PDA

View Full Version : MotoTT Taupo Trackday 24 Nov 06

SN4PD
2nd October 2006, 20:25
MotoTT Taupo Track Day Friday 24'th November 2006

KB Calendar: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=961&day=2006-11-24&c=1 (add name to list if attending)

Info Website: www.motott.co.nz (http://www.motott.co.nz/)

No Spaces Left

Hi Liam

The last remaining spots have just gone today. If you have any riding mates keen to attend we normally get some cancellations over the next couple weeks.

Tell them to email me if they want to go on the waiting list.

Regards
Peter Harkess
MotoTT
harkess@clear.net.nz

DEATH_INC.
3rd October 2006, 18:38
Pretty good chance I'll be there.........:banana:

SN4PD
3rd October 2006, 18:49
Pretty good chance I'll be there.........:banana:

You coming down from AK?

DEATH_INC.
23rd October 2006, 04:24
Yep, still gottta see if the budget will allow it but should be going. I head down on the day with the bike on a trailer.

Meekey_Mouse
23rd October 2006, 13:43
I'll be there... my first track day :woohoo: :banana: :chase:

Matt Bleck
23rd October 2006, 19:41
yip all sorted for this. :niceone:

kiwifruit
23rd October 2006, 19:49
i'll be there :pinch:

Leong
24th October 2006, 20:02
Me too..:sunny:

SN4PD
30th October 2006, 16:49
30 Spaces left atm, get your booking in NOW!

saul
30th October 2006, 17:32
Booked just need to tell the wife:love: :rockon: :innocent:

Idrumm
30th October 2006, 21:21
Booked just need to tell the wife:love: :rockon: :innocent:

Yip just booked, made the cup of tea, made the bed, did the dishes,
Ill do the same tomorrow then Ill tell my wife:innocent:

Waylander
30th October 2006, 21:26
Wish I could book time, but I'll be lucky if I can even get down there to watch.

Waylander
31st October 2006, 16:56
Hmm, may yet get to go. Will see how this weekend goes. As the saying goes, watch this space.

GIXser
1st November 2006, 19:40
yep im on this,,,, sorted

Meekey_Mouse
2nd November 2006, 16:09
Hmm, may yet get to go. Will see how this weekend goes. As the saying goes, watch this space.

haha.. if you need incentive.... You could always try get a photo of the un-photoable, if you remember!!:dodge:

*thinks* Might not be a good idea to dare you... so this is no dare... just incentive :D

Jas

SN4PD
2nd November 2006, 17:11
You lot better get your accomodation sorted pretty quickly, its the round the lakes cycle ride that weekend so 99% of motels are fully booked.

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 17:59
we've only got a dozen or so spaces remaining

Meekey_Mouse
2nd November 2006, 18:27
If there are a few people still needin a place to stay.. you can stay here if you like. Might need to bring a sleeping bag and depending upon how many people, possibly a tent.

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 22:02
we've only got a dozen or so spaces remaining
CAn you save one for me bro? I was gonna have the money for you tonight but Paturua found me a replacement REg/REc so I'm gonna be getting that so I have no more charging issues. I will have the money as I've just gotten myself a second job so only thing I need to sort out now is a trailor down there and back.

haha.. if you need incentive.... You could always try get a photo of the un-photoable, if you remember!!:dodge:

*thinks* Might not be a good idea to dare you... so this is no dare... just incentive :D

Jas
Flirting again are you? Carefull I might take it seriously lol.

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 22:15
CAn you save one for me bro?

give Peter an email on ride@motott.co.nz with your name, bike, fast med or slow.
you have until 4 days before if you want to prepay (100) or 120 on the day

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 22:20
give Peter an email on ride@motott.co.nz with your name, bike, fast med or slow.
you have until 4 days before if you want to prepay (100) or 120 on the day
Sweet email being sent now.

Expect to hardly see me on the site the next few weeks. Wokring 16 hour week days and 12 hour weekends. heh.

Oh yea, is it extra to go into two groups? And can I decide to join a second group on the day?

kickingzebra
2nd November 2006, 22:22
Hmm... Will think on it...

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 22:27
towards the end of the day you might be able to sneak into 2 groups...
ask peter :)

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 22:29
towards the end of the day you might be able to sneak into 2 groups...
ask peter :)
Shold I just start out in Medium then?

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 22:37
Shold I just start out in Medium then?

its up to you man,
have you been on the track before?
medium will be fine im sure, if its too fast for you its ok to go to the slow group ;)

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 22:43
its up to you man,
have you been on the track before?
medium will be fine im sure, if its too fast for you its ok to go to the slow group ;)
You mock but that is my genuine concern. Vmax isn't the best for corners though I do alright and the track there being what it is....

Yes first track day and only really going in hopes of finding someone I can follow to learn better lines in corners. (and to see what I can do on the main straight:yes:)

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 22:49
you will be fine man, can i have a go on it? :D

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 22:51
you will be fine man, can i have a go on it? :D
Mate, I'm not letting my dad ride this one yet. SHe's still my baby and the fact that I've had her in its in the garage almost every night for the past 2 weeks trying to sort the charging problem... At most you might get to sit on it with the engine running like DMNTD did tonight at the pub lol.

kiwifruit
2nd November 2006, 22:58
At most you might get to sit on it with the engine running like DMNTD did tonight at the pub lol.

can i put it into gear too? :innocent:

Waylander
2nd November 2006, 23:04
can i put it into gear too? :innocent:
Hmm.......
Nah, you'll want to do a burnout and I can't afford a new rear tyre just yet....

FROSTY
6th November 2006, 07:25
bugger--limited time off work

byjeysus 2 race meetings and a trackday--all on the same weekend
its frigging all or nothing

SN4PD
6th November 2006, 18:32
No spaces left guys, there is however a waiting list if you email Peter Harkess, (see first post).

If your coming add your name to the fucking list http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=961&day=2006-11-24&c=1

SuperDave
6th November 2006, 18:38
I've already reserved a place for myself and my old man.
I really hope my brakes are sorted by then, I only got in two sessions at the KB trackday as a result. Seeing the speed that Shaun works at though :gob: he'll probably have them sorted in a few minutes!

SN4PD
6th November 2006, 18:45
I only got in two sessions at the KB trackday as a result.!

I feel your pain.......... only got 3 sessions in during the afternoon because of my broken rearset.

Waylander
6th November 2006, 18:45
Got my space reservedand have time off from work now just need to pay for it. (should be next thursday)

Also, your link thingie doesn't work.

SN4PD
6th November 2006, 18:48
Also, your link thingie doesn't work.

Does now :bleh:

Waylander
6th November 2006, 18:55
Does now :bleh:
And I'm added now.

I should start looking at new tyre costs to see if I can afford to burn this one a bit lol.

kickingzebra
6th November 2006, 19:43
Sussed. I'm in. Dry run for my nationals set up!! Aight!!

R6_kid
7th November 2006, 16:49
Will be there, got Sallo in tow with her ZXR for her first time on the track. She's been improving heaps on the road so im interested to see how she performs on the track. Just gotta get her kitted up in some leathers and she'll be all go!

Waylander
7th November 2006, 16:52
Anyone in Tauranga, Hamilton, or Rotorua area have spare room on thier trailor?

kickingzebra
7th November 2006, 21:47
sorry bro, can't help you there this time

Waylander
8th November 2006, 17:35
Guess I'll just have to ride it down.:shutup:

Meekey_Mouse
8th November 2006, 21:10
Guess I'll just have to ride it down.:shutup:

PM Goblin, She might be able to help you out

Waylander
8th November 2006, 21:13
PM Goblin, She might be able to help you out
Lol, would rather rub my eyes with sandpaper lol, me and her in a cage for an hour or whatever would not be good.

You gonna be there? Should I bring my camera?

Matt Bleck
9th November 2006, 13:02
Lol, would rather rub my eyes with sandpaper lol, me and her in a cage for an hour or whatever would not be good.

:killingme :killingme :killingme

Meekey_Mouse
9th November 2006, 20:47

Haha, ok.. would you like me to bring you some sandpaper?

Dude... leave the camera... I'll be a nervous wreck. My first time out on the track :sweatdrop I won't be lookin for camera's... so it possibly won't be much of a challenge. Scary little flashing things they are though

SN4PD
9th November 2006, 21:05
My first time out on the track :sweatdrop I won't be lookin for camera's... so it possibly won't be much of a challenge. Scary little flashing things they are though

First time on the track is fucking awesome, and you'll want the photos later :)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45670&d=1162886682

Meekey_Mouse
9th November 2006, 21:15
Hey, wow... that is an awsome pic. I met you at the track day :D

Looks like a heap of fun.. I'm still real nervous though lol

kickingzebra
9th November 2006, 22:12
You'll be right! My first time on the track I crashed hard, if you can stay upright, you'll be doing better than me anyway!!

Goblin
9th November 2006, 22:18
Anyone in Tauranga, Hamilton, or Rotorua area have spare room on thier trailor?
What....you need to trailer your road legal bike from Tauranga to Taupo? Here's a thought....grow some balls and ride it! :yes:

Save the sandpaper for the sides of your tyres after the trackday.

Waylander
9th November 2006, 23:08
Haha, ok.. would you like me to bring you some sandpaper?

Dude... leave the camera... I'll be a nervous wreck. My first time out on the track :sweatdrop I won't be lookin for camera's... so it possibly won't be much of a challenge. Scary little flashing things they are though
Cool, so you would be on the track same time as me anyway.

What....you need to trailer your road legal bike from Tauranga to Taupo? Here's a thought....grow some balls and ride it! :yes:

need the trailer so I don't have to worry about pulling things like mirrors and plate off after I've gotten to the track.

My bike also has a very small tank and I would like to be able to use the majority of my money on petrol for the track and not getting there and back.

I also have no chicken strips to sand off. Front tyre yes but not worried about that one.

I figured you would agree with me since me and you don't get along that well on things like crossing centre lines and such lol.

