PDA

View Full Version : Vic club riders - Please read!

Bartman10
29th September 2006, 11:23
Hi Vic Club racers

The committee know you all love to race which is why we put in the effort to make it happen!

I just wanted to put up some photos of some of the work we put in so that we’d get some of the glory too!

Had a pretty good turn out last Saturday; some guys even had to pit in the paddock.

Remember the Vic Club isn’t a professional organisation. Everyone out there does it because they love bikes and racing. We’re spending our weekends and evenings making it happen, often at personal expense.

So next time you see a guy or girl in an orange vest at a meeting, remember to say ‘hi’ and ‘thanks’ for the hard work.

And if something goes a bit skew on race day, don’t take it out on us. It is your responsibility to get your grid positions and to be at the dummy grid on time with fuel in your bike and your protective gear.

If the ambo is on the track it’s pretty obvious we can’t start the next race until the rider is loaded up. Exercise a bit of patience when waiting on the dummy grid! Next time it might be you lying on ground with broken ribs.

Committee members on Kiwibiker are:

Delboy
SVS
Clivoris
Fraggle
Ivan’s old man
Bartman10

See you at Taupo! It should be a great day. Don't forget the prize giving afterwards. :first: :second: :third:

Thanks.

Bartman10
29th September 2006, 11:28
Here are some more pics! :banana:

Bartman10
29th September 2006, 11:31
And some more.

kickingzebra
29th September 2006, 11:36
It is tah very muchly appreciated!! Threee cheers!!!!

sugilite
29th September 2006, 11:57
A HUGE thanks to all the good work the Vic Club crew put in, awesome guys thanks! :2thumbsup

Sketchy_Racer
29th September 2006, 14:50
Yep. Thanks HEAPS guys. If i wasn't racing, I would like to put the effort into helping out!

Is there anyway I can do both?

Racey Rider
29th September 2006, 14:56
Big Appreciation of the effort boys and girls!

How about putting some names to those pic's? I still don't know who they all are.

Is there a hat we can all put a $ in for free Beers for the Committee and helpers at the After race party???

Bartman10
29th September 2006, 15:45
Big Appreciation of the effort boys and girls!

How about putting some names to those pic's? I still don't know who they all are.

Is there a hat we can all put a $ in for free Beers for the Committee and helpers at the After race party???

Hey Racy.

First pic is Clive and me (Mark). I'm wearing black TSS cap.

Second pic is Mel. He's the race director. He is 'the man' on race day, and makes final decisions on race format, number of laps, calls red flags etc. Thats him in the 3rd pic too, with the red flag.

4th pic is Mel and Clive, sorting our Jay's grid position.

5th pic is some guys in the paddock, becasue they're were no pit garages .

6th pic is me and a guy from the Manuatu car club loading on a crashed bike.

7th pic - gridding up.

8th pic - the guy in yellow is Bernie. He's the steward. He'll read the rule book to you. If you've got any questions about the mechanical soundness of your machine, he is the man to talk to.

9th pic Mel and Bernie. Clive and me in the background.

10th pic - Fraggle (Jane) organising results.

11th pic - Mel again

12th pic. Me with green flag.

13th pic. Clive in dummy grid booth.

14th and 15 - a few more pick ups.

16th pic. The transponder guys making sure that you're not stealing their gear.

Thanks guys!
:beer: :beer:

Beer money always welcome. You can buy us a beer after the prize giving at Taupo, or just bring a dozen along to share around after the meeting.

skelstar
29th September 2006, 16:26
Yeah, us Vic Club supporters are a pretty thirsty folk too! :whistle:

Love your work Mark (I can see it from my office window LOL).

Racey Rider
29th September 2006, 17:55
Thanks for that.
Are Mel and Clive KB'ers?

I think You've missed out SvS's Mrs. I always see her doing a lot on the day.
(maybe she just catch's my eye easier than the rest.) :whistle:

When you getting Her out there in leathers Phil??

Ivan
30th September 2006, 19:07
Hey its only me on kiwibiker my dad isnt a memeber
AND i am on the commitee as well guys