PDA

View Full Version : Re today

Firefight
26th June 2004, 18:11
Man you have to :love2: these :sunny: days, meet up with 7 others at Autobahn papakura, quick coffee and away, drury, ramarama bombay, ridge road, whangarata, and on to 22, nice fast/slippery ride, went as far as Glen Murray Rangariri cross road, stopped for a chat and away again, had only gone a short bit up there and I decided to park :shit: my bike in a drain :shit: , no one to blame but me of couse, anyway no real damage, and away again, down to Rangariri over the bridge, and meet up with Quazzie, another quick stop and were off down to the exspress way, off at Tahuna turn off, very quick little blat down to Tahuna, I think the group split up, I turned around and road back the way I had come, had to meet up with my mate back at the Autobahn, others went to raglan and Kaimai I think, I had uneventful trip back, and meet my mate at the Autobahn.

Feeling a sense of Dayjavou (help hitcher sp?) I left autobahn and this time we did the same trip, but went all the way to Naragwhia, grabed some gas, , and turned around and same route home, stopped at bombay, quick coffeee and home, my mate for this trip was two smoker, more about him later

Thank you all for the ride and company today >

F/F

And yes there is more, one of the great things about KB , is the huge range of rider talant, as an average rider I greatlty enjoy rides with those of greater skill(just about everyone) than myself, some very good riders I have been with, Motoracer, Zed,Coldkiwi,Vladi, to name just a few, but one guy I reckon deserves a speacil word, my mate this afternoon, Two smoker :Punk: , now Ia'm no fisherman, but I have seen today what it must be like to land a big fish with a little line.. :first:

On our ride down I gave it heaps within my humble ability, and everytime I looked in the mirror, I see this pesky two stoke 150 not far behind, would tend to piss most R6 riders off, a dammed good effort Chris, and the ride back same again , with him in front :crazy: , more than happy to let you ride my bike, hope you had as much fun as I did :yeah:
Just keep it up mate, and soon you'll be as fast as a certain young man from Nepal. :first:

Yes, I had a great day :crazy:

firefight.

James Deuce
26th June 2004, 18:21
Excellent stuff!

Dayjavou = Deja vu.

FROSTY
26th June 2004, 18:21
shit I need a road bike---keep missing out on all these road rides arggg :crazy:

Two Smoker
26th June 2004, 18:29
Thanks for the ride Dave :niceone: it was bloody awesome :niceone: You an awesome guy to follow, with the hazard identification and a great pace :niceone:

Yep still gob smacked from the ride back :D :shit: :msn-wink: :gob:

Can't wait for the next one :D

Motoracer
26th June 2004, 18:34
Thank you for the ride. Specially thanx to Cajun for letting me ride your K4. She's a beaut!

Good weather, good company, good roads...

I have no doubts about TS. Hopefully he'll get the chance to get into racing soon.

Two Smoker
26th June 2004, 21:05
So what happened on the ride in the morning? Where did you guys go?

Zed
26th June 2004, 21:48
Man you have to :love2: these :sunny: days, meet up with 7 others at Autobahn papakura, quick coffee and away, drury, ramarama bombay, ridge road, whangarata, and on to 22, nice fast/slippery ride, went as far as Glen Murray Rangariri cross road, stopped for a chat and away again, had only gone a short bit up there and I decided to park :shit: my bike in a drain :shit: , no one to blame but me of couse, anyway no real damage, and away again, down to Rangariri over the bridge, and meet up with Quazzie, another quick stop and were off down to the exspress way, off at Tahuna turn off, very quick little blat down to Tahuna, I think the group split up, I turned around and road back the way I had come, had to meet up with my mate back at the Autobahn, others went to raglan and Kaimai I think, I had uneventful trip back, and meet my mate at the Autobahn.

Feeling a sense of Dayjavou (help hitcher sp?) I left autobahn and this time we did the same trip, but went all the way to Naragwhia, grabed some gas, , and turned around and same route home, stopped at bombay, quick coffeee and home, my mate for this trip was two smoker, more about him later

Thank you all for the ride and company today >

F/F Well I really enjoyed myself too apart from "parking my bike in a drain" one minute after you parked yours. First time I've binned in 20yrs riding...and it was such a stupid simple mistake - came around the damp corner and straight over into the ditch! Need new lh mirror, lh indicator, and lh front fairing will need some repair. I walked away with a slightly bruised leg and kept riding for another 4 hours...thanks to Cajuns mate Richard (not on KB) for his help and assistance in my hour of need.

After you left us at Tahuna F/F - Quasi, Duckman, nhuanh, V Twin raver, and I cruised to Hamilton. From there VTR went back to Ak and the rest of us zipped over to Huntly for lunch where Quasi realised that he lost his wallet from his jacket pocket sometime between Rangiriri and Raglan :weep: After lunch we toddled back home and I arrived back around 4.30-5.00pm.

A full days riding effort today...and what a glorious day weather wise. Hope it's the same for all you riders tomorrow.

Zed

wkid_one
26th June 2004, 21:49
Well I really enjoyed myself too apart from "parking my bike in a drain" one minute after you parked yours. First time I've binned in 20yrs riding...and it was such a stupid simple mistake - came around the damp corner and straight over into the ditch! Need new lh mirror, lh indicator, and lh front fairing will need some repair. I walked away with a slightly bruised leg and kept riding for another 4 hours...thanks to Cajuns mate Richard (not on KB) for his help and assistance in my hour of need.

After you left us at Tahuna F/F, Quasi, Duckman, nhuanh, V Twin raver, and I cruised to Hamilton. From there VTR went back to Ak and the rest of us zipped over to Huntly for lunch where Quasi realised that he lost his wallet from his jacket pocket sometime between Rangiriri and Raglan :weep: After lunch we toddled back home and I arrived back around 4.30-5.00pm.

A full days riding effort today...and what a glorious day weather wise. Hope it's the same for all you riders tomorrow.

Zed
Sorry to hear........

Two Smoker
26th June 2004, 21:52
Sorry to hear about the bin Zed, i wasnt going to say anything till you did......

I just wish i could have been there for the morning ride, you guys should have comeback with F/F and I, it was bloody good......

Zed
26th June 2004, 21:53
Sorry to hear........
Thanks, now I know how it feels. I have joined 'da club.

wkid_one
26th June 2004, 21:55
Thanks, now I know how it feels. I have joined 'da club.At least you didn't highside and go to hospital.....shit happens....you walked away and the bike was rideable.....that is the main thing

I will find out soon enough what it is like to crash again.

Zed
26th June 2004, 21:55
Sorry to hear about the bin Zed, i wasnt going to say anything till you did......

I just wish i could have been there for the morning ride, you guys should have comeback with F/F and I, it was bloody good......
Appreciate it TS.

Any ride today would have been a good one!

MikeL
26th June 2004, 21:57
Hey Zed
Sorry to hear about your bin. At least we now have something in common, both having parked our bikes in a ditch on 22.
But you seem to have got off a bit more lightly. Hmmm, wonder if there's some significance in that? Divine protection...
I think I need a road to Damascus...

wkid_one
26th June 2004, 21:59
Hey Zed
Sorry to hear about your bin. At least we now have something in common, both having parked our bikes in a ditch on 22.
But you seem to have got off a bit more lightly. Hmmm, wonder if there's some significance in that? Divine protection...
Does it always have to go back to religion?

MikeL
26th June 2004, 22:07
Does it always have to go back to religion?

Hey, don't blame me. I didn't start it!

MikeL
26th June 2004, 22:08
Oh, and yes, Zed does have a sense of humour, too...

wkid_one
26th June 2004, 22:09
Hey, don't blame me. I didn't start it!
Ahh - on this thread you certainly did.

Zed
26th June 2004, 22:11
Hey Zed
Technically it wasn't SH22. It's the road that goes left off 22 towards Glen Murray/Rangariri. Funny thing - Before we headed down that road I told Dave that he would have to lead because I'd never been down there before...so what happens! And no, that's not an excuse for our bizarre bins. :eek:

I certainly thanked God that it wasn't any worse Mike.

James Deuce
27th June 2004, 02:56
That's a shame Zed. Glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself, and I hope the bike gets patched up OK too.

Firefight
27th June 2004, 05:05
That's a shame Zed. Glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself, and I hope the bike gets patched up OK too.

Zed, if its any concilation(I guess its not) I have ridden that bit were we ditched dozens of time, wet dry, foggy, even had a race with MR one dark mooonless night, and yet how stupid was I to make such a basic mistake, I do feel however your get back into it attitude, and your pace once we left exspress way to Tahuna, indicate your skill, ability and general attitude about bikes.

F/F

Zed
27th June 2004, 07:37
Zed, if its any concilation(I guess its not) I have ridden that bit were we ditched dozens of time, wet dry, foggy, even had a race with MR one dark mooonless night, and yet how stupid was I to make such a basic mistake, I do feel however your get back into it attitude, and your pace once we left exspress way to Tahuna, indicate your skill, ability and general attitude about bikes.

