PDA

View Full Version : Plasma cutter in Kapiti ?

sedge
9th October 2006, 19:49
H'lo,

Anyone in Kapiti got a plasma cutter (or gas axe I guess) and could do a couple of small circle cuts for me ? I'll pay cash or beer ;) They don't need to be pretty as they will be hidden by the end cap.

I'm opening up my spare TLS exhausts and have drilled holes all around the innner pipe (under the end cap)

Sadly my jigsaw fell to bits trying to cut between the holes on the stainless end plate.

So rather than arsing around and ruining another tool (drilling the holes was bad enough) I think a nice clean plasma cut would be the go.

If not, that's cool, I'll try and ring around spaniel beaters in the weekend.

Cheers,

Sedge.

MattRSK
9th October 2006, 19:52
Ask RG100!!, he might be able to sort you out. It will be a fucken rough job though. :p

Otherwise bring it up here and I will sort you out.

sels1
9th October 2006, 20:00
I know where I can get my hands on a gas torch - but I havnt used one for so long the results might not be very pretty

degrom
10th October 2006, 07:40
I can help you with the gas torch to,but it's up to you... So can I get my beer now or later? :beer: (Just joking..)

sedge
15th October 2006, 14:42
Thanks all...

And especially thank you to Sels1 for the fine work on the pipes... I finished with the dremel and hooked them up to the bike... they sound awesome.

Now everybody laugh 'with' me...

The hanger mounts don't go anywhere near the hangers... After all that it turns out the frecking spare pipes aren't actually off a 97 TLS... And I'll be having words with a certain bike shop... Again...

Arse.

But thanks ;) I owe you a big one Sels1.

Need beer now.

Sedge.

TLDV8
15th October 2006, 15:12
The hanger mounts don't go anywhere near the hangers... After all that it turns out the frecking spare pipes aren't actually off a 97 TLS... And I'll be having words with a certain bike shop... Again...

If you mean the actual OEM muffler.
They are probably TLR,same thing,different mounting bracket location compared to the TLS...fwiw

sedge
15th October 2006, 16:14
Ok... TLDV8... (or anyone) know if the TLR hangers mount to the TLS footpeg mounts ? As far as I can tell the holes are at the right length, just rotated in towards the swingarm 30 degrees or so (if that makes sense ?)

I'd rather not have to go through the pipe munging again if I can just get a quick fix.

Then again I expect I'd have to be careful the pipe mounts don't foul the hugger under compression.

I suppose I could ask the bike shop to make up some hangers that share the peg lugs and see how they go.

Anyone tried this ?

cheers,

Sedge.