PDA

View Full Version : We are all screwed

Mrs Busa Pete
3rd October 2006, 13:03
after spending the day in north shore district court i have come to the conclusion that becouse traffic casses don,t qualafy for legal aid unless you have several thousand dollers to throw away on a layer that you can,t get back they can drive allong stop beside you and do you for what ever they won,t to after all you don,t have a leg to stand on becouse they can make up what ever tale they won,t its your word against theres . Its time they should have video operating in the cars so there is hard core evedence not two cops making it up later allso gps readouts on the black box with audio just Its a sad day when rapest and murders can get asistance but joe public can,t IT COMES AS NO SERPRIZE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE SYSTEM OR THE COPS .I USE TO BUT NOW ITS NO PLATE /NO STOPING AND FUCKEM ALL .i know some officers personaly they arn,t like that but some officers tarnish the lot with a bitter stench of coruption

The_Dover
3rd October 2006, 13:05
Welcome to Club Dover.

Your membership card is in the post.

McJim
3rd October 2006, 13:06
Always carry a voice recorder - always ask them to clearly and concisely tell you what traffic infringment you have commited and why - then you'll have a record for court for later.

Many mobile phones on the market already have this facility.

crashe
3rd October 2006, 13:06
So I take it you lost your case...... Buggar.

So you got a $130 court fine on top of it all as well... damn.....

Mrs Busa Pete
3rd October 2006, 13:12
So I take it you lost your case...... Buggar.

So you got a $130 court fine on top of it all as well... damn.....

NO $30 COSTS FOR SOME CAGE DRIVING PRICKS FINE

dawnrazor
3rd October 2006, 16:04
Always carry a voice recorder - always ask them to clearly and concisely tell you what traffic infringment you have commited and why - then you'll have a record for court for later.

If you do this, be very clear that you aren't doing it covertly - thats entrapment apperently..ahem....cough......

gamgee
3rd October 2006, 16:21
If you do this, be very clear that you aren't doing it covertly - thats entrapment apperently..ahem....cough......

what, no it's not, entrapment is when you coerce someone into commiting a crime, like for example if a cop knew someone was a drug user and the cop asked them if they'd like to share a ciggaweed, the guy initially says no, the cop asks again and he says yes, it's basically them being put in extraordinary circumstances which increased the likelihood of the crime being commited or coerced into commiting crime

Zed
3rd October 2006, 16:22
after spending the day in north shore district court i have come to the conclusion that becouse traffic casses don,t qualafy for legal aid unless you have several thousand dollers to throw away on a layer that you can,t get back they can drive allong stop beside you and do you for what ever they won,t to after all you don,t have a leg to stand on becouse they can make up what ever tale they won,t its your word against theres . Its time they should have video operating in the cars so there is hard core evedence not two cops making it up later allso gps readouts on the black box with audio just Its a sad day when rapest and murders can get asistance but joe public can,t IT COMES AS NO SERPRIZE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE SYSTEM OR THE COPS .I USE TO BUT NOW ITS NO PLATE /NO STOPING AND FUCKEM ALL .i know some officers personaly they arn,t like that but some officers tarnish the lot with a bitter stench of coruptionI feel your rage Pete, sory it wasn't a favourable outcome for you.

I'd say a few few of us :o have been to court for a driving/riding offense and witnessed the corruption of the justice system, I don't have any hope that we'll see a change for the better in NZ unfortunately, the best advise around is "if you're not breaking the law you've got nothing to fear", but that's easier said than done with bikes, especially when there are so many liars in positions of authority, I've seen it over and over again in this life! :brick:

The_Dover
3rd October 2006, 16:24
especially when there are so many liars in positions of authority, I've seen it over and over again in this life! :brick:

those pesky priests.............

Maha
3rd October 2006, 16:28

Pete does carry one of those voice recorder things, i have seen it, its the size of an Otara briefcase and can pick up SKY 1 and the racing channel..:lol:

Grahameeboy
3rd October 2006, 16:36
those pesky priests.............

I think you have missed your true calling Ben

Zed
3rd October 2006, 16:41
those pesky priests.............A fitting description yes. I hope that knowledge didn't come through your succumbing to peskyomony as a youth?? You've had a hard life havn't ya mate!

Lou Girardin
3rd October 2006, 17:27
What?
Cops lie?
I'm shattered. All my faith in them has gone.

sAsLEX
3rd October 2006, 18:22
What happened in your case?

Bet you a $1 that the story told by the cops was not representative of what happened!

skidz
4th October 2006, 11:44
They're just a big gang of bullshit bullies! One law for them and another for everyone else.

Indoo
4th October 2006, 12:53
I wish you would remind traffic cops, arseholes must have missed that memo cos I still get tickets.

The_Dover
4th October 2006, 13:12
you must be a real arsehole indoo if even your cop mates hate you

sAsLEX
4th October 2006, 13:21
Bet you a $1 that the story told by the cops was not representative of what happened!

I got a $1
I got a $1
I got a $1 hey hey hey hey

Toast
4th October 2006, 13:27
Know exactly how ya feel Pete.

I totally agree that there should be video and audio in the cars, and real time GPS tracking. That shit ain’t that expensive, and the cops in general need to be accountable for their actions, so that the shitty ones can’t tarnish the rep of the good ones.

Brian d marge
4th October 2006, 14:12
The taxis here in Japan have a camera inside the rear view mirror , giving a drivers view of what happens in front ,,,very cheap to fit and wrks VERY well

you could see VERY clearly who was at fault ....

STephen

Deano
4th October 2006, 14:22

Wicked cool - my phone has a recorder on it and I didn't even know.

It's only entrapment if you coerce them into doing something they wouldn't normally do. Taping what is said would be fine IMO.

sAsLEX
4th October 2006, 15:43
Wicked cool - my phone has a recorder on it and I didn't even know.

It's only entrapment if you coerce them into doing something they wouldn't normally do. Taping what is said would be fine IMO.

I think you have to inform and get consent of the other party, well at least inform them , that you are recording for it to be used as evidence, notice how all the stores have signs saying you are being recorded

Swoop
4th October 2006, 15:54
I totally agree that there should be video and audio in the cars, and real time GPS tracking.

They tried that *aparently*, but too many signals came back fron the local Dunkin' Donuts so it was called off...:whistle:

Lou Girardin
4th October 2006, 17:59
I wish you would remind traffic cops, arseholes must have missed that memo cos I still get tickets.

Standards have fallen. Haven't they?

Skyryder
4th October 2006, 18:27

And let the officer know that he is being recorded. Otherwise the Judge will not allow it as evidence. Done it my self on the odd occasion. RECORD THE DATE TIME AND ASK FOR THE OFFICERS ID NUMBER. IF HE REFUSES GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND RECORD HIS REGO. AND STATE THAT THE OFFICER REFUSED TO ID HIMSELF. Takes the wind out of there sails and puts you in control.

The do not like it Mr Mainwaring. They do not like it up 'em.

Skyryder

The Pastor
4th October 2006, 18:39
I find in my experiance judges dislike the police, any chance you get to PROVE there dickheads do it and the judge will be on your side. I find if you apoligise for not knowing the legal system the judge will like you better when you don't say the right thing in the same time, and also if your pleading not guiltiy you have to wait months from your first hearing to get a defended hearing - the first one is just to get rid of people who plead guilty.

mynameis
4th October 2006, 23:04
after spending the day in north shore district court i have come to the conclusion that becouse traffic casses don,t qualafy for legal aid unless you have several thousand dollers to throw away on a layer that you can,t get back they can drive allong stop beside you and do you for what ever they won,t to after all you don,t have a leg to stand on becouse they can make up what ever tale they won,t its your word against theres . Its time they should have video operating in the cars so there is hard core evedence not two cops making it up later allso gps readouts on the black box with audio just Its a sad day when rapest and murders can get asistance but joe public can,t IT COMES AS NO SERPRIZE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE SYSTEM OR THE COPS .I USE TO BUT NOW ITS NO PLATE /NO STOPING AND FUCKEM ALL .i know some officers personaly they arn,t like that but some officers tarnish the lot with a bitter stench of coruption

So what did actually happen here Pete? You got done for speed that you didn't do?

