PDA

View Full Version : How can I check if my frame's straight ?

jade
30th September 2006, 19:22
How can I check if my frames straight ?Ive just got my bike back together but still have some work to do, I bent the lower triple clamp on my bike and have replaced it with a new one, the wheel doesnt appear to have moved forward any ?
Im pretty sure the forks arent bent because with the wheel off each fork spins freely inside the sleeve...

Sketchy_Racer
30th September 2006, 19:59
when you spin the forks in the clamps. Do the bottoms of the forks spin true?

But thats the problem with newer stronger USD forks. They bend the frame now instead of just the forks!

MVnut
30th September 2006, 22:01
Ring Steve at F1 Engineering 07 8476990 :cool:

jade
1st October 2006, 10:55
Where abouts is that ?
Im now convinced the wheel hasnt moved, it appears to ride straight but under braking the wheel has rubbed all the rubber off the sparkplug head
also Im having some real trouble bleeding my brembos, after bleeding they feel really good until you go for as short ride then the lever pulls all the way back to the bar, then on the second pump they feel good again

MVnut
1st October 2006, 10:58
F1 is at 6 Colombe St, Hamilton

MVnut
1st October 2006, 11:00
Sorry, Colombo St:banana:

jade
1st October 2006, 16:38
true, went to cycle treads today for their opinion, found I had bent discs...
They also reccomended steve at f1 for checking everything out, looks to be the next step, thanx for your help

jade
3rd October 2006, 19:12
If my forks happen to be bent (cause I really dont think my frame is,
Does f1 have the required tools to straighten them?? they arent creased or anything.. so yea thats my question, does f1 straighten forks ?

AllanB
6th October 2006, 08:10
http://www.rapidartnz.com

all a bloke needs to know about F1, and if not phone to discuss.