PDA

View Full Version : Alright here's what happened

Two Smoker
27th June 2004, 17:57
Hey everyone

Well today, i got up nice and early (still buzzing from my ride with F/F) and checked my PM's, I had one from MR saying when and where i should meet him. So at 0930 i was at the place to meet him. Weather was holding so i was looking forward to a good blat.....

When he arrived I saw the bikes i would be riding with...... 04 CBR1000, VTR-1000, 03 CBR954, 99 R1, 03 R1, CBR900RR and then finally the small bikes, MR's GSX-R600 and my little 150 hehehe....... I thought by far that i was outclassed and what the hell am i doing here riding with these guys :wacko:

But thankfully they never really exceeded my top speed and i kept them insight all the way to the bombays..... Got to the bombays and went via Kaiaua and Miranda, down to Kopu.... Never lost sight once again due to them restraining themselves *phew* so im not on the wrong ride after all i think.....

We then hit the gorge to Whangamata, i was putting on a decent pace, never exceeding my comfort zone, and stayed last behind the 03 R1. Ofcourse MR was up the front......

Then as it got twistier, i was closer to the front (ending up in the top 3).... Got to Whangamata and we stopped at Subway.... Then who turns up???? Death Inc and some more KB'ers...... MR's friends went back the way we came, but MR, Sioni and i tagged along with Death (thanks for that :niceone: )...... We got into the really twisty stuff heading to Waihi, where MR set a cracking pace, i was quite fortunate to be able to keep with him.... then a bit further along i passed MR, and started pushing it a bit harder and got my knee down once, MR kept up with me (i dont know how with his Rennsports :wacko: ) and almost had a close call with a near lowside.....

Got to Waihi and then headed up to Paeroa and back through Hunua.....

It rained most of the time, and my leathers were soaked but i had an awesome time. Thanks to MR and his mates for letting me ride with them and not hooning off without me...... And thanks Death for the good show :niceone: hehehe

Once again, it showed to me how good a rider MR is..... Bloody fast yet very safe :niceone:

Draco
27th June 2004, 18:20
You forgot to mention the most important thing of the whole day was that NOBODY CRASHED!!! YAY!! :apint: Close call with a rock on the road though :eek5: Death, saslex, Quasi (i think?), Mr Hornet & Mr Ducati (sorry guys don't know yr names) and I headed out through Ramarama, then on to Whangamata via Miranda and Kopu. After lunching with MR etc we headed back to auckland via waihi, paeroa, hunua. The only patch of dry road we had was through the waihi gorge. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Thanx to all you speed freeks who wait for the nana's like me. Nice to ride with you guys.

Cheers, Draco. :apint:

Two Smoker
27th June 2004, 19:01
Yep awesome too meet you and Death :niceone: and your no nana..... Had a close call with one HP car just before Paeroa too :wacko: and as you said nobody crashed !!!!!!!! :cool: :apint:

Vagabond
27th June 2004, 19:11
You forgot to mention the most important thing of the whole day was that NOBODY CRASHED!!! YAY!! :apint: Close call with a rock on the road though :eek5: Death, saslex, Quasi (i think?), Mr Hornet & Mr Ducati (sorry guys don't know yr names) and I headed out through Ramarama, then on to Whangamata via Miranda and Kopu. After lunching with MR etc we headed back to auckland via waihi, paeroa, hunua. The only patch of dry road we had was through the waihi gorge. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Thanx to all you speed freeks who wait for the nana's like me. Nice to ride with you guys.

Cheers, Draco. :apint:
Thanks for the company everyone, twas a good ride, I don't remember all your names either !
Will definately go on another ride with you guys. (Mr Hornet) :apint:

Two Smoker
27th June 2004, 19:13
Yeah mate :niceone: your bloody quick on that CB900 of yours :niceone:

Skyryder
27th June 2004, 19:28
Hey everyone

Well today, i got up nice and early (still buzzing from my ride with F/F) and checked my PM's, I had one from MR saying when and where i should meet him. So at 0930 i was at the place to meet him. Weather was holding so i was looking forward to a good blat.....

When he arrived I saw the bikes i would be riding with...... 04 CBR1000, VTR-1000, 03 CBR954, 01 R1, 03 R1, CBR900RR and then finally the small bikes, MR's GSX-R600 and my little 150 hehehe....... I thought by far that i was outclassed and what the hell am i doing here riding with these guys :wacko:

But thankfully they never really exceeded my top speed and i kept them insight all the way to the bombays..... Got to the bombays and went via Kaiaua and Miranda, down to Kopu.... Never lost sight once again due to them restraining themselves *phew* so im not on the wrong ride after all i think.....

We then hit the gorge to Whangamata, i was putting on a decent pace, never exceeding my comfort zone, and stayed last behind the 03 R1. Ofcourse MR was up the front......

Then as it got twistier, i was closer to the front (ending up in the top 3).... Got to Whangamata and we stopped at Subway.... Then who turns up???? Death Inc and some more KB'ers...... MR's friends went back the way we came, but MR, Sioni and i tagged along with Death (thanks for that :niceone: )...... We got into the really twisty stuff heading to Waihi, where MR set a cracking pace, i was quite fortunate to be able to keep with him.... then a bit further along i passed MR, and started pushing it a bit harder and got my knee down once, MR kept up with me (i dont know how with his Rennsports :wacko: ) and almost had a close call with a near lowside.....

Got to Waihi and then headed up to Paeroa and back through Hunua.....

It rained most of the time, and my leathers were soaked but i had an awesome time. Thanks to MR and his mates for letting me ride with them and not hooning off without me...... And thanks Death for the good show :niceone: hehehe

Once again, it showed to me how good a rider MR is..... Bloody fast yet very safe :niceone:

Sounds Like you had a good day. And that is what biking is all about. Taking care and looking out for each other. Good post.

Skyryder

Firefight
27th June 2004, 20:06
Yeah mate :niceone: your bloody quick on that CB900 of yours :niceone:

Sounds like you made the best of a wet day, great to hear ,nice write up TS
I have finally paid the price for all my midweek rides, worked all day, ended up out in a storm doing a search & rescue job, got nicely soaked, and so it did not matter rideing home in the storm :cold: as I was already wet.

But as from wednesday morning I start 12 days leave :sunny: :sunny:

F/F :blink:

Racey Rider
27th June 2004, 20:57
You worry me Two Smoke. (and others).

We all know your a good rider.
But even good riders come off at some stage when pushing the limits.
I wasn't there. I haven't been there. But just the "vibe" you give makes me concerned that there's too much Bravado about these "fast" rides on Public roads.
We've seen the pictures of what can happen.

I know there nothing like the feeling of riding on your limit,
and I don't mind if you have an "off" in your persuit of fun.
I don't mind if you smash your bike when after a thrill.
I don't mind if you break an arm and spend six weeks in hospital.
Tho I hope those things never happen to you.

But if you we're killed, because of a simple low slide, under a truck. that would be tragic!
(let alone talking about doing damage to other people).

These are public roads your thrashing on.
Save it for the race track!

Now bag me if you will,, but we are a biker communty here. And these are my concerns.
As I said, I'm not there. Please someone who goes on these rides tell me,,
I/We, as your biker family, have nothing to worry about, that a KB'er won't get killed on one of these rides.
Sincerely.
Racey.

Two Smoker
27th June 2004, 21:06
Thanks for the concern Racey :niceone: I have also started to think this, and have started to slow down..... For instance on the ride yesterday with F/F i had a great time sitting behind him :niceone:

Yes i know the risks, and yes i definately need to race (i wish they would have some more fu*king races further up the island :angry2: )

As KK says, he just worries about surviving on the road so he can get to the next race....... Something im definately going to have in my mind...... Whilst there is still going to be little to stop me from having a good blat (notice the word blat and not race) on the road, i want to and try too leave it to just some sections of road..... I have started doing this, for instance after work i got to Whitfor and back, there are about 3-4 corners i take pretty hard, but inbetween those corners i travel at 80kmh (which fucks off the cages) so i dont have to overtake anyone to have fun on those few corners...... i like to think that that is sort of survival....... And when i go on rides with PT and Milky, i generally go at the pace too :niceone:

Quasievil
27th June 2004, 21:28
fair enough Racy rider. I to am very concerned about safety of my Fellow Kbikers.
I always ride at the back or mid feild and try not to keep up with the faster riders for my own personal safetys sake mainly.
Today and to be brutally honest here I got slack and decided to have a crack and go like hell through the karangahape gorge. I was within my abilities but I shouldnt have been going that fast. I actually am pissed with myself for it.
It was fun though, but I need to pull my head in.
So point taken, I did treat the road, albeit momentarily, like my own personal race track, and I needed a kick up the arse for it to.
Good one for keeping us in tune with reality

wkid_one
27th June 2004, 21:34
Meh - who cares...go hard

Two Smoker
27th June 2004, 21:36
LOL, i reakon........

Quasi, there aint nothing wrong with going hard for a bit (which you did :niceone: ) I think its more inclined to me who generally goes hard most of the time.....

Zed
27th June 2004, 22:06
You worry me Two Smoke. (and others).

We all know your a good rider.
But even good riders come off at some stage when pushing the limits.
I wasn't there. I haven't been there. But just the "vibe" you give makes me concerned that there's too much Bravado about these "fast" rides on Public roads.
We've seen the pictures of what can happen.

I know there nothing like the feeling of riding on your limit,
and I don't mind if you have an "off" in your persuit of fun.
I don't mind if you smash your bike when after a thrill.
I don't mind if you break an arm and spend six weeks in hospital.
Tho I hope those things never happen to you.

But if you we're killed, because of a simple low slide, under a truck. that would be tragic!
(let alone talking about doing damage to other people).

These are public roads your thrashing on.
Save it for the race track!

Now bag me if you will,, but we are a biker communty here. And these are my concerns.
As I said, I'm not there. Please someone who goes on these rides tell me,,
I/We, as your biker family, have nothing to worry about, that a KB'er won't get killed on one of these rides.
Sincerely.
Racey.
A motorcycle fatality can happen while riding fast or slow, while weekend joy riding or commuting to work in heavy traffic - that is the reality...but what you say Racey has to be said from time to time to remind us all of how fragile we really are. :doctor:

Zed

Firefight
28th June 2004, 05:42
Racey I for one would not bag u for showing concern, of course it needs to be thought about from time to time, and even given the amazing talants of these guys, other factors can and do occurr,however Zed also makes a good point, In Aks in the last few months there have been a number of low speed M/cycle fatalities, it can and does happen anywhere and at any speed, Not everyone is happy about track rides, I have done two and was scared shitless both times, got times that could only have been achived at speeds much fasted than my normal top road speed, much has been argued about the risk of both road and track rides.

Your concern is noted, and I for one will try to keep it in mind,

thanks F/F

Draco
28th June 2004, 09:20
Glad to see that safety concerns are being raised constructively, and being listened to. As someone new to KB i have a feeling the group rides have changed somewhat to those in the past. Once again yesterday was a perfect example of what a group ride should be like, those that want to push it do, and those that don't want to don't. Most of all every rider was wearing the maximum safety gear they could, mountains of leather and armour everywhere. The fast riders always stopped and waited for the slow riders, and i didn't see a hint of bad attitude all day, i ride like an absolute nana in the wet and i didn't hear one complaint. I for one am really enjoying the kb rides (just a shame they're always wet!) Now, if only i wasn't the only chick on these rides, hint hint girls. :bleh:

Motoracer
28th June 2004, 09:36
Thank you for your very nice comments Chris.

I have followed you before but only for a short period. Yesterday, I followed you properly to see your riding and I am speechless...

Here's how good this guy is... On a road he has never ridden on, while pissing down with rain, he kept a very respectable pace while he was in front of me. This is the tight and twisty road where I wanted to see him in action on. I could not believe my eyes of how the skinny lil tires of his RG where holding up in the rain in the corners while my Rennsports were telling me to slow the f*ck down! It took some great skill and talent to ride the way he did. I have talked about getting my knee down in the wet but I can only do that when the road is just wet and not raining with very cold temperatures. Yesterday, it was very cold and it was raining so I wasn't even close to getting my knee but I did manage to witness our legend, TS getting his knee down! :eek5: I couldn't believe it man... YOU ROCK!!

phil_elvey
28th June 2004, 10:02
Yeah I dunno what it is about those RGs. I found myself being more careful in the wet since I upgraded to the four hundy. I guess weight has a lot to do with it. Good on ya TS, sounds like you had a primo day! Any time I am able to get north I'd love to have a ride with you guys! One day...

Two Smoker
28th June 2004, 13:58
And thank you for your nice comments Sudeep :niceone: ANd the same goes for you, just simply an awesome rider :niceone:

Yep Phil, im keen to ride with anyone aslong as they are safe :niceone: Be it at Madducks pace or MR's pace im keen, i just enjoy riding full stop :niceone:

Vagabond
28th June 2004, 15:55
Oh boy someone who thinks like me ! :2guns:
Give it horns I say !!!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

Vagabond
28th June 2004, 16:13
Today and to be brutally honest here I got slack and decided to have a crack and go like hell through the karangahape gorge. I was within my abilities but I shouldnt have been going that fast. I actually am pissed with myself for it.

Hey I'm not pissed, as had u been going slower, you might have spoilt our fun just behind you!
You had to take advantage of the almost bone dry roads, they were far and few between yesterday. :doobey:

Shazuki
28th June 2004, 21:43
Glad to see that safety concerns are being raised constructively, and being listened to. As someone new to KB i have a feeling the group rides have changed somewhat to those in the past. Once again yesterday was a perfect example of what a group ride should be like, those that want to push it do, and those that don't want to don't. Most of all every rider was wearing the maximum safety gear they could, mountains of leather and armour everywhere. The fast riders always stopped and waited for the slow riders, and i didn't see a hint of bad attitude all day, i ride like an absolute nana in the wet and i didn't hear one complaint. I for one am really enjoying the kb rides (just a shame they're always wet!) Now, if only i wasn't the only chick on these rides, hint hint girls. :bleh:

Give me another couple of months to get the little gixxer going!
Glad to here you lot got home safely after an adrenalin charged wet ride.
Sudeep, Madandy still raves about your riding on the Waikato run. :2thumbsup
Be safe.
Shaz.

MadDuck
28th June 2004, 21:53
And thank you for your nice comments Sudeep :niceone: ANd the same goes for you, just simply an awesome rider :niceone:

Yep Phil, im keen to ride with anyone aslong as they are safe :niceone: Be it at Madducks pace or MR's pace im keen, i just enjoy riding full stop :niceone:

hahahaha...thanks TS. Ummm good to be at the other end of the scale. If I could ride with half the skill of you and MR I would be one happy duck :blink: Needless to say I am working on it !

If ya got 2 wheels be it slow or fast and it brings a smile to your face it aint been half a bad day or ride. The more I tag along with you young fellas the more I learn.
MD

Two Smoker
29th June 2004, 13:24
Ill take you through some lines if you like Madduck, and slowly increase your pace, maybe on the next slow ride thats organised..... or if your real keen at Puke :niceone: But you were complaining about tyres before werent you??? If i was you, get some Diablo's :niceone: only heard good things about them :niceone:

Hey MR maybe we should head down Waikato way for a ride with Madandy and the others down there......

Quasievil
29th June 2004, 13:35
Ill take you through some lines if you like Madduck, and slowly increase your pace, maybe on the next slow ride thats organised..... or if your real keen at Puke :niceone: But you were complaining about tyres before werent you??? If i was you, get some Diablo's :niceone: only heard good things about them :niceone:

Hey MR maybe we should head down Waikato way for a ride with Madandy and the others down there......

Someone say Waikato ?? I am the King of Waiakato ,I can grant you all sorts of loverly roads to ride on !

DEATH_INC.
29th June 2004, 13:39
TS and MR,and even vagabond,you guys blow me away with your speed and ability in the wet :eek5: definatly above my comfort level. :niceone:
I enjoyed the ride,great fun despite the weather.

Motoracer
29th June 2004, 13:42
Yep, TS, I am keen. I'll definetly have the TZR250 working by then. My lovely Sports Demons that I haven't used up much have already gone all blue on me :(

Quasie said he'll organise one so we can just plan for that one. Last ride was pretty damn good and very well organised. I loved the bit when he had prepaired photocopies of the map for everyone.

Motoracer
29th June 2004, 13:47
TS and MR,and even vagabond,you guys blow me away with your speed and ability in the wet :eek5: definatly above my comfort level. :niceone:

What you do on one wheel is just unreal man! :eek5:

With gusty winds and rain (typical stormy conditions) you were doing one foot stand up wheelies! That's just out of this world!

:not: :not:

Two Smoker
29th June 2004, 13:52
I definately agree, Death you are simply amazing on one wheel :eek5: I was so impressed, and had a huge smile on my face just from watching :niceone:

Im keen for a ride, my bike is getting a new piston next week though :( I thought i was going to definately melt it with you and you mates MR :(

So yep, whens the next one????

Vagabond
29th June 2004, 15:35
What you do on one wheel is just unreal man! :eek5:

With gusty winds and rain (typical stormy conditions) you were doing one foot stand up wheelies! That's just out of this world!

:not: :not:
Couldn't agree with you more MR, as you know I was on my limit especially when we hit that crosswind somewhere near Bombay area :Oops:
Then it came pretty close 2 or 3 bends later :brick:
Thats what it's all about having fun :2guns:

Two Smoker
29th June 2004, 16:04
Couldn't agree with you more MR, as you know I was on my limit especially when we hit that crosswind somewhere near Bombay area :Oops:
Then it came pretty close 2 or 3 bends later :brick:
Thats what it's all about having fun :2guns:I reakon, and while you, I, MR, and everyone else is having near off's because of the wind....... Death is doing a stand up 11 oclock wheelie:eek5:

Im looking forward to seeing you and that CB900 in action, are you coming to the track day????

Vagabond
29th June 2004, 16:51
I reakon, and while you, I, MR, and everyone else is having near off's because of the wind....... Death is doing a stand up 11 oclock wheelie:eek5:

Im looking forward to seeing you and that CB900 in action, are you coming to the track day????
Hey TS I'm keen on going to a open track day but also have other commitments eg: Thundercat racing
Gotta check the calender to make sre dates don't coincide. :Pokey:

DEATH_INC.
29th June 2004, 16:57
Hey TS I'm keen on going to a open track day but also have other commitments eg: Thundercat racing

No wonder you're so quick in the wet........ :P

Quasievil
29th June 2004, 17:25
Yep, TS, I am keen. I'll definetly have the TZR250 working by then. My lovely Sports Demons that I haven't used up much have already gone all blue on me :(

Quasie said he'll organise one so we can just plan for that one. Last ride was pretty damn good and very well organised. I loved the bit when he had prepaired photocopies of the map for everyone.

Hey thanks MR. I am going to start on it soon.Im thinking of waiting for the weather to settle as the route Im going to plan on has got ice on it on many days. I dont want the unaware to loose it on that slippery stuff.
I am actually thinking of making it a weekend event overnighting south Waikato and riding on Sunday as well. Overnight in say Tokaanu Just north of Turangi at the hot springs.
Really cheap and a pup close by and a hot spring for a soak.
I want also to have a van support so there is back up for those with breakdowns etc. THERE WILL BE NO BINS.
I want it to be a fucken memorable event thats well planned.
The planning will be around the better weather months say September October.
What ya think?

Motoracer
29th June 2004, 17:27
What ya think?

Bloody awesome!!

Two Smoker
29th June 2004, 18:01
Sounds bloody awesome :niceone: mmmmmm lots of twisty roads.... excellent