Goblin
10th November 2006, 07:10
need the trailer so I don't have to worry about pulling things like mirrors and plate off after I've gotten to the track.

My bike also has a very small tank and I would like to be able to use the majority of my money on petrol for the track and not getting there and back.

I also have no chicken strips to sand off. Front tyre yes but not worried about that one.

I figured you would agree with me since me and you don't get along that well on things like crossing centre lines and such lol.
It would take all of about five minutes to take mirrors off. Not a major job ya know.

Do you think trailers tow themselves around? For free?

The_Dover
10th November 2006, 07:26

they do in canada

kiwifruit
10th November 2006, 07:27
yep, ride it over waylander, its only an hour or so.
If you cba taking the mirrors off then just tape them up and fold them in.

boomer
10th November 2006, 07:40

Feisty, aren't we!

Have fun peeps!

GIXser
10th November 2006, 08:25
fucken gonna eat ya on the track Boomerboy...

SuperDave
10th November 2006, 13:09
Hey guys who wants to see ANOTHER pic of me from the KB trackday?

The_Dover
10th November 2006, 13:11
fuck off, i wanna see more pics of me on the king.

SlowHand
10th November 2006, 15:24
First time on the track is fucking awesome, and you'll want the photos later :)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45670&d=1162886682

I used to think those internal sun visor things looked kewl and very Top Gun-like.

Fuck Top Gun is gay.

Waylander
10th November 2006, 15:50
It would take all of about five minutes to take mirrors off. Not a major job ya know.

This is why I would rather sand my eyes out. Do you really think I wouldn't offer to help with gas?

SuperDave
10th November 2006, 16:20
This is why I would rather sand my eyes out. Do you really think I wouldn't offer to help with gas?

Surely your bike would be more economical than towing it plus presumably another bike in a trailer there? I'd imagine if you went the trailered option the gas cost even when split between two people would still be more.

Waylander
10th November 2006, 16:23
Already decided to ride down so no point arguing it more. I was more worried about if I came off on the track and would then have no obvious way to get the bike home.
Damn no wonder no one tries to be sensible on here.

SuperDave
10th November 2006, 16:51
If you did happen to come off mate, no doubt someone would help you out getting you and the bike back to Hams.

GIXser
10th November 2006, 20:16
Already decided to ride down so no point arguing it more. I was more worried about if I came off on the track and would then have no obvious way to get the bike home.
Damn no wonder no one tries to be sensible on here.

hey ya "cop" im going down the night efore with my trailer, there should be room on it for yours,, up to you...

boomer
10th November 2006, 21:16
fucken gonna eat ya on the track Boomerboy...

UNFORTUNATELY I WON'T BE AT THIS ONE, MAY BE THERE IN DEC IF THE DOVER PULLS FINGER :d

AS FOR EATING ME UP, YOU'LL CHEW ME UP ON ONE WHEEL... 'TILL WE GET TO THE TWISTIES THEN I'M GONNA BE GOOOOOONE :dodge: I HAVE A SECRET WEAPON TOO.. I'LL BRING HIM ALONG ( A FRIEND OF YOURS WITH RED HAIR?? ) :p

Goblin
10th November 2006, 22:06
Do you really think I wouldn't offer to help with gas? Yes...."My bike also has a very small tank and I would like to be able to use the majority of my money on petrol for the track and not getting there and back." The majority of your money will go into the towing vehicle's petrol tank.

Surely your bike would be more economical than towing it plus presumably another bike in a trailer there? I'd imagine if you went the trailered option the gas cost even when split between two people would still be more.Thank you Dave! You'd be right too.

I was more worried about if I came off on the track and would then have no obvious way to get the bike home.
If you're really worried about it...take your meds and try to stay calm. There are people who can help....wearing their white coats, and sterile rubber gloves!:doctor: Your bike would be taken back for you I'm sure....but you'll have to cough up some cash to pay for gas for whoever has to go out of their way to take your wrecked bike home. Ok? Wont be me cos if I do go for a look, I'll be on my bike!:innocent:

GIXser
11th November 2006, 07:14
UNFORTUNATELY I WON'T BE AT THIS ONE, MAY BE THERE IN DEC IF THE DOVER PULLS FINGER :d

AS FOR EATING ME UP, YOU'LL CHEW ME UP ON ONE WHEEL... 'TILL WE GET TO THE TWISTIES THEN I'M GONNA BE GOOOOOONE :dodge: I HAVE A SECRET WEAPON TOO.. I'LL BRING HIM ALONG ( A FRIEND OF YOURS WITH RED HAIR?? ) :p

got a new boyfriend have ya??? i thought that turdburglar Dover was ya lover"!!

ps, i dont have any friends with RED hair...... or any friends!!!

Kyle
11th November 2006, 07:47
I forget which bike shop it was, but i believe they said during briefing, if you crash and have to be carted off in the ambulance they will take your bike to that bike shop and you can arrange to pick it up from there anytime. Im sure the same would stand if the bike is unridable and you have no other option, but looking at that picture of Knead-it around the footpeg, and remembering how we Knead-it fixed a punctured water pipe so the owner could ride home, id say even if ya crash, it will still be ridable. I crashed last time i was at taupo, massive highside, and i still rode it back to the pits, didnt have any front brake fluid left after the cap broke off, but i still rode it.

