr the lady mcjim ,,shell love ya for it!!!

McJim
19th October 2006, 21:14
a mighty gn fpr the lady mcjim ,,shell love ya for it!!!
Have got her an RG 150 - it's a tad faster than the GN and makes a funny noise but looks like a whole heap of fun. My Mountain bike has thicker tyres than it does.

lukelin250
19th October 2006, 21:27
is she gonna add a ladys touch to it,,some handlebar tassles perhaps? :rockon:

Maverick
20th October 2006, 06:05
Have got her an RG 150 - it's a tad faster than the GN and makes a funny noise but looks like a whole heap of fun. My Mountain bike has thicker tyres than it does.

At least it will be easier to pick up off the road then your VTR ;)

lukelin250
20th October 2006, 16:42
haha i dropd my bike at 0km trying to do a u-turn on the drive,,i felt like a nob ,,,fuck it was heavy to pick up :dodge:

toymachine
20th October 2006, 16:48
lol hardluck mate

though if only your pride was hurt thats nothing too serious :D

lukelin250
20th October 2006, 16:51
yeah she took it like a man,not a scratch. poor gurl

El Dopa
20th October 2006, 19:21
If anyone is going from the shore tomorrow and wants to cruise over with some company, I'll be doing a quick run along Barry's Pt Rd just after 9.00 to see if anyone's hanging around.

Otherwise, see you at the 'other' meeting place.

McJim
21st October 2006, 00:55
At least it will be easier to pick up off the road then your VTR ;)

The missus will kick you inna fork for that comment - she has good aim too.