PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 208rr

Quasievil
4th October 2006, 16:40
Any one used them??/ whats your thoughts on them

Im tossing up between the Diablo Corsa, Powers, M3 and the Dunlop, cant make up my mind

cheers

James Deuce
4th October 2006, 17:03
Qualifiers? 208rr's are OK, but they don't tend to telegraph when they're going to let go. Qualifiers are apparently a different story to the previous generation 208rrs.

One hoofing great brown trouser moment on the R6 had me out of the seat.

sAsLEX
4th October 2006, 17:15
POwers are the most popular round these parts aint they?!

boomer
4th October 2006, 18:57
i've just gone through a set of 208rr's Quasi, i loved 'em!!!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup Fast to drop in, no effort to pick up ( you notice big time on the flip flops, i.e coro )

Not so hot on mileage though, i think i got just over 3 k on teh set; saying that the bikes avergaing 3k per set upto now ( 18,000 and i'm on ma 5th set )

Compared to teh Pilot powers, i'd swap today for the RR's... no worries.

I was told that the RR"s are equivelant to the super corsa's ( more of a track based tyre) where as the pilot powers and the qualifiers are on par with each other.. More sporty road stuff.

cant compare to the M3's or the corsa's but i would recommend the rr's; using the pp's now and i hate 'em ( cos im use to the rr's)

There ya go.. ! my 2c

ps; i got plenty of notice, front and back, on teh rr's when they we're slippin andi gave 'em shit on teh track and they looked after me, quick to warm up and good feedback.

This from a noob :cool:

James Deuce
4th October 2006, 19:47
This from a noob :cool:

Yeah well I'm old.

mjvduc
5th October 2006, 07:39
Any one used them??/ whats your thoughts on them

Im tossing up between the Diablo Corsa, Powers, M3 and the Dunlop, cant make up my mind

cheers

if you're looking for something sticky try a set of conti's, they suite perfect your tripple 9

mate of mine won the "1000km hockenheim" (race in germany) with conti pneus (race attack) and was more than happy as you can immaging.
btw the bike was a standard 999s:banana:

if you wanna get more miles per dollar try the M3's and they are most likely easier to handle for "normalos".

mjvduc

Big Dave
5th October 2006, 08:16
Not tried those ones, but generally I haven't had a Dunlop I liked much yet.
The 616 on the Buell is the worst tyre I've ever used - by some margin. Entirely responsible for that front end issue you noted.

The corsas were the nicest "feeling" rubber on the road (that I have tried - of the ones you mention) - but were VERY prone to punctures - 6 in 2 weekends before I said fuck that too.

blueblade
6th October 2006, 16:01
My Tuono came standard with 208rr's and I loved them. Great in the wet and dry. Excellent feel and feedback. Had a few slides on the track but always very predictable. When I wore out the rear after about 4000kms I tried a Qualifier. Fine on the road but didnt trust it as much as the 208 on the track. Have now gone back to 208 and am happy again. Have had pilot powers on previous bikes but I would rate the 208 ahead of them mainly for the feel/feedback.
My mate tried the m3's on his Fireblade and hated them, he now swears by the 208's. We've both used the Corsas. Dont seem to wear too well and I dont think they are as good in the wet as the 208's (although that might just be my imagination).

boomer
6th October 2006, 16:14
there ya go Zed, i'm not the only nob jockey to think so.

James Deuce
6th October 2006, 16:37
208rr s are awesome on the track, but they take ages to warm up in the cold and wet and they do not like changing surfaces. That's my experience. But then I'm pretty sure I'm not a nob jockey.

Zed
6th October 2006, 16:54
there ya go Zed, i'm not the only nob jockey to think so.Dear beloved Boomer, for the record last nite I did not call you a "nob" or any such name, I merely pointed out that if you ran higher pressures (instead of 32/30 or whatever it was) on the road the Powers would perform better. But that aside, I do agree that Powers are not the be all and end all of good rubber! :cool:

I might try some of these Dunlops next time around.

boomer
6th October 2006, 16:58
Dear beloved Boomer, for the record last nite I did not call you a "nob" or any such name, I merely pointed out that if you ran higher pressures (instead of 32/30 or whatever it was) on the road the Powers would perform better. But that aside, I do agree that Powers are not the be all and end all of good rubber! :cool:

I might try some of these Dunlops next time around.

Zed, i was jesting me old mucker. i'm of the understanding that lower pressure on the road means quicker warm up and better grip all round but at the cost of shorter longivity.

but to cut to the chase, everyone has there opinions based on what they think, know, think they know, so one mans donkey is anothers thoroughbred:cool:

opinions are like gixxers.. EVERY ONES got one

Zed
6th October 2006, 17:01
Zed, i was jesting me old mucker. i'm of the understanding that lower pressure on the road means quicker warm up and better grip all round but at the cost of shorter longivity.

but to cut to the chase, everyone has there opinions based on what they think, know, think they know, so one mans donkey is anothers thoroughbred:cool: Well i'm sure glad we cleared that up me old shiner cos i just looked up the term "nob jockey" and nearly dropped me coffee!!! :sick:

boomer
6th October 2006, 17:04
Well i'm sure glad we cleared that up me old shiner cos i just looked up the term "nob jockey" and nearly dropped me coffee!!! :sick:

i work on the premise that if i get in there quick no other fucker can abuse me; however this doesn't always work ( see golf thread, as you so generously reminded me ) ....

ps.. im no fukin Batty boy ( thats Graemeboys department ) :lol: