PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wellington Rides

wkid_one
10th May 2003, 16:03
Hello out there....can all those who are keen to go for a ride in Wellington reply to this post.....want to start a regular ride thing, but need to know who is interested.

750Y
12th May 2003, 09:16
will there be a compulsory triple return circuit of the rimutakas just to warm the tyres up?:D

wkid_one
12th May 2003, 13:41
NO - I've already done that 3 times this week and am now sick to bloody death of it (and the trucks that take corners on the wrong side of the road!)......scared the shit out of one car driver tho, fully cranked over, knee down round the outside of him - nice!

Stormer
14th May 2003, 20:12
Yeah, I`m keen, work and family permitting! 

wkid_one
14th May 2003, 20:50
Yay for VTR's......two together in perfect 'illegal exhaust' harmony....

My details:

Dan, ph 021 411814, email wkid_one@paradise.net.nz

I'll ride ANY and EVERY weekend.....keen to explore the Wairarapa further.  I am used to 400km plus rides in the weekend - the twistier the better.......

Let's go....

D

Stormer
14th May 2003, 21:42
Yeah, should sound magic. 2Bro`s(?) and Yoshi RS-3`s. Sweeeet.

This weekends out, I`m on bloody call (every 3rd week). The other weekends should be a goer, if I can escape.

You`ll probably have to slow up  a bit for me though, at least around the tight as twisties. I carn`t seem to get the (standard) shock settings right. Can still get a bit hairy around some corners!

So, any other lower North Island riders in?????????

bungbung
25th June 2003, 15:13
How about 3 VTR's?

Hi all - This is my first post

I'm Ola from Wellington 021 668 322

I have just bought a lovely yellow '97 VTR and would like to ride in triplicate.

My previous bike was a ZXR250. It was limiting my max ride length due to my height 6'4'' and the target audience size of the bike being 5'4''. Riding north from welli to palmerston vegas required a couple of stops to stretch.

The VTR is mucho comfortable.

and the noise? its fantastic (carbon arrow muffles)