PDA

View Full Version : Raising my rear end (ZX7R)

-df-
5th October 2006, 17:28
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can tell me, or point me in the right direction of how to raise the rear of my ZX7R. The guy I purchased it off lowered it for better handling...yeah I know.

I can see 2 things that can be turned on a thread (over the rear shock), but don't really want to play around with it incase I stuff it up. Any help would be great.

WINJA
5th October 2006, 18:29
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can tell me, or point me in the right direction of how to raise the rear of my ZX7R. The guy I purchased it off lowered it for better handling...yeah I know.

I can see 2 things that can be turned on a thread (over the rear shock), but don't really want to play around with it incase I stuff it up. Any help would be great.

IT MAY HAVE A BUSHED TOP MOUNT OR ADJUSTING NUTS BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST LOWER THE PRELOAD WHICH IS THE SPRING TENSION WHICH LOWERS IT RIDE HEIGHT , THE BEST WAY IS TO SET UP THE STATIC SAG ON THE BIKE FRONT AND BACK TO GET IT RIGHT FOR YOU.

BTW I MADE SHORTER DOG BONES TO RAISE THE REAR ON MY ZX9 SO THAT THE SAG WAS STILL RIGHT , 5 MM SHORTER LINKS ARE ABOUT 20MM AT THE AXLE

sugilite
5th October 2006, 20:14
My 89 ZXR750 has a eccentric ride height adjuster in the bottom link, not sure bout your model?

Nonbeliever
6th October 2006, 16:04
The 7r has independant ride height adjustment.

Threaded type adjustment on top of the shock.

Rip into it ,it's pretty straight forward.

Simmmo
18th October 2006, 21:24
Take it into CycleTreads and get buggy to sort out the suspension for you. If you dont know what you are doing - it will get messy very quickly.