On a brighter note, Ill be there, all booked in, bike is nearly ready, just have to go into work today and bleed the brakes. And depending on the weather forecast closer to the day, decide weither to leave my road tires on or fit my shiny brand-spanken-new slicks.

You got that zxr running right yet goblin?

Goblin
11th November 2006, 07:59
You got that zxr running right yet goblin?
Yes indeed! All sorted and it's all mine.:headbang:

SN4PD
11th November 2006, 08:23
How did this thread end up so full of crap :Offtopic:
(Hmmm, I started it....... maybe thats why :dodge:....:bleh:)

Anyway I'm taking the truck down Thursday night, & staying at Camellia Court Thursday / Friday.

Anyone else doing the same / staying at Camellia Court?

Waylander
11th November 2006, 09:29
Yes...."My bike also has a very small tank and I would like to be able to use the majority of my money on petrol for the track and not getting there and back." The majority of your money will go into the towing vehicle's petrol tank.

I bet you have a lot pf stray cats living at your place and the local kids are afraid to go anywhere near your house.

Goblin
12th November 2006, 11:27
Nah I shot all the stray cats and hung the carcass's on the fence to keep the kids away!

SN4PD
12th November 2006, 14:12
Nah I shot all the stray cats and hung the carcass's on the fence to keep the kids away!

:niceone: :rofl:

emaN
14th November 2006, 09:29
uh,
i'm taking mine down in the van.
allows me to take lights & mirrors off, and take with me tools/jerry can/camera gear/vid camera gear/change clothes/food/drink/brolly babe...

does that mean i'm soft & gay?

:motu: :shake:

Gonna be a wikkid day!!!!!

SN4PD
14th November 2006, 13:22
uh,
i'm taking mine down in the van.
allows me to take lights & mirrors off, and take with me tools/jerry can/camera gear/vid camera gear/change clothes/food/drink/brolly babe...

does that mean i'm soft & gay?

:motu: :shake:

Gonna be a wikkid day!!!!!

Good on ya, BTW can you bring a few spare brolly babes :p

Panther
16th November 2006, 13:22
do i get a brolly boy?

kiwifruit
16th November 2006, 13:23
do i get a brolly boy?

Gareth? :dodge:

Satch
16th November 2006, 14:06
well im not gonna be riding...

Panther
16th November 2006, 14:09
na some hot euro guy in lil shorts...please.

Panther
16th November 2006, 14:10
well im not gonna be riding...

Do you own little shorts?

R6_kid
16th November 2006, 14:45
Do you own little shorts?

no but i've heard he doesnt mind wearing mini skirts.

Gareth? :dodge:

Bro, I aint no-ones bitch.

Satch
16th November 2006, 16:25
and lets not bring up the miniskirts, i know theres evidence out there! :msn-wink:

SN4PD
16th November 2006, 19:40
and lets not bring up the miniskirts, i know theres evidence out there! :msn-wink:

Was this a few years back? Or is there a more recent episode :dodge:

Satch
17th November 2006, 00:38
No its not

Anything to put a smile on a ladies face tho

SN4PD
17th November 2006, 03:02
Anything to put a smile on a ladies face tho

You coming dressed in one of these then :rofl:

Satch
17th November 2006, 08:10
You coming dressed in one of these then :rofl:

OMG i cant believe you actually went and looked that up!!! i shudder to think what other images you stumbled across while looking for men in dresses before finding that one,,,,, i bet you liked them didnt you??

man this thread has gone to the dogs now

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 08:12
only a week to go!
lets hope the weather is really bad so i can see how the conti attacks go in the wet :innocent:

Matt Bleck
17th November 2006, 08:26
only a week to go!
lets hope the weather is really bad so i can see how the conti attacks go in the wet :innocent:

You got conti's now? :mellow:

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 08:32
You got conti's now? :mellow:

i will from monday...... ok? :mellow:

Matt Bleck
17th November 2006, 08:41
i will from monday...... ok? :mellow:

lol, yeah thats fine, can't believe your straying from the power's

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 08:44
yeah, thought id give them a go.....
if they are no good i'll go back to the powers :yes:

SN4PD
17th November 2006, 08:53
only a week to go!

It's not allowed to rain...... I've only got Super Corsas :mellow:

Shaun
17th November 2006, 09:02
lol, yeah thats fine, can't believe your straying from the power's

Michelin really are the best there is out for track days I believe

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 09:11
Michelin really are the best there is out for track days I believe

based purely on this comment i have changed my order to pilot powers.
thanks Shaun

ajturbo
17th November 2006, 09:19
based purely on this comment i have changed my order to pilot powers.
thanks Shaun

so WHEN ya dick off, is it all shaun's fault???

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 09:23
so WHEN ya dick off, is it all shaun's fault???

of course not ya wally :lol:

i do listen to what he has to say tho....

Shaun
17th November 2006, 09:33
Appreciate that mate! I try to offer sensible advice on here

Have you heard about trying the Link from a 636 or a 600 on your 04 ZX10, makes a huge difference to how they behave

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 09:37
Appreciate that mate! I try to offer sensible advice on here

Have you heard about trying the Link from a 636 or a 600 on your 04 ZX10, makes a huge difference to how they behave

no.... please, do tell

EDIT:
like this?
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16897&highlight=05+636+dogbone+%26amp%3B+links

Shaun
17th November 2006, 09:56
Get a link from an 04/5 600 and try.

A much nicer feel, the standard one is way to orientated towards 2 up riding, ie, to hard in the first part of the stroke, causing severe wheel stands at partuall throttle, and low grip when cracking throttle open, remember when they first came out, journalist from all over the world were crashing them flat out.

The difference causes a big difference in ride height though, so you must do a chassis messurement from sub frame to end of swingarm with current one in place, and then fit 600/636 link, and re set ride height back to current setting.

This was the big discovery by Hawk Kawasaki UK 2 years back when they started getting results! Attack Kawasaki USA sell a trick looking link, but it is actually just an exact copy of the above ( Robbers)

It also helps with streight line stabillity

The other big thing for that or any other model ZX10, is to have some stearing head bearing rases? machined up with 1/2 a degree more off set ( ie Eccentric) for stabillity, rather exspensive that one though, probally cheaper and easier to take to Steve Bridge F1 Engineering and have the whole Stearing head raked out. As well as I must add! A dam good set up Ohlin's shock, that has been revalved for the ZX10 to be ridden hard.

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 09:58
thanks Shaun!
you're the man

emaN
17th November 2006, 14:19
...hope the weather is really bad...

NOT EVEN OW!!!!!...:angry:

Panther
17th November 2006, 18:51
hey

we have room if anyone needs a ride from aucks down to taupo

leaving on thursday arvo

sweet

sal

SN4PD
17th November 2006, 18:55
hey

we have room if anyone needs a ride from aucks down to taupo

leaving on thursday arvo

sweet

sal

I'm also caging down (Me & Rayza), either Thursday morning (stop over in the Naki) or Thursday avo. Might see you en route.

saul
17th November 2006, 20:59
only a week to go!

Hey we agreed fine weather:innocent:

R6_kid
18th November 2006, 19:46
my situation isnt looking so good but still hoping to be there.

Im down for the medium group, but not sure how hot i'll be out on the track if i make it as i havent had my bike for four weeks now.

SN4PD
18th November 2006, 22:28
i havent had my bike for four weeks now.

Mind if I ask why? :dodge:

R6_kid
19th November 2006, 18:17
i wore out 2nd gear but slamming it in to gear at high revs, plus my bike is up to 60,000km and was raced before i got it so its had a hard life.

Was originally only supposed to be a week or two in the shop. Unfortunately when it was getting put back together the mechanic noticed he'd not seen a bit that had broken off the gear selector shaft. Honest mistake, but two weeks ex-japan didnt make me happy when it *could have* been noticed when he took it apart and examined it.

All good though, i'll have a fresh gearbox, and some extra power to play with aswell because he's also replaced the warn jets in my carbs so now the mixture wont stuff up at top end and it'll clear up the rough spot i had down low too. I've made plans to make it down though so if i get it back i'll be there for sure!

GIXser
19th November 2006, 19:52
so who else is going down on thursday avo??? anyone wanna catch up for abeer on thursday evening? just pm me

SN4PD
20th November 2006, 01:23
so who else is going down on thursday avo??? anyone wanna catch up for abeer on thursday evening? just pm me

Beer, I'm keen on beer....... jot my cell number down if you want, 027-666-4644.

Meekey_Mouse
23rd November 2006, 15:29
YAY!!! One more sleep till track day :woohoo: The Cookie Monster's headlights are taped and mirrors are off... ready to go! :2thumbsup

Any last minute advice for a newbie? :D

Goblin
23rd November 2006, 15:35

Have FUN!!:yes:

kiwifruit
23rd November 2006, 15:36

Relax ;)

If you wana go for a blat soon i will be heading out to get my eye in

Meekey_Mouse
23rd November 2006, 15:39
Relax ;)

If you wana go for a blat soon i will be heading out to get my eye in
:gob: did your eye fall out? :p

kiwifruit
23rd November 2006, 15:39
:gob: did your eye fall out? :p

Yep, need to sort it b4 the morning!!!!

you wana go 4 a ride then?
meet at bp at 5-15

Meekey_Mouse
23rd November 2006, 15:43
Yep, need to sort it b4 the morning!!!!

you wana go 4 a ride then?
meet at bp at 5-15

Thanks :) would love to but I think it'd be a good idea if I leave my butt off the seat till tomorrow, that way I hopefully won't be too sore after track day :D (most likely just wishfull thinking ^_^)

kiwifruit
23rd November 2006, 15:48
Thanks :) would love to but I think it'd be a good idea if I leave my butt off the seat till tomorrow, that way I hopefully won't be too sore after track day :D (most likely just wishfull thinking ^_^)

ok :cry:

Goblin
23rd November 2006, 15:54
If you leave your butt off the seat while riding it wont get sore....only your legs will feel it for a few days.:yes:

R6_kid
23rd November 2006, 16:07
got my bike back and it feels lots different. Unfortunately gotta spend the next few hundred km's wearing the gearbox in, so wont be trying to set any lap records but i'm sure i'll still get to have a tussle with a few of you in the medium group!

