PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Gs12100ss (gsxr1100)

craigs288
6th October 2006, 09:36
Considering it has the same engine as the last of the oil cooled GSXR1100's I'm hoping someone has pulled one of these apart, or at least had the head off and played with the cams. Engine type V719.
Without pulling mine open I want to know how many teeth on the crankshaft and camshaft sprockets. Obviously half as many on the cams' as the crank.
Because I have a small turbo and intercooler, and I can make (or convince my boss to make) an exhaust manifold and dump pipe, the idea of a simple blow through system keeps popping into my head.
The camshaft question is because if there is 12 teeth on the exhaust cam sprocket, I could move it back one tooth and open the exhaust 30 degrees earlier, which also means 30 degrees less overlap. Less than 12 teeth and it one tooth would be too much of a change. More than 12 teeth would nice.
The easy option would probably be leave the engine alone and just blow through whats there.

MSTRS
6th October 2006, 09:50
I'm looking at my Haynes manual and both sprockets have like 25 teeth

craigs288
9th October 2006, 12:43
thats the kind of thing I want to hear.
Some guy has PM'd me and will hopefully send me an electronic copy of the GSF1200 manual. Hopefully I find it in there somewhere.

Dai
9th October 2006, 13:18
I was trhe person that offered the PDF of the workshop manual.

Only one I have so pm me an e-mail address I can send it to.

It is a large file so if you like I can put it on a CD and post it.

craigs288
10th October 2006, 08:56
Large file is all good.
You can email it to one or all of the following email addresses.

CraigS@adhb.govt.nz
CraigStewart72@hotmail.com
CraigStewart288@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

marty
10th October 2006, 09:00
i wouldn't have thought there'd be room for the valves to change their timing - surely they would strike the top of the piston

MSTRS
10th October 2006, 09:08
Good info here... http://www.gsxr.tk/

Dai
10th October 2006, 09:09
Large file is all good.
You can email it to one or all of the following email addresses.

CraigS@adhb.govt.nz
CraigStewart72@hotmail.com
CraigStewart288@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Craigs288 I'll post the file off to you tonight when I get home.
Full workshop manual for the 1200 Bandit.

My last employers very kindly :lol: printed the whole thing off for me onto hard copy. 400+ pages.