Yes at the end of the day it's always the cops word over yours in most cases as the current Land Transport Act of 1998 clearly states that an officer isn't required to show you the clocked speed.

mynameis

Wenier
4th October 2006, 23:23
Man i no what its like, im waiting to hear back for the hearing date for me since i pleaded not guilty. Wrote a big long letter explaining the whole thing hoping the judge will throw it out straight away still haven't heard back thou.

Mine was in the car doing 112km/h but my speedo said 104km/h. So of course im like what, cop gave me a ticket said do speedo check and proof from that, went had speedo check (couldnt have it done).

Long story short, the rear diff in my 4wd was the incorrect one so the rear wheels were pushing faster than rest of car, speedo reads from g/box that thinks its doing 104 so theres where it goes wrong. Spend 2+k gettin it all fixed and got letter from mechanic sent it to cops and the cop says that the mechanic dont no what he talking bout. Im like what!

So yea court time see what the judge thinks.

Deano
5th October 2006, 07:38
I think you have to inform and get consent of the other party, well at least inform them , that you are recording for it to be used as evidence, notice how all the stores have signs saying you are being recorded

And let the officer know that he is being recorded. Otherwise the Judge will not allow it as evidence. Done it my self on the odd occasion. RECORD THE DATE TIME AND ASK FOR THE OFFICERS ID NUMBER. IF HE REFUSES GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND RECORD HIS REGO. AND STATE THAT THE OFFICER REFUSED TO ID HIMSELF. Takes the wind out of there sails and puts you in control.

The do not like it Mr Mainwaring. They do not like it up 'em.

Skyryder

That totally sux - of course they aren't going to act 'naturally' knowing they are being recorded. I thought only one of the parties needed to know it was being recorded.

What about a member of the public catching something on video and using that as evidence ? Doesn't seem to be consistent.

The_Dover
5th October 2006, 07:52
So you're telling me that I should have let all those chicks know I was filming?

R6_kid
5th October 2006, 07:53
thats utter bullshit if you have to tell them. If you recorded it thru your jacket pocket, and got him to quot officer ID etc, got the whole thing on tape and then play it back in court if they bullshit then it proves undoubtably that he is lying... there goes his credibility - his fault not yours.

They are supposed to be people of respect PROTECTING US, not screwing us offer for petty offences that could only have harmed yourself.

If they dont want us doing wheelies and stoppies then it should say so in the road code, anyway, if you are doing them away from other traffic, in a relatively controlled manner then is it still 'dangerous driving' or 'dangerous use of a motorvehicle' and its certainly not 'careless' if you went out of your way to protect other people... looking forward to getttig a call from the guy that pulled me and my mates up on the weekend, but next time im keeping my mouth shut.

NZIrish
5th October 2006, 12:05
Cellphone voice recorder; personally I would have it in 'ready mode' in a top pocket while riding if poss. As soon as you are stopped, activate it and do an intro stating time date where you are and the fact you have been stopped by Police and why, 'before the cop approaches'. I would'nt advise the cop I was recording the conversation because (a). I dont want to be done for obstruction aswell as speeding or whatever and (b). the only reason I would record is to ensure fair play by the Police. In the event it's a court matter and the Police member decides to lie in court, I would wait till the hearing was over, then present the recording to the Court on appeal. In addition I would have ESR handle the phone recording for integrity of this evidence and lodge a complaint with the Police complaints authority to boot.

The_Dover
5th October 2006, 12:57
As soon as you are stopped

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swoop
5th October 2006, 13:56
... I would wait till the hearing was over, then present the recording to the Court on appeal.
So you would have the extra expense of the trial, and also the appeal system.
Glad you get paid well to afford the lawyers...

spudchucka
5th October 2006, 16:30
Or even better...just read it off his shoulders :Pokey:

I normally just remind them that it is written on the ticket, either that or just give them a business card. They usually do the Chris Rock then and just "Shut the Fuck up"!