Meekey_Mouse
23rd November 2006, 17:33
got my bike back and it feels lots different. Unfortunately gotta spend the next few hundred km's wearing the gearbox in, so wont be trying to set any lap records but i'm sure i'll still get to have a tussle with a few of you in the medium group!

Good to hear you got your bike back :yes:

SuperDave
23rd November 2006, 17:37
Always full of excuses eh bro? Haha, catch you later.

Meekey_Mouse
24th November 2006, 15:59
Thanks to every one who helped organize and run this track day, it was awsome :D also a big thumbs up to every one who helped me out and gave me advice etc. :niceone: you all helped make it a great first track day for me :)

Jas

Goblin
24th November 2006, 16:01
Good to see all the Kbers at the trackday today.:yes: Was most impressed with Meeky Mouse! That girl is a natural! Could see her grinning from ear to ear and she lost her chicken strips and even scraped her pegs!:gob: Well done Jaz!!!!!:rockon:

Meekey_Mouse
24th November 2006, 17:09
Good to see all the Kbers at the trackday today.:yes: Was most impressed with Meeky Mouse! That girl is a natural! Could see her grinning from ear to ear and she lost her chicken strips and even scraped her pegs!:gob: Well done Jaz!!!!!:rockon:

Hehe thanks :o although I sorta could cheat with the peg scraping as my pegs are so low, still a heck of alot of fun though:love: Couldn't of done it without all the advice and support!

Waylander
25th November 2006, 08:45
So who's got pics?

R6_kid
25th November 2006, 09:10
i've got video.. but need a better computer to load it to so i can edit it.

was an awesome day despite the few niggles i had with my bike. The M1's held up pretty good for the last few sessions, but it sure does go to show how far tyres have come in the last 2 years, and that having good tyres really does make you a more confident and faster rider.

Not going to do a full write up on it, but I will say i had a great time, held up well in the fast group (i thought anyway), that Ross King is a little bit fast though...

Hope those that came to grief mend up quick, and with a bit of luck the monetary damages will be minimal too.

Cheers MotoTT for organising the day, and Waylander, cheers for those knee sliders, would've been getting skin grafts without them!

Waylander
25th November 2006, 09:13
Waylander, cheers for those knee sliders, would've been getting skin grafts without them!
lol better they go to someone who is actually gonna use them man. still have the left one if you decide you want that one aswell.

SuperDave
25th November 2006, 10:29
So who's got pics?

I know I said I was planning on snapping up a few shots but it was so damn dusty I decided against it - also when I'm there to ride I can't really be arsed taking pictures, it's too much effort and rush to get any decent shots especially while you're in full leathers.

Though motoTT's professional photographer was there for the first two session IIRC, so I'm sure those photos will be up for sale soon.

kiwifruit
25th November 2006, 11:33
had a great day
got the learn a few times, thanks Paul
had ago on a few different machines, the best being a gsxr600k1 with ohlins bits - i want one!!
the track was in pretty good nic apart from the dust :gob:
pit lane is a building site and with a six week deadline they are gonna be pushed to complete it!

nice work by: Meekey, we could see your grin as you zipped past :D
Gareth, kinda hit a low point when the bike landed on you eh? still, could only get better from there lol
Gixser / Rusty, fast and smooth, good shit man.
Superdave, getting faster each time, keep it up.
Saul, was cool watching you and Rhys battling it out, he was getting pretty quick eh!
Eman, what an effort pushing that RF all that way when you ran outa gas, couldnt have done that myself....
Waylander, not something we see everyday... a vmax getting a workout around a track. Respect.
Scott, was gutted to see the prillia so banged up, i hope the insurance works out for you ;)
Darrel, great to see you back on 2 wheels and having blast. Good shit man :)
Steve, buy a jappa.
Death, get well soon man.
To everyone else, thanks for coming along, sorry about the dust, at least it didn't rain until quite late :sunny:

Photos should be ready early this evening

GIXser
25th November 2006, 14:37
Great day weather held up well, shame about the construction with the dust etc,, thought the track was a little slippery in places, maybe due to some of the grit on it. but most of that blew away during the day

was great to meet Kicking zebra and kiwifruit and several others,
also good Brett/quasie made an appearance, probably to check out his awesome tent (i want one)
had an exracer give me a few tips, (jay davies -goodall) advice came in handy so cheers bud,
Andy aka (death Inc) pushed hard, nice lines very smooth, (as he is pulling further and further away from me.....:shit: .) something tripped him up, but probably beyond his control, maybe something on the track, i myself saw some bits of rubber etc lying around,
Chris haldane was kind enough to provide me with some dunlops, oh yea have faith, they are the shit""""!!!:yes:
looking forward to the tenth now GSXR's day here we come!!!:Punk:

R6_kid
25th November 2006, 14:42
what happened to SN4PED and JSG? Never saw them at the track.

saul
25th November 2006, 14:57
had a great day
got the learn a few times, thanks Paul
had ago on a few different machines, the best being a gsxr600k1 with ohlins bits - i want one!!
the track was in pretty good nic apart from the dust :gob:
pit lane is a building site and with a six week deadline they are gonna be pushed to complete it!

nice work by: Meekey, we could see your grin as you zipped past :D
Gareth, kinda hit a low point when the bike landed on you eh? still, could only get better from there lol
Gixser / Rusty, fast and smooth, good shit man.
Superdave, getting faster each time, keep it up.
Saul, was cool watching you and Rhys battling it out, he was getting pretty quick eh!
Eman, what an effort pushing that RF all that way when you ran outa gas, couldnt have done that myself....
Waylander, not something we see everyday... a vmax getting a workout around a track. Respect.
Scott, was gutted to see the prillia so banged up, i hope the insurance works out for you ;)
Darrel, great to see you back on 2 wheels and having blast. Good shit man :)
Steve, buy a jappa.
Death, get well soon man.
To everyone else, thanks for coming along, sorry about the dust, at least it didn't rain until quite late :sunny:

Photos should be ready early this evening

Yeh that was fun, I was suprised how fast the little bugger got actually:yes:
I was happy to be hitting consistant lines and working on some thinking type riding.
Very happy with the bike the brakes are fantastic, but I have lots to learn. Having trouble getting my head around the revvvvvvy thing.:gob:
I thought that R4 rode really well and looked very smooth:rockon:
Some good laps by KF as well.
Lots of good people there Steve the guzzi guy, the chap who was riding the black 750 in the morn he was looking good out there too.
Eman as well had that RF humming:yes:

Blah blah blah Great day :sunny:

SuperDave
25th November 2006, 16:23
Was a great day and was awesome to try and keep up with some of the faster guys in the fast group. Looking forward to GSX-R day on the 10 as I'm getting my suspension set up by Shaun tomorrow, it'll be interesting to note the differences.

I convinced my old man to come along on his GS500. He had a blast. :yes:

Bring on them photos, though it looked like the photographer gapped it after two sessions?

kiwifruit
25th November 2006, 17:27
Picture coming, just resizing and watermarking them, 600+

:soon:

SuperDave
25th November 2006, 17:36
Hey, I'll save you the hassle, don't bother watermarking mine :msn-wink:

saul
25th November 2006, 18:19
Hey, I'll save you the hassle, don't bother watermarking mine :msn-wink:

lol nice:yes: Here r some of mine without the dreaded watermark. Thanks to Blackbird 2

Roto boys (hope you don't mind):done:

Some of you 2 W

saul
25th November 2006, 18:25
Back on the road again:yes: :rockon: :sunny:

You can see why he is wearing out his boot lol :-)

Kyle
25th November 2006, 19:34
HA! bloody excellent Saul ..that last pic is me, number 211. Must have been the first session because i changed to tinted visor after that. Was expecting rain and got sun burnt instead, or dust burned maybe, but what a day.

Having not riden my cbr for two months, since i sprained my ankle (highside while racing), i was abit apprehensive about going out, but it didnt take long to get into the groove. I seem to have the smooth-factor hammered into my thick skull now. Every corner i was thinking 'gentle gentle, must roll the power on, not snap it on'

My bike went well and i managed to use a full tank of gas, right down to running on two cylinders coming into the pits, good value for money these track days. Looking forward to the next one. Above all it was great warm up practice for the racing on sunday 26th. P.M.C.C round two 'new half'

Big thanks to all the motott people for another well organized trackday.

saul
25th November 2006, 20:05
HA! bloody excellent Saul ..that last pic is me, number 211. Must have been the first session because i changed to tinted visor after that. Was expecting rain and got sun burnt instead, or dust burned maybe, but what a day.

Having not riden my cbr for two months, since i sprained my ankle (highside while racing), i was abit apprehensive about going out, but it didnt take long to get into the groove. I seem to have the smooth-factor hammered into my thick skull now. Every corner i was thinking 'gentle gentle, must roll the power on, not snap it on'

My bike went well and i managed to use a full tank of gas, right down to running on two cylinders coming into the pits, good value for money these track days. Looking forward to the next one. Above all it was great warm up practice for the racing on sunday 26th. P.M.C.C round two 'new half'

Hey good one mate:yes:

You look pretty focused there:sick: :Punk: :rockon:

kiwifruit
25th November 2006, 20:17

cheers mate :)

sample pictures available for download here:
http://dl4.ohshare.com/v/3355427/24.11.06_sample_800x600.zip.html
800x600 in size, 45mb in total

or here:
http://dl4.ohshare.com/v/1397072/24.11.06_sample_320x240.zip.html
320x240 in size, 13mb in total

R6_kid
25th November 2006, 22:38
gee, cheers kiwifruit! Always puts the best pics up for everyone to see! ::whocares: :shutup:

Meekey_Mouse
25th November 2006, 22:40
Hey R6_kid... aren't trackdays there so you can be ON the track? :dodge: hehe

Kornholio
25th November 2006, 23:52
gee, cheers kiwifruit! Always puts the best pics up for everyone to see! ::whocares: :shutup:

Lol Bummer G, at least you werent tumbling through the gravel :D

Waylander
26th November 2006, 23:21
lol he could have used one of these aye... lol.

(some 600+ shots and only four are of me....)

emaN
27th November 2006, 10:16
blame it on the new 'box, _kid!...:whistle:

What a wikkid day! 3rd time on the track and lovin' it more & more!
(altho' i'd love to try the "A1 GP" layout!!!)

Took the 1st session real easy, still scrubbing in new Michelins, and started feeling 'in the zone' only after the 2nd session was over with.
Tyres were great all day; no let-go's or slides...did get one drift over "humpy" (ie, Turn 4) but nothing to write home about.

Main aim for the day was to improve on my 2'o4" and get below the 2min mark; my best lap was a 1'57".88 so i was BUZZIN when i found that out!!!!

Can't brake any harder as I'm regularly bottoming out and have the front 'chattering' along, and the spindly forks protest at having to turn in 270kg of bike and rider :Punk: Scraping pegs tell me i need to hang off more to keep her more upright and carry more corner speed...

There's a couple places Tboy reckons i can make up time; and I know of a few more where i just need to "man up" and twist that throttle a bit more...

Oh, the other highlight was winning the lunchtime prize draw!!!! I won the trackday!!..:Punk: Never won anything cool like 'dat before,so I'm stoked!
(sold my U2 ticket to do this motoTT day, and wasn't gonna do another, so yeh, it's awesome!)
And i've put a motoTT sticker on the van to thank them,in some little way.

Definite low was pushing that stinking heavy bike all the way back from the chicane....arse! Worse was to come tho', when the lads poured it on when i got back!

Great seeing D back on the R1 and that 636 doing it's thang too!

Cheers motoTT for providing a whole lot of 'bang for my bucks'

kiwifruit
27th November 2006, 10:23
(some 600+ shots and only four are of me....)

are you complaining? :spanking:

The_Dover
27th November 2006, 10:25
i heard he was going so slowly that he only passed the photographer once in each session!!!

Morepower
27th November 2006, 11:25
It was a great day , didnt know all you KBers were there , I should be more sociable.

Anyway this is the old buss going quite well , I will be at the GXR day too :yes:

Dave

kiwifruit
27th November 2006, 11:32
Major angle there sir!

HDTboy
27th November 2006, 13:21
Lots of good people there Steve the guzzi guy, the chap who was riding the black 750 in the morn he was looking good out there too.
Thanks Glen, I enjoyed my half day on the track. KF, could you please thank your mum for me?

kiwifruit
27th November 2006, 13:23
KF, could you please thank your mum for me?

for sure,
cheers mate :)

SPman
27th November 2006, 15:46
Scott, was gutted to see the prillia so banged up, i hope the insurance works out for you

Did Sensei bin it? :gob:

kiwifruit
27th November 2006, 15:52
Did Sensei bin it? :gob:

nope

another Scott :)

Idrumm
27th November 2006, 16:59
Well what a great day, Moto TT did themselfs proud, E/man, I would have traded those those tickets too, good to see the Rotorua crew again & KF the Taupo connection.

Cheers D

saul
27th November 2006, 18:27
Thanks Glen, I enjoyed my half day on the track. KF, could you please thank your mum for me?

Yeh sorry Gav :-) I know we have meet a few times, I have got it now:innocent: :rockon: :yes:

saul
27th November 2006, 18:34

Oh, the other highlight was winning the lunchtime prize draw!!!! I won the trackday!!..:Punk: !

Great seeing D back on the R1 and that 636 doing it's thang too!

Cheers motoTT for providing a whole lot of 'bang for my bucks'

You were doing great mate:rockon: but on a more serious note.

Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me: Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me Give the track day to me :

emaN
28th November 2006, 09:29
...on a more serious note.
Give the track day to me :yes: Give the track day to me :yes: ...
:bleh: :motu: :blip: :moon: :spudwave:
10chrs

R6_kid
28th November 2006, 10:30
blame it on the new 'box, R6_kid!...:whistle:

was the brakes, the bleed nipple managed to come loose so when i went to brake for the hairpin all the brake fluid shot out on to my fairings and left me with no front brakes... that gravel does slow you down quick though!

emaN
28th November 2006, 11:58
... that gravel does slow you down quick though!
yeh, a certain Guzzi plowman knows all about that bend...dat's why we call that one "plowmans"...:blip:

at least it happened there and not at the end of the straight!!!:shit:

Waylander
28th November 2006, 21:04
are you complaining? :spanking:
Only a little. Was hoping for one from the other side ut that's just an excuse to do another one sometime.:yes: