PDA

View Full Version : Mounting ohlins adjustable preload unit.

texmo
1st October 2006, 03:17
Right now my rear shock preload adjuster is mounted on a bit of alloy the two smoker made up for me :2thumbsup
But, I no longer that a left hand side pillion peg, so where do you guys and how do you guys mount your little preload adjustment units?

SARGE
1st October 2006, 09:26
Right now my rear shock preload adjuster is mounted on a bit of alloy the two smoker made up for me :2thumbsup
But, I no longer that a left hand side pillion peg, so where do you guys and how do you guys mount your little preload adjustment units?

i can swing by so you can have a nose at my setup Tex..

onearmedbandit
1st October 2006, 09:35
Mine goes on the right hand side pillion peg, which you'll most probably keep (in some form) as it also supports the exhaust. Took it straight from the instructions provided.

The_Dover
1st October 2006, 09:40
get a bit of ally and make a bracket which uses the pillion peg bolt holes. should be a piece of piss.

Sensei
1st October 2006, 11:09
They are placed here & should have the bracket bolted to the Preloader if not someone has taken it off as they are part of the kit .

texmo
1st October 2006, 11:40
i can swing by so you can have a nose at my setup Tex..
Yeah man would be good, will see how I get on first though.
Yeah dover thats what I was thinking but was just gonna see how others did it first no point in reinventing the wheel. Thanks OAB and Sensei

Lou Girardin
1st October 2006, 14:41
Mine's mounted on the pillion peg hanger.

Two Smoker
1st October 2006, 19:09
Use the bracket i made, but get a longer bolt so it can go through both the plate and the pillion rearset...

mikey
1st October 2006, 19:29
keep the pegs. good crash bungs and good for stand up wheelies. my bike doesnt have any..........

oldguy
1st October 2006, 20:10
heres were mine is on the FireStorm, installed the whole unit myself.