PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Bearing Clearance

cruxis
7th October 2006, 11:46
My 92 GSXR 400 failed WOF on Rear Wheel Bearing Clearance.(Theres Spose to be none) Proberly explains why its been wobbling in corners at low speed of late :lol:

Anyways what is this exactly, Is it hard to fix, How much it gonna cost. Is it a roll up while you wait job? I was thinking of taking it down to cycletreads (CHCH) where I buy my tyres and get it done. If they do that sorta thing.

paturoa
7th October 2006, 11:56
Search the manuals sticky thread and you will lilkely find a manual If not for your exact bike then pick a simplar one. Depending on the layout there will be at least 2 bearings. They are quite easy to get replacements for and do the job yourself. (assuming the axle bolt was tight, most likely the bearings will be shot)

Kickaha
7th October 2006, 15:39
It's probably no more than a 30 minute job if you have the bearings, but unless someone has the bearing numbers you'd need to take the rear wheel out to get the numbers off them

Do you have a rear stand?

Vagabond
7th October 2006, 20:16
You obviously don't have much mechanical experience, so take it in, Cycle treads should be able to do it!

FROSTY
8th October 2006, 07:35
I agree with Vagabond --im all for home maintainence but I'd just take it to treads ad then --ASK IF YOU CAN WATCH.:2thumbsup
The job is pretty simple in theory (new bike new bearings etc) but can get a tadd difficult if things have welded themselves into place

R1madness
21st October 2006, 12:01
Bring it in to me next week and i will do it for ya. max 1hr labour + the bearings.