PDA

View Full Version : Skirts

DougB
3rd October 2006, 19:00
http://www.scooterskirts.com/index.html

??????????????????

Pogo2
3rd October 2006, 19:17
What a shocker, despite most likely working quite well!

andrea
3rd October 2006, 21:40
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: OH MAN THAT FARKEN OUT OF IT PFFFFT PFFFFTTT MWAHAHAHAHAHAHALOL

Ixion
3rd October 2006, 21:45
An excellent idea, though unfortunately the design will not work with a conventional motorcycle. Years ago it used to be possible to get a "divided" type, (in the materials of the day) that worked with a motorcycle tank layout - it divided each side of the tank. I have not seen them for many years, alas.

bert_is_evil
4th October 2006, 07:37
In south east asia they wear huge plastic poncho style raincoats with splits up the side that cover virtually the whole scooter (just wheels poking out each end). Look like giant versions of the toilet roll cover doll of the 80's (c'mon, everyone's mum had one of those)

McJim
4th October 2006, 07:47
Sooooo.....what was the problem with a pair of waterproof overtrousers?

bert_is_evil
4th October 2006, 08:24
I guess they don't fit over a faux fur skirt and would ruin the look of a nice pair of open toe strappy safety sandles

andrea
4th October 2006, 13:46
you guys have got to be farken me right, thats the most stupidest thing ive seen

Str8 Jacket
4th October 2006, 14:02
Oh, I wonder if they'd work on a Street Magic?... Looks like an awesome Xmas pressie for MrMelon. I'd get one in pink for him so that he can be easily seen on the roads. Gee how thoughtful am I?!

XP@
4th October 2006, 14:20
Great, you could get some of these to go with it...

Str8 Jacket
4th October 2006, 14:22

Do they come in pink?

sAsLEX
4th October 2006, 14:23
An excellent idea, though unfortunately the design will not work with a conventional motorcycle. Years ago it used to be possible to get a "divided" type, (in the materials of the day) that worked with a motorcycle tank layout - it divided each side of the tank. I have not seen them for many years, alas.

Was this not talked about a few days ago, with someone see somthhing similar in a Hamilton horsey place!??!

Yes alex a well spotted repost
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=33413&highlight=scooter+coats

gosh two even
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31864&highlight=scooter+coats

Was riding around today in my jeans, real smart in this weather I know, and after riding for a hour in rather heavy rain it was interesting/annoying to see the back of the bike was perfectly dry!

XP@
5th October 2006, 08:33
Do they come in pink?

I don't think so, but anything is possible!

(I am quite handy with a can of spray paint ;-)

Motu
5th October 2006, 09:32
The old guys who rode in the '50's and '60's everyday because the bike was their primary transport used to have a blanket across their knees.My next door neighbours Bantam had the paint worn off the tank from the blanket.

Finn
5th October 2006, 11:36

Those are actually really good for riders who mount and dismount a lot and need the use of their hands. Like farmers and couriers etc. I've ridden a farm bike with them and they are excellent. Thinking of getting a pair for the MV.