PDA

View Full Version : GSXR600 Instrument Cluster

SuperDave
4th October 2006, 18:36
My instrument cluster on my bike has a little problem - Tacho needle, speedo readout and all lights work fine but I cannot change between my digital odometer, my two trip meters and my clock. In short the two buttons on the left 'Adj' and 'Set' don't seem to be working as usual.

I have taken the unit off and dried out the tiny amount of water I found inside it, but there wasn't much at all.

The two buttons push in and pop back as usual.

I read within my Haynes Manual that there's a procedure using the 'Adj' button to reset the tacho needle. I tried this out and the tacho reset itself as described within the manual. So I assume that 'Adj' button is functioning and not stuck.

Background

On my way back from Hamilton on Sunday I spent a couple of hours riding in some heavy showers. I don't have a screen on my bike at current so the instrument cluster got quite wet.

Whilst riding I noticed only one probelm - Three of the Four LED indicator lights on the left of the unit occasionally lit up all simultaneously. So the high beam indicator, neutral light and turning signal light all went on and stayed on for a few minutes. Then all went back to normal. This repeated a few times on the way back.

Despite this everything else worked fine, indicators and high beam worked fine. So too did the tacho needle and the speedo indcator and temp guage etc.

Advice please? Thanks

SuperDave
4th October 2006, 19:46
Don't think this thread is gonna get all too many views in this category...

Maybe I'll just have to get a new instrument cluster.