PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: VMCC Free Manfeild track day (21/10/06)

svs
2nd October 2006, 12:27
VMCC Fundays are back.....

Saturday 21st October: Track day open to VMCC members ONLY. Free of charge, no memberships on the day :)

Sunday 22nd October: Public Open Day. $50 for the day.

Both are at Manfeild. Both will be run with 4 sessions - slow, medium, fast and race. Both will be strictly limited in numbers (max 35 bikes per class). First Come - First Served. Entry on the day only. Full protection must be worn - no jeans etc.

the yoshie
2nd October 2006, 12:39
I'm in for Saturday what time are you starting signing in.

Saturday 21st October: Track day open to VMCC members ONLY. Free of charge, no memberships on the day :)

Both are at Manfeild. Both will be run with 4 sessions - slow, medium, fast and race. Both will be strictly limited in numbers (max 35 bikes per class). First Come - First Served. Entry on the day only. Full protection must be worn - no jeans etc.

kiwifruit
2nd October 2006, 12:40
wow, thats pretty cool!

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 13:01
Funtastic!

MattRSK
2nd October 2006, 13:01
Hey awesome, I will be there.
Just a question, Will it be possible to change groups throughout the day? If you find one class too slow/fast?

bobsmith
2nd October 2006, 13:02
Hmmm how do I go about joining VMCC? :)

What time does the sign up start on Sunday? I assume bikes only?

kiwifruit
2nd October 2006, 13:10
Hmmm how do I go about joining VMCC? :)

What time does the sign up start on Sunday? I assume bikes only?

http://www.vicclub.co.nz/ :)

sugilite
2nd October 2006, 13:12
Yeeeee Haaaaaaa! :banana: :banana: :banana:

svs
2nd October 2006, 13:13
Some details still to be sorted. But....

Bikes Only. Must be warrented/road fit or up to MNZ standards for race bikes
Signon probably from around 8:15. It's only a track day - I don't want to have to be there too early :)
Join VMCC: See website (http://www.vicclub.co.nz/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=16)
You might be able to change groups. Depending on numbers and also you wouldn't be able to go out in 2 groups in the same set of sessions.
Slow group will probably have a lead rider
If you're an idiot we reserve the right to chuck you out
If you're too fast/slow we might ask you to change groups

Goblin
2nd October 2006, 13:16
Will it be the short track or the long track?

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 13:16
Going to ask the obvious...join with VMCC today and ride for free on Sat?

texmo
2nd October 2006, 13:17
I am in man, will it be short circut? is it open on friday too?

Sketchy_Racer
2nd October 2006, 13:18
hmm. I bet your going to have quite a few VMC memberships coming soon.

svs
2nd October 2006, 13:24
We've done this for quite a few years now. Something for the VMCC members who aren't racing all the time.

It's on the Short Circuit (3km).
Track is open on the friday - it's a manfeild normal test daySee here (http://www.manfeild.co.nz/testdays.asp)
St Johns will be in attendance - but no-one's going to crash are they.....

If anyone just wants to help out - flaggies and the like then let us know. Lots of people want to take advantage of these things, but we still need help to make it run smoothly - This isn't a full race day, with fast crash recovery and the normal dedicated marshall team.

skelstar
2nd October 2006, 13:30
Fark... so arguably you could turn up for the test-day (fri), VMCC day (sat), and trackday (sun)...for about $35+$50+$80 = $165.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd October 2006, 13:51
Will there be track timing?

sugilite
2nd October 2006, 14:10
Highly unlikely dude, it will be back to the good ole days with mates holding stop watches

ajturbo
2nd October 2006, 14:25

ooo out comes the bucket !!!:banana: :banana:

svs
2nd October 2006, 14:28
Will there be track timing?

no. it's a fun track day. start counting as you pass the finish line.

Fatjim
2nd October 2006, 14:36
In that case I better lap under 1 min 39 seconds. What comes after 99?

Fatjim
2nd October 2006, 14:39
Hey SVS, whats the cost to members on the Sunday if we can't make the saturday?

ta

kiwifruit
2nd October 2006, 14:42
Highly unlikely dude, it will be back to the good ole days with mates holding stop watches
unless you've got a lap timer on yer bike eh ;)

ajturbo
2nd October 2006, 14:50
Some details still to be sorted. But....

Bikes Only. Must be warrented/road fit or up to MNZ standards for race bikes
Signon probably from around 8:15. It's only a track day - I don't want to have to be there too early :)
Join VMCC: See website (http://www.vicclub.co.nz/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=16)
You might be able to change groups. Depending on numbers and also you wouldn't be able to go out in 2 groups in the same set of sessions.
Slow group will probably have a lead rider
If you're an idiot we reserve the right to chuck you out
If you're too fast/slow we might ask you to change groups

if i make it out, i'll get luke to wave a flag for ya... or i'll kill him... sound ok?

texmo
2nd October 2006, 15:06

But I have no friends:weep:

Sketchy_Racer
2nd October 2006, 15:15

Same situation for me!!!

sugilite
2nd October 2006, 15:17
unless you've got a lap timer on yer bike eh ;)

Yeah, but my average lap on the 10 goes somthing like this....
Faster, faster, woah BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE, shit am I gonna make it!!! Whew, faster faster, ARRRGGGGGGG BRAKE BRAKE, bloody gas it ya woose, faster, faster, SHIT!!! BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES oh, where is that laptimer thingie again?
Yep, with the trigger on the throttle and brake side, I never worked out where I ever had time to use it, we removed the left hand switch block now anyways, so cannot activate it!
Though I do like the shift light thingie! (I set mine 1000 rpm before redline)

I hear team muppet have a rent a friends at "cut down" rates :lol:
Failing that, beer seems to work!

kiwifruit
2nd October 2006, 15:21
Yeah, but my average lap on the 10 goes somthing like this....
Faster, faster, woah BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE, shit am I gonna make it!!! Whew, faster faster, ARRRGGGGGGG BRAKE BRAKE, bloody gas it ya woose, faster, faster, SHIT!!! BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES oh, where is that laptimer thingie again?
Yep, with the trigger on the throttle and brake side, I never worked out where I ever had time to use it, we removed the left hand switch block now anyways, so cannot activate it!
Though I do like the shift light thingie! (I set mine 1000 rpm before redline)

lol dude
its understandable that you dont really have time to fluff around with such gadgetry :lol:
i, however, have alot of spare time to kill when tootling around the track :nana:

svs
2nd October 2006, 15:27
Hey SVS, whats the cost to members on the Sunday if we can't make the saturday?

ta

Sunday is $50 for anyone. Hadn't planned discounting again for VMCC members since you got the free day on Saturday. Will raise it with committee though.

mikey
2nd October 2006, 17:17
Sunday is $50 for anyone. Hadn't planned discounting again for VMCC members since you got the free day on Saturday. Will raise it with committee though.

if you can afford a bayliss i dont think 50 will have you seraching far, youll probably want change for your 1000 dollar note.
come on, non profit organisation an all

chanceyy
2nd October 2006, 21:08

coughs .. i vaguely remember holding a cellie with stopwatch recently .. hmmm

texmo
3rd October 2006, 08:51
coughs .. i vaguely remember holding a cellie with stopwatch recently .. hmmm

haha thats right thanks again:2thumbsup

Velox
3rd October 2006, 21:17
Stink, I had a membership until last May.

How bout Kids Love Mince Racing member come for free too?:2thumbsup

Skunk
3rd October 2006, 21:28
Fark... so arguably you could turn up for the test-day (fri), VMCC day (sat), and trackday (sun)...for about $35+$50+$80 = $165.
Test Day is $100...

Ferk! Wrong weekend for me.

skelstar
3rd October 2006, 21:30
Ive yet to see more than one KLM member on the track in a 24hour period.

Velox
3rd October 2006, 21:55
Ive yet to see more than one KLM member on the track in a 24hour period.

Ahem... I think you'll find that both me and Joe were on the Taupo track at the same time and me and Nick were on a Manfeild one at the same time so that's enough of that young man. The Nov Taupo trackday might have 5 of us out there! If you're lucky.

Sparky Bills
3rd October 2006, 21:58
ill be there with bells on!

skelstar
3rd October 2006, 22:02
Now now Vex...Im only concerned about you crazy kids and your racing club :).

the yoshie
16th October 2006, 11:43
Anyone riding up to manfeild on saturday I'll be leaveing PB Paraparaumu around 8am if anyone wants to hook up

Deano
16th October 2006, 11:47
Anyone riding up to manfeild on saturday I'll be leaveing PB Paraparaumu around 8am if anyone wants to hook up

I'm in. C ya there.

the yoshie
16th October 2006, 11:54
I'm in. C ya there.

Sweet deano the blades turn this weekend is it, sounds like you enjoyed the 400 last weekend

Deano
16th October 2006, 13:33
Sweet deano the blades turn this weekend is it, sounds like you enjoyed the 400 last weekend

Yep, I'm bringing the 'big' blade this time. I just have to remember not to use the 400 braking markers or I will be in biiiiig trouble.

Sparky Bills
16th October 2006, 16:49
Yep, I'm bringing the 'big' blade this time. I just have to remember not to use the 400 braking markers or I will be in biiiiig trouble.

Is that like the last time you had the big blade on the track??

I seem to remember you in that gravel trap a couple times:whistle:

Ill be there! Gona have the 600, 900SS Ducati.

Should be a fun weekend.

See you all there.

skelstar
16th October 2006, 17:36
Do you need someone to ride that 900SS Martin? :whistle:

fizzafulla
17th October 2006, 09:54
Hi, about the Sunday open day, I've never been on a track, how slow is the slow group?

Kendog
17th October 2006, 12:48
Hi, about the Sunday open day, I've never been on a track, how slow is the slow group?