F/F
I was determined not to let it ruin my whole day...and it didn't! :cool:

Take care F/F

Ms Piggy
27th June 2004, 09:40
Hey F/F & Zed,
Glad both you and your bikes are relatvely ok. :doctor:

Take care now! Cathy

750Y
27th June 2004, 11:17
glad you guys are both ok.

Andrew
27th June 2004, 12:56
Wow what a day filled with so much action. Hey Zed I can't believe this is the first time you've binned EVER?!

So is SH22 still your best road at the FF? Did you have to eat hospital food recently?

Glad you guys are ok and your bikes aren't too badly damaged.

Firefight
27th June 2004, 13:59
Wow what a day filled with so much action. Hey Zed I can't believe this is the first time you've binned EVER?!

So is SH22 still your best road at the FF? Did you have to eat hospital food recently?

Glad you guys are ok and your bikes aren't too badly damaged.

So, exams are over/,

Yes 22 still my fav road, ditching incidents occurred off 22, and no I did not need hospital food, but I can organise for you to go on hosptial :wacko: food if you wish. :kick: :msn-wink: sorry only joking :wacko:

thank you for your kind wishes, we are as you say both okay, sadly the CBR has come off worse that the R6, but still all minor.

F/F

Cajun
27th June 2004, 17:24
Hey guys thanks for a great ride down 22 i will have to do another day, when i am not carrying so much weight on my back. 20+kgs on back does not make riding a sports bike around the twistys a great deal of fun. Was great riding in a bunch of riders in my sorta skill range, no MR you don't count, you are far far out mine, you leaved me for dead up one of my fav bits of road, and you never been up it before DOH,

No worrys bout the k4 MR if you are lucky i might even let you have a go at puke on saturday, you have to be a good boy tho.

Noticed that MR bike tiped in to the corners far better than mine,(due to his race tires and my road tires) his more twity thru the bumps thru the corners tho, mid range, my far better, but high rev range, his i believe pulls better, but wait until i do my few mods they i see what i can do dc:<

Got back home at 1 wanted to be home by 12 oops, quicky shower shave, then off to wedding.

Good day had had by all, somce nice twistys and some nice fast straights, 240ish :whistle:

Cheers

Cajun

FROSTY
27th June 2004, 17:45
good news neither of ya were hurt too bad
bikes and riders basicly in one piece.
next saturday should be a good one

Cajun
27th June 2004, 18:43
Yup all good apart from a good apart from a little extra dirt on bikes

Hopeful weather be good for saturday be great,

Zed
27th June 2004, 18:48
Yup all good apart from a good apart from a little extra dirt on bikes

Hopeful weather be good for saturday be great,
You rode well and looked the part on the K4 Cajun - that bike has a real nice scream to it!

Glad you got home in one piece and in time for the event (just). :yes:

Zed

V Twin Raver
27th June 2004, 19:24
As said before, great day for a ride and great company - awesome attitude of those who had unfortunate minor mishaps to hop back on the saddle & hook straight back into it & carry on with the day. Good to catch up with you again Quasi & Zed, nice to meet you finally Firefight having read plenty of your posts and been slightly green eyed whenever you mentioned ANOTHER great midweek ride over 22!! Nice to also have met Duckman, nhuanh Cajun & his mate & of course MR. Hey MR - awesome display dude. Good mix of roads with twisty (& slightly damp) bits early on then open flowing roads later on.

Great team of guys to ride with - really looking forward to hooking up again. Obviously differing skill levels but not so far different that there was a great deal of waiting around for those who were showing some speed quick.

Thanks guys.

6Chris6
27th June 2004, 19:32
Sorry to hear about the bins, but it's good to read that some of you who tend to disagree a little bit here are big enough to be a little more considerate when it matters.
Good on ya guys
Chris

Lord Pac
28th June 2004, 09:33
glad you guys are ok...

Motoracer
28th June 2004, 09:42
Hey guys thanks for a great ride down 22 i will have to do another day, when i am not carrying so much weight on my back. 20+kgs on back does not make riding a sports bike around the twistys a great deal of fun. Was great riding in a bunch of riders in my sorta skill range, no MR you don't count, you are far far out mine, you leaved me for dead up one of my fav bits of road, and you never been up it before DOH,

No worrys bout the k4 MR if you are lucky i might even let you have a go at puke on saturday, you have to be a good boy tho.

Noticed that MR bike tiped in to the corners far better than mine,(due to his race tires and my road tires) his more twity thru the bumps thru the corners tho, mid range, my far better, but high rev range, his i believe pulls better, but wait until i do my few mods they i see what i can do dc:<

Got back home at 1 wanted to be home by 12 oops, quicky shower shave, then off to wedding.

Good day had had by all, somce nice twistys and some nice fast straights, 240ish :whistle:

Cheers

Cajun

That would so cool man! I'll be good. :)

Cajun
28th June 2004, 09:53
Hey Zed my friend richard on the crusier wanted to know what you did for living?

I not to sure who the other two people there where and there nicks, apart from MR, f/f zed, quasi, and V Twin Raver, and of course qausi, so that would leave the tl1000, and the zx6r.

Cheers for that zed, you find today, not to sore???

Zed
28th June 2004, 10:02
Hey Zed my friend richard on the crusier wanted to know what you did for living?

I not to sure who the other two people there where and there nicks, apart from MR, f/f zed, quasi, and V Twin Raver, and of course qausi, so that would leave the tl1000, and the zx6r.

Cheers for that zed, you find today, not to sore???I'm an Inventory Controller and Purchaser for an IT company. Please pass on to Richard my appreciation for his assistance on Sat.

The other guys were Duckman on the TL1000R and nhuanh on the red 03 636 Ninja. We three motored to Raglan (with Quasi) and back to Ak together at the end of the day.

I'm feeling a box of birds today thanks Cajun. No probs whatsoever. I have booked the bike to go into Spectrum Motorcycles tomorrow morning and it should be assessed then too for an insurance jobby. Will be confined to a cage for the next few weeks no doubt but will "drive" down to Puke and watch you guys going hard this Saturday. :cool:

Zed

Cajun
28th June 2004, 10:11
I'm an Inventory Controller and Purchaser for an IT company. Please pass on to Richard my appreciation for his assistance on Sat.

The other guys were Duckman on the TL1000R and nhuanh on the red 03 636 Ninja. We three motored to Raglan (with Quasi) and back to Ak together at the end of the day.

I'm feeling a box of birds today thanks Cajun. No probs whatsoever. I have booked the bike to go into Spectrum Motorcycles tomorrow morning and it should be assessed then too for an insurance jobby. Will be confined to a cage for the next few weeks no doubt but will "drive" down to Puke and watch you guys going hard this Saturday. :cool:

Zed

Ahhh sweet as Zed, Richard works at maxnet, will pass on your thanks to him.

He still has your mirror and interactor lens in his side bag. Yeah that road out to raglan is great. wish i had more time to be out and play, thats first time i riden my bike in good weather, laterly, most of my riding i been doing in the wet, or damp roads.

Thats good to hear you are find, and well Zed, yep hopeful they insurance get on to it quick, bugger about stuck in a cage for a while tho

V Twin Raver
28th June 2004, 11:58
Hey Zed, how was your wife about the bin? Hope she hasn't turned into a poor bundle of nerves about you riding with fellow bikers? Good to hear the body isn't giving you any jip.

Are you still interested in selling those lamps or do you wanna hang on tho them - did you intentionally purchase more for spares or to sell on?

Cheers

Zed
28th June 2004, 12:05
Hey Zed, how was your wife about the bin? Hope she hasn't turned into a poor bundle of nerves about you riding with fellow bikers? Good to hear the body isn't giving you any jip.

Are you still interested in selling those lamps or do you wanna hang on tho them - did you intentionally purchase more for spares or to sell on?

Cheers
She was totally supportive - said something like "it is to be expected with motorcycles" when I arrived home! Oh and she has banned me from any more KB rides :weep: ...just kidding.

You can buy those lamps for $30 if interested, please send me a PM with your delivery details, etc and we can arrange it.

Take care VTR

duckman
28th June 2004, 13:36
Thanks for the great ride guys - It was unfortunate that we had a couple of "incedents" (sp), but all in all it was an excellent ride.

Brett - Did you find your wallet ??

Cajun
28th June 2004, 14:34
nice meeting you dukeman dc:< not really that i got a chance to say hello or anything.

duckman
28th June 2004, 14:37
nice meeting you dukeman dc:< not really that i got a chance to say hello or anything.
Yea - You too fella. :cool:

Cajun
28th June 2004, 14:44
no worrys, always good seeing a v twin behind me dc:< i don't see that often when riding with the misses hahahaha

Kwaka-Kid
4th July 2004, 23:30
WHAT THE?! i hate to sound like the 2 weeks out of date shocked dude, but FF came off! :'(!! Zed Came off?! no way dudes, the worlds upside down, its not round after all! They lie, they all lie!..

Where have i been? :( i personally feel ashamed i couldnt find this thread (lack of time on here maybe?) and that i havnt been on an FF ride in WAY too long, i feel.... left outta the loop :(... its just not fair!.. too busy on my slow rides :(... well i think soon enough shade will be up to pace on his 250 (in fact, now probably!) and has a wise enough head to realise when someone is just faster, and its not worth chasing and putting yourself out.
Anyways yeah yeah FF! keep us informed :( i think its jsut all this working crap.. actually, dont organise a ride too soon - just broke my big toe on left foot tonighti beleive, changing gear with left heel wearing sandshoes now :(

andy1
5th July 2004, 00:19
Hey MR! seems like u got everyone smelling ur exhaust fumes! :niceone: cant wait to ride with ya when i get back! only next time no more 250 :whistle: yaaaaahhhooooo! :spudbooge

Cajun
5th July 2004, 07:37
yeah KK this was a sorta slow ride, first time i had done 22, and i was also carrying 25+kgs on my back, and we had a mate of mine on cruisers, FF was a simple off, well didn't really come off i don't think, more thought he rest the bike against a bank, and zed jsut lost the rear in a little bit of wet road. all minor, both on bikes and keep riding.

Motoracer
5th July 2004, 09:22
Hey MR! seems like u got everyone smelling ur exhaust fumes! :niceone: cant wait to ride with ya when i get back! only next time no more 250 :whistle: yaaaaahhhooooo! :spudbooge

Yea man, we'll definetly do that when you come back or maybe I can come for a visit sometime. Either way, train hard brother! I'll do what I can here. We can settle some old scores the next time we meet. I still think you'd be way quicker but it'll be good to see where we stand anyway...

I am not that fast right now though. I need to do some real hard work and get a real pace, I have been way too slack. I am trying to get my s*it together and hopefully I'll be aiming for Manfield at the end of this month. I'll be going on both F2 and F1 classes just to gain more experience, as Johann advised me to do.

See ya, have fun.

Sudeep.

Coldkiwi
6th July 2004, 12:49
what are you planning to run in the F1's MR? I didn't think they'd let a 600 in?

Andy, the thought of you terrorising our roads (or me on a ride :p ) on something bigger than a 250 fills my heart with fear.... buggered if I know why!!

Motoracer
6th July 2004, 13:02
what are you planning to run in the F1's MR? I didn't think they'd let a 600 in?

Didn't you know that I just bought a new 2004 GSX-R 1000 K4? I'll be running that in F1.

lol Na, I am kidding. I am no where near skilled enough to be racing 600s competitively yet so I wouldn't even dream of jumping on 1000s on the track (Oh, and ofcourse you also need to have gazillion dollars in your bank account for that...)

However, they do allow 600s in F1. Infact most of the F2 guys do join in F1 as well. I am not sure if I am fully correct but in Vic club rounds, I think Johann has been leading the F1 pack in his 600!!

andy1
6th July 2004, 17:43
you just wait CK, ill paint my bike all black! and wheelie everywhere at 300k. :devil2: just like a bloke in :whistle:

Nah Nah ill be racing mate dont worry! :bleh:

:spudbooge :spudbooge

Coldkiwi
6th July 2004, 18:07
hehe, I can imagine you as ghostriders sidekick.... if you live long enough!!
I reckon you'd be pretty good at the racing once you get used to it. at least the crash repairs would be cheaper!

Kwaka-Kid
6th July 2004, 19:30
andy1 has a gsxr1000?! K2?
and yeah CK @ Taupo a number of F3 bikes can even be caught in F1, along with Hayden fitzgerald on the GP125 bike WINNING it at the last pacific club meet.

andy1
7th July 2004, 03:14
Hey MR and who ever else! i will let u guess what my new bike is!
its got 17inch black and gold wheels! a few performance parts....
is that enough info!??
MR i always told ya i would get one! :shifty:

oh its 450cc and a Honda :headbang:
And the best part its ROAD LEGAL. :devil2:

Kwaka-Kid
7th July 2004, 08:45
450cc? whats that al labout? is that standerd or has it been bored out from 400? :D

Motoracer
7th July 2004, 09:46
You lucky lucky mofo! Congrats man! :niceone:

Oh, and to others who don't know what he is talking about, it'll be a Honda CRF fou fiddy supermoto.

Now you can slide around all over the place just like that Rossi fella!

Kwaka-Kid
7th July 2004, 10:35
You lucky lucky mofo! Congrats man! :niceone:

Oh, and to others who don't know what he is talking about, it'll be a Honda CRF fou fiddy supermoto.

Now you can slide around all over the place just like that Rossi fella!
just what the world needed... another one... :P haha kidding :) sweet andy!