1st October 2006, 18:32
That rider is just studly!!

Black Bandit
1st October 2006, 22:54
That rider is just studly!!

Nutty more like - no protective gear.

Waylander
1st October 2006, 22:59
Damn, don't have the right codec to play it...

Momentum
1st October 2006, 23:30
Now this is why you dont leave your bike alone with Kicking and Road rash.

I found out the hard way tonight lol

kickingzebra
2nd October 2006, 07:14

I couldn't disagree, but studly none the less!

It only hurts if you fall off, and hey, at 30 kmph or higher on a pushbike, you're only gonna be wearing lycra. Thats as fast as I was going.
Safety Nazi = Labour voter... GRRR

Seraph
8th October 2006, 14:54
Is it just me, or does his leg fly out to the side for a second in the second clip..?

Big Chim
8th October 2006, 19:20
highly likely.

He Kinda walks like that to hahaha

Brett
9th October 2006, 18:51
Hmm, if he waited till he was higher in the rev range, and only blipped the clutch, then he could get much smoother uplift and it holds much better, also comes down a lot softer and doesn't rape the clutch or front shocks as much...Good to see them trying tho!

Brett
9th October 2006, 18:53

I do my best wheelies and stoppies in a hoodie, jeans and helmet. However i generally try and wear my jacket also.

kickingzebra
11th October 2006, 06:53
Don't talk about how much I raped it, It was someones bike I was working on :lol: :devil2:

Brett
11th October 2006, 17:28
LOL... i didn't see any raping...:Pokey: What i saw was someone feeling a bike out for weak points :lol: :banana:

vtec
11th October 2006, 20:38
Hehe yeah, That's the reason why I don't spend much time trying to wheelie the CBR... to much clutch dump rapeage. Bad for just about everything in the bike. Plus the revs drop too much if you do it like that, and then it loses all power and you come crashing back down. You have to do clutch slipping launches maintaining the revs at about 15-17,000rpm to get smooth wheelies, and it still won't maintain it for long, cause you run out of revs, and I'm not one for balance point wheelies.

kickingzebra
12th October 2006, 07:50
Clutch wear etc is hard to quantify, but it takes a lot of power/torque to start considerably wearing clutch plates.
Drag racing is far worse on clutches, as the power is fed through, as opposed to straight on.
The worst things about wheelying 250s would be the usual, steering head bearings etc.
meh, we proved a point ;) CBR 250s wheely.

Brett
12th October 2006, 21:39
It is possible to get the front up and down smoothly on a 250. I have found that my bike does it nicely if i go in first gear to about 7000rpm, and with the throttle still on, blip the clutch with my weight to the back, and it lifts perfectly right up near to balance point. Then just back the throttle off a tad and fully open once the power is no longer enough to keep the front skywayrd, and it will touch down a lot more gently.
I have only found balance point like 3 times, and each time so far i was not entirely expecting it, and was unable to hook second and hold it there.

Momentum
15th October 2006, 22:21
hmmmmmmmmmmmm so i get the bike back on the road and get a wof for it.

And On friday some part of the clutch went hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jono:Pokey: :spanking:

but i dont think it was from that becasue the clutch was gripping fine

but as i came up the drive and down changed leaver just went slack

kickingzebra
16th October 2006, 07:53
Pressure plate or return spring methinks... time will tell!

The Pastor
17th October 2006, 17:12
bro those vids suck? there not real wheelies.....