PDA

View Full Version : GN250 front brake

kensuem
28th September 2006, 00:12
GN250,4 months old,done 4000klm,
Disc pads seem to hold on and not retract ,even after only minor braking.
If I only use the brake once in my 26 klm ride to work,the disc is too hot to touch when I arrive.Tried not useing the brake at all and arrived with a cold disc.With a bike as new as this the pistons shouldnt be gummed up.Anyone got any ideas?

Jeaves
28th September 2006, 00:22
take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it out under warranty , failing that a quick disassemble (cleaning and lubing slides etc) may fix the issue .

Lorax
19th November 2006, 22:01
Tried not useing the brake at all...

Never had that with mine. Problem fixed by now? My GN front brakes are really damn squeaky. Any other GN riders finding / found that?

Got it serviced, lasted for about a day. Gutted.

Any hints?

Terminated
19th November 2006, 22:14
My GN front brakes are really damn squeaky. Any other GN riders finding / found that?

Got it serviced, lasted for about a day. Gutted.

Any hints?

My GN250, bought it in May this year started to get nuisance front brake noise. Purchased 'Contact Break Cleaner' from TSS here in Wellington - Alicetown. Each time I clean the chain, I then spray the front disc, then wheel the bike forward dabbing the front brake and clean down with clean cloth. Haven't had a squeak out of Golf November Two Five Zero since.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Mr. Peanut
20th November 2006, 01:43
Sell it and buy an old GN250... Sorry, seriously.

Lorax
20th November 2006, 09:18
My GN250, bought it in May this year started to get nuisance front brake noise. Purchased 'Contact Break Cleaner' from TSS here in Wellington - Alicetown. Each time I clean the chain, I then spray the front disc, then wheel the bike forward dabbing the front brake and clean down with clean cloth. Haven't had a squeak out of Golf November Two Five Zero since.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Thanks heaps for that BB#1. I'll give it a go. I might be able to use my front brake more than sparingly once it's done...

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 21:47
have a look at this thread. your brakes may jamming up.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=38588