I'm planning on being in it, so SLOWWWWWWW. :zzzz:
Mrs KD.

Fatjim
17th October 2006, 19:25
How slow is the slow group?

If you bike has a motor, you'll be right. You'll have a blast, no matter how quick or slow you think you are.

Fatjim
17th October 2006, 19:29
if you can afford a bayliss i dont think 50 will have you seraching far, youll probably want change for your 1000 dollar note.
come on, non profit organisation an all

Sweet, I'll take it out of the $250 I owe you.

kiwifruit
18th October 2006, 10:13
looking forward to this
anyone else travelling down from these parts?
im aiming to leave taupo at 6am :scooter:

Sparky Bills
19th October 2006, 16:40
Gona be there both days.

Weather looking a bit dodgy!
Going to break out the helmet camera too, so should get some good shots!

Hey Skels..
The duc is a heavy, noisey, loud bike, you wouldnt like it at all:innocent:

Will be good to rde the old girl again! OHHHHH MEMORIES!!!

skelstar
20th October 2006, 07:47
Hey Skels..
The duc is a heavy, noisey, loud bike, you wouldnt like it at all:innocent:
Ah....but you did think about it for two days didn't ya buddy?

MattRSK
21st October 2006, 15:09
:eek5: :crazy: :2thumbsup :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :eek5: :crazy: :2thumbsup

I think that about sums it up!

MattRSK
21st October 2006, 15:11
Thanks all for a brilliant day. Had my mate out there taking photos all day. She is pretty confident that she got photos of everyone. If you would like more info pm me. I will get them in the next few days.

Cheers

Racey Rider
21st October 2006, 15:13
was it wet at all down there?

MattRSK
21st October 2006, 15:14
was it wet at all down there?

Nah mate perfect day. a bit wet now though!

the yoshie
21st October 2006, 15:19
A big thank you to the guys from the vic club who helped at manfeild today it was an awsome day guys.

Ivan
22nd October 2006, 17:29
yeah was awsome I hit a 1:18 on a 125 GP bike awsome, Im still stoked any pics number 59 black rs125 honda in the fast bikes

kiwifruit
22nd October 2006, 18:51
had a great time, buggered off at lunch time in an attempt to get home dry (failed).
took it easy on the track, gave it full throttle twice i think, just being a nana and playing.
nice relaxed day, thanks heaps svs and co, was awesome :)

Sketchy_Racer
22nd October 2006, 18:58
bugger! i didn't get to meet ya Kiwifruit!!

Did ya see me on the CanBrace 150?? green??

kiwifruit
22nd October 2006, 21:26
yep saw you there mate, you were going well :yes:

Racey Rider
23rd October 2006, 07:45
yeah was awsome I hit a 1:18 on a 125 GP bike awsome, Im still stoked any pics number 59 black rs125 honda in the fast bikes

Well Done Ivan!
1:18 on a 125 is a Great time round Manfield!
Faster than Adam Chambers has EVER been timed in fact!

Am I right that the Best time you where electronically timed (in the dry) on Manfield short track was at the August race day (http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=208186)last year. It shows you did a 1:30.

Great to see you've made such progress. What do you think it was that gained you this 12 seconds a lap?

FROSTY
23rd October 2006, 07:52
hheehehheehhehee---SPRUNG

Sketchy_Racer
23rd October 2006, 08:02
Great to see you've made such progress. What do you think it was that gain you this 12 seconds a lap?

I think the time off the bike has done him good. There was less pressure on him, so he could relax...

Everyone knows that a calm and in control racer is faster than a stressed out one!!

Ivan
23rd October 2006, 16:58
yeahmy best recorded time is 1:24 http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=229536

The main thing was being relaxed and taking in adivice and rememerbing what Shaun told me you can break a whole shit load later and thats what I did and that he also told me the corner is so much wider so you can try new lines and still have 12 metres before you run of the track which helped

Racey Rider
23rd October 2006, 17:12
I didn't see that 1:24 as it had 'Long track' on the "mylaps" page above your times. Good work.
I look forward to seeing you give Adam some hassling on the track next year.

MattRSK
23rd October 2006, 17:16
Yeah I did about a 3:40. Was grand!

Ivan
23rd October 2006, 18:15
hey matt you wernt that slow you musta been doing 1:40 somethings you have a lot of potential to be a good rider

And thanks Racey, I hope I am near Adam next year now the plan after kindly talking to my dadto go halves is to do Manfield and Pukekohe Nats

ajturbo
18th November 2006, 08:41
yeahmy best recorded time is 1:24 http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=229536

now i have the miss fixed on the gt.... i'll give ya a run for ya money...:done:

Ivan
18th November 2006, 08:44
now i have the miss fixed on the gt.... i'll give ya a run for ya money...:done:

AJ you ramble some shit :done:

Sketchy_Racer
18th November 2006, 09:18
Likewise for you Ivan