PDA

View Full Version : Manfeild 26th June 04

LB
27th June 2004, 07:14
A great day at Manfeild - despite the shitty weather forecast, there was no rain, and a lot of the time the sky was very blue!

The track was damp-ish to start with, but dried out fairly soon and stayed that way.

Some excellent racing to be had. Not too many biffs, no serious injuries that I'm aware of. The ground was very wet, soft and muddy, so you could tell those who'd had an "off" by the plain brown leathers!

Nice to meet up with you Racey Rider. Also out racing were Mitch, Nicko and SVS. Nicko, you were having a good day. Mitch - well done for staying on :cool: SVS - you did bloody well mate - you had some great dices with #74 (don't know his name). Also saw Deano and Mrs Deano, Jimbo750, Slim. Think I met some others too but names escape me.

Jimbo750 took some photos so he may well post one or two here.

trevf
27th June 2004, 10:51
I did not intend to go after watching the weather forcast on friday night. Woke up sat. morning and what a suprise-clear skies. Dragged the bike out of the shed and of to Manfield. Really enjoyed the racing -the 125 class was great -and those battles between Johan Bruins and Mike Smith were worth watching.A bloody good day. :2thumbsup

Racey Rider
27th June 2004, 11:12
I had a good day tootling around a the back of F3 on my 250.
Another guy was there with a NSR250 that I had some close raceing with, which made it choice. My first time on the reverse track. The NSR guy was faster through some corners, and I was able to brake late and "take him" into others.
I lead him into the last corner of the first race with him right on my back tyre. But I didn't take the corner well. He got good drive, and we drag raced to the flag,, with him getting half a wheel in front of me at the line. 0.028 of a second! :disapint:
But for the record, The KR won two out of three over Mr NSR. We just won't talk about the fact it was a fight over last place in the field.
Still, by the end of the day I was really enjoying the reverse track. Just not enough practice time before hand, (which is the way it should be - we're there to race, not to pratice).
The low sun at 4pm was a problem tho. The last time through the hairpin and the sun had come out from behind the cloud. Sun glare really stuffed me getting my good entry point to the corner, which I took badly. Skillfully (Read: Luckery), I had a bit of time up my sleeve too get things together and still conquer my NSR adversary! :first:

Sadly, I may not be back raceing for a while. Now my race license has expired, and I have not had good fiances for the last few months. I might have to wait till an improvement on the income side of things.
I have, got the KR250sp running well now, so may have to sell it and hopefully find a barrell for the KR150 somewhere, and continue with Street stock raceing when I can.
Thanks for the support from those I've meet. Hope to see you out there again at some stage.
Racey. :cool:

PS. GO Craig Sherriffs?
Really enjoyed seeing that 250 2/ clean up the 600's :2thumbsup

svs
27th June 2004, 13:30
Although the day had been forcast for showers, blue skies reigned all day.

The track was a bit damp to start with, so practice/qualifying wasn't quite up to what I thought I could do. It was also the first time I'd been out on the reverse circuit of Manfeild, so I had a bit to learn.

For all the nervousness etc. Managed to qualify third again, so right in the middle of the front row.

First race: How can I explain the start... In my eagerness to let the clutch out quickly I was a bit too eager and lifted the front end toward the sky. I thought I'd managed to get it under control, but I still lost a lot of drive and ended up around 8th into the sweeper. Managed to pick off a coupled down the back straight, and not braking too early into Higgins, managed to pick up another place. Then spent a few laps dicing with Paul Martindale (#74 cbr400) before finally manageing to get in front and stay there. Finally finished 4th. The three bikes ahead of me were all inline 600's so I can't complain about that.

The second and third races were almost exactly the same (except I managed to keep the front wheel down during the starts) and had some great racing with Paul. Got the second fastest lap in race 2 (1:23.233), which shows that I should be able to run up with the top 3, if I can just be a bit more consistant. In the last race Paul outbraked me into the the last corner and we came out either side of a backmarker. I had a better line out the corner and thought I'd get Paul down the straight, but I missed one gear change and it ended up being a close run thing. We went over the line side by side, me being ahead by 0.04.

The reverse circuit at Manfeild works quite well, the sweeper (Dunlop) is much better in this direction, but the decreasing radius entries to Higgins and the hairpin take a bit to master (I'm still not there). Next time will be back in the right direction so it'll be good to see how things work out.

Really enjoyable day. Also good to meet up with a few more KB'ers - Racey Rider and Slim.

The full results are at:MyLaps.com (http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=32656)

Deano
27th June 2004, 18:26
Well, my work camera ain't got nothing on Jimbo's monstrosity (hope you're not substituting for a small penis :Pokey: ) Honestly, you need arms like Arnie to hold it for too long.

Anyway, here are a few pic's from the 26th.

Well done on some great racing there Yo !!

jimbo600
27th June 2004, 19:08
Well, my work camera ain't got nothing on Jimbo's monstrosity (hope you're not substituting for a small penis :Pokey: ) Honestly, you need arms like Arnie to hold it for too long.

Anyway, here are a few pic's from the 26th.

Well done on some great racing there Yo !!

On account of my very small knob I took the big lens to manfeild to compensate. Apparently it worked as Lynda commented on my "big one"

Anyhoo here are some images of the Manfeild heros.

Racey Rider
27th June 2004, 19:53

What about a photo of our Manfeild losers?!

I.E. ME!

#41!

Green!!

No pic of me being lapped??!

Knew I shouldn't have listened to White Trash! :bash:

jimbo600
27th June 2004, 20:15
What about a photo of our Manfeild losers?!

I.E. ME!

#41!

Green!!

No pic of me being lapped??!

Knew I shouldn't have listened to White Trash! :bash:

er sorry mate no. I only take pics of those I know. Next time come up and see me and I'll grab some images for ya.

Deano
27th June 2004, 20:58
On account of my very small knob I took the big lens to manfeild to compensate. Apparently it worked as Lynda commented on my "big one"

Yes, well, comparing the pic's, bigger is quite obviously better isn't it. :first:

LB
28th June 2004, 05:34

Not only did I comment on Jimbo's big one several times, but I couldn't keep my eyes off it..... :eek5:

bluninja
28th June 2004, 05:51
Nice yellow SV650 :apint:

Glad you all had a great day. TTFN

White trash
28th June 2004, 08:39
Wish I could have been there!

Well done to Mike for getting a couple over the peoples hero.

Incedently, the times this round were over 2 seconds a lap quicker than last year. Johann went faster around there than he ever has in either direction! :2thumbsup

svs
28th June 2004, 08:39
Nice yellow SV650 :apint:

Yes it is isn't it :) If you're ever back across then you're more than welcome to take it for a spin again for old times sake. (no high sides tho...)

Slim
28th June 2004, 09:29
Check out the concentration on Jo's face in that first shot!

What a great day racing. The weather warmed up enough to shed a few layers by lunchtime & I'd thought ahead & wore my KB t-shirt over my black merino top and had a couple of people comment. Nice to meet you 600SS. :)

There were only 2 "decent" accidents all day - one in the F3 practice and the other in the last F1 race of the day on CocaCola corner. One of the motards had a bit of a wild ride in the mud & apparently managed to keep it up for 100m or so before finally losing it & man, was he covered in mud!!!

It was my first time ever at Manfeild, so next time they run it in the "normal" direction, it's going to look really odd.

Mitch
28th June 2004, 09:55
What an absolutely fantastic day it was!!!!
I have to confess even as I raced around the track trying to concentrate as hard as I could, I did in fact notice Jimbo's big one also :rolleyes:
Was rather hard to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great shots thanks Jim!!
Was great to catch up with everyone again.
And fantastic to continue my winning streak over the ever closing #48 HAHA
Maybe next time!!! :bleh:

Slim
28th June 2004, 10:53
In his dreams, I reckon! Talk about Mr Consistency!!! :rolleyes:

jimbo600
28th June 2004, 13:27
What an absolutely fantastic day it was!!!!
I have to confess even as I raced around the track trying to concentrate as hard as I could, I did in fact notice Jimbo's big one also :rolleyes:
Was rather hard to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great shots thanks Jim!!
Was great to catch up with everyone again.

Yeah big big engorged one is always hard to miss.

White trash
28th June 2004, 13:37
Yeah big big engorged one is always hard to miss.

You are a filthy individual, '750! How the hell am I gonna put up with an 8 hour drive in the cage with you Friday night? <_<

jimbo600
28th June 2004, 13:43
You are a filthy individual, '750! How the hell am I gonna put up with an 8 hour drive in the cage with you Friday night? <_<

Dunno mate, just keep reminding me about the rugby. That should make me shut the fuck up.

Or ply me with ale so I pass out.

k14
28th June 2004, 13:49
Dunno mate, just keep reminding me about the rugby. That should make me shut the fuck up.

Or ply me with ale so I pass out.

And the soccer and the cricket :Pokey:

jimbo600
28th June 2004, 13:54
And the soccer and the cricket :Pokey:

Hate soccer, and I believe the Pomms kicked your ass in the cricket.

k14
28th June 2004, 15:28
Not against the windies last night.

jimbo600
28th June 2004, 16:57
Not against the windies last night.

True, true. You see losing is part of the English culture. Except for when Germany is involved, then it's a case of

"One world cup and two world wars..do da..